LOWI - Innsbruck preview

Rainer Duda

Hello, thank you for this work and sorry for my English.

I have one suggest for the FS2004 vers.

It is possible in this add-on ... add the Innsbruck part of "Austria Professional (nur FS2004)"

Because, for FS2004, this product is sold out now, and I think is very good use this product with your futur Innsbruck product !

Innsbruck is a payware, I Think !!! ...

Just add 3 or 4 € for included the Innsbruck region from "Austria Pro 2004" ...

Thank you.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developer
Hello, thank you for this work and sorry for my English.

I have one suggest for the FS2004 vers.

It is possible in this add-on ... add the Innsbruck part of "Austria Professional (nur FS2004)"

Because, for FS2004, this product is sold out now, and I think is very good use this product with your futur Innsbruck product !

Innsbruck is a payware, I Think !!! ...

Just add 3 or 4 € for included the Innsbruck region from "Austria Pro 2004" ...

Thank you.

This is a very good suggestion. I will discuss it with Flugwerk and Aerosoft.

Thank you.

gianni

• 2 weeks later...

I second that reply!

I use Ultimate terrain which is very good, but if the Austria Proffesional for Innsbruck is much better it would be great if you could add this too!

Thanks

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates? Release dates?

well at the german web page of aerosoft, they say jun without guarantee in the pre-order section. but as i walways say, it comes when the time is right. It is better to wait and get the maximum of the product. But i can´t wait to :-) Whis you all a nice day.

• Developer
You could have a look at:

http://giannisworld.net/forum/phpBB3/

You'll at least find some new screen shots.

In the meantime Beta 0.95 was released for testing. So as far as I am concerned in a few days the production of the installer for version 1.0 might be started (if nothing unexpected happens). I added a couple of important things like ground vehicles. Have a look on this:

traffic.jpg

or

kahlbacher.jpg

or

kahlbacher_detail.jpg

s

t

a

y

tuned!

;)

Rainer, I have a couple of questions for you if you do not mind.

1- Can I preorder from the German page, or will the instructions be in German only?

2- It seems that some buildings are built, while houses in the airports vicinity are not. Is this going to be changed?

3- If the answer to the second part is no, then does Austria pro provide detailed homes like Switzerland pro?

Sorry for the headache, but for some reason I really like this airport though I have never been there.

I figured since it is a small area around the airport, that all buildings and homes would be added.

Thanks.

• Developer
Rainer, I have a couple of questions for you if you do not mind.

1- Can I preorder from the German page, or will the instructions be in German only?

2- It seems that some buildings are built, while houses in the airports vicinity are not. Is this going to be changed?

3- If the answer to the second part is no, then does Austria pro provide detailed homes like Switzerland pro?

Sorry for the headache, but for some reason I really like this airport though I have never been there.

I figured since it is a small area around the airport, that all buildings and homes would be added.

Thanks.

Hi Waleed,

although you have not addressed the questions to me, let me as the responsible designer try to answer at least the second and the third question (the first one is something that aerosoft will be able to answer).

As far as the version for FS9 is concerned the area which is covered by high resolution photo textures is limited due to technical restrictions. I tried to place as much buildings as possible on this photo-textures but to be honest it is impossible to dramatically enhance the numbers of buildings because this would affect the framerates too much (btw - I never would be able to release the product because it takes far to much time to construct and place the whole range of buildings). The major focus of my project is to offer an impression of the approach over the city and in particular of the short final with acceptable frames. Hence, the working title of the project is "Approaching LOWI". So at the end of the day I had to find a trade-off between a high detailed urban scenery and an airport scenery in combination with important buildings which are significant from the pilot's perspective during the visual approach on runway 26 or 08. AES-lite will contribute to another step in "as real as it gets" during the short final.

Austria Pro 2004 (which is the highly recommended addon for the austrian landscape) already offers autogen buildings for the city of Innsbruck. But as these objects are autogen-styled and the used landclasses for the city are not as accurate as a photo scenery the placement is only a approximation to reality. Nevertheless, the combination of the two independent addons (ATP 2004 and LOWI) offers a quite good impression of the entire approach.

It is planned - but not yet decided - to offer additional specific buildings for free download via aerosoft after the release of the download version for FS9 (which is expected soon). So the user will be able to decide whether or not he is adding some additional objects as far the specific hardware allows additional workload for the CPU and the graphics card.

Im am hoping that this information answers some of your questions.

Kind regards

Thanks Gianni,

I appreciate the limmitations of fs, and appreciate your explanations.

I am really thinking about Austria, as I love Switzerland pro, and you have convinced me to go for it.

Now, I only have to research a serious system for Jan. and hope it can handle all the add-ons.

It is planned - but not yet decided - to offer additional specific buildings for free download via aerosoft after the release of the download version for FS9 (which is expected soon). So the user will be able to decide whether or not he is adding some additional objects as far the specific hardware allows additional workload for the CPU and the graphics card.

Kind regards

Thanks Gianni,

I am one of those individuals that have a high end system so if you are able to provide us with more buildings, I would be happy to purchase the add on. Perhaps, you can do a complete Innsbruck city/town scenery as a separate product and include the ski slopes like Aerosoft did with their Aspen scenery. Just a thought. I have UT Europe so don't know if I should buy the Austria Pro yet.

Keep up the very good work!

Thanks Gianni,

I am one of those individuals that have a high end system so if you are able to provide us with more buildings, I would be happy to purchase the add on. Perhaps, you can do a complete Innsbruck city/town scenery as a separate product and include the ski slopes like Aerosoft did with their Aspen scenery. Just a thought. I have UT Europe so don't know if I should buy the Austria Pro yet.

I also have UT Europe and also bought Austria Pro and it looks awesome. Very impressive as is all of Aerosoft's sceneries. Who needs to go there when you have Aerosoft? :P

I would also buy this addon pack with extra scenery autogen.

Beautifully done!

Looks like another "Have to get it" airport!

Credit card at the ready. ;)

Haha, same here man! ;) -You guys know if it's gonna be released to FSX too?

• Developer
Perhaps, you can do a complete Innsbruck city/town scenery as a separate product and include the ski slopes like Aerosoft did with their Aspen scenery. Just a thought. I have UT Europe so don't know if I should buy the Austria Pro yet.

Interesting idea! I mean this would be a new scope for an enhancement. Let's think about it after the release(s) of the genuine project(s). Back to the questions:

* Yes, there will be a version for FSX (and this version will be made available as a boxed version which then contains the version for FS9). The main difference for the FSX-version will be a significant bigger photo texture (covering the enitre city and the vicinity)

* During the design phase we checked the compitability with both ATP2004 and UTE. So if users have at least one of these addons it does not matter which they are using. The only reason why I am recommending ATP2004 is two-fold: firstly I have to reference to one addon as far as the colorization of the seasonal textures is concerned and secondly ATP2004 is a little bit more accurate with the geo-referenced data(relevant for rivers, streets and train-tracks).

It is absolutely worth mentioning that the scenery can be used without another areal addon like ATP2004 or UTE, but users will notice an ugly effect for the river Inn and the highway ("Inntal-Autobahn"): MSFS standard scenery is extremly wrong in this area and I found no way to adjust the photo-textures. This is the reason for the recommondation for an addon like ATP2004 OR UTE.

Hello Gianni,

how big is the Photo Texture for your FSX Innsbruck scenery? (Perhaps an googleearth kml file :) ? ). Is Achensee inside or outside the Photo texture? I do not expect this, but in the case it is, I would create watermasks in another area.

Many Greetings Thomas

Hello Gianni,

how big is the Photo Texture for your FSX Innsbruck scenery? (Perhaps an googleearth kml file :) ? ). Is Achensee inside or outside the Photo texture? I do not expect this, but in the case it is, I would create watermasks in another area.

Many Greetings Thomas

I think the scenery span is about roughly a half mile radius of the airport itself. Look at the pictures on his site.

Gianni, yes, I think if you are planning to start a line of payware sceneries, then I think the Innsbruck City and surrounding mountain ski resorts are a very good start! Thanks for listening and for your consideration! I'm really looking forward to the real LOWI approach!! :)

• Developer
I think the scenery span is about roughly a half mile radius of the airport itself. Look at the pictures on his site.

Gianni, yes, I think if you are planning to start a line of payware sceneries, then I think the Innsbruck City and surrounding mountain ski resorts are a very good start! Thanks for listening and for your consideration! I'm really looking forward to the real LOWI approach!! :)

The span of the photo in FSX will be roughly from Wattens (east of Innsbruck) to Voels (west of Innsbruck). Achensee is definitely not included. The range which is mentioned by newmanix is valid for the FS9-version.

cu

• Developer

Finally it's done. I finished the design after a long and hard test phase yesterday. The version for fs9er is now ready for the production of the installer. There would be room for further improvement but somewhen I had to decide to close the project.

I would like to express my thankfullness to all friends and beta-testers and all the persons who contributed to this work during the last 17 months:

* Rainer Duda who brought in his experience with the adjustment of mesh and vector polygons and additionally to define and produce the correction files for the compatibility with UTE.

* Oliver Pabst who made the moving traffic around the airport as well as the train traffic

* Heinz Rückeshäuser who supported me in the adjustements for the compitabililty with Austrian Professional

* Jim Vile who gave his permission to use and add his splendid file for AI-traffic approaches

* Arno Gerretsen and other designers to be mentioned in the "Acknoledgements" in the documentation who allowed me use an animated windsock (also placed on the heliport on top of the hospital in Innsbruck)

* Steffen Lindemann who contributed gmax objects and library objects (eg the "Patscherkofel"-radio station and some house-objects in the vincinity)

...to be continued...

final_dusk.jpg

It is highly recommended to use this addon in combination with either Austrian Professional 2004 (preferred) or UTE. As the local mesh files for Innsbruck are included but not the landclass-files as well as the local files for roads, rivers and railroad tracks users who do not use one of the mentioned addons will notice a mismatch of the regional appearance of the airport vincinity and the Microsoft standard look. Our investigations prooved that nearly every user who flies the alps has at least one of the mentioned addons.

:D Box is not too far off, but you should also ask the designers of Austria pro for your cut from the potential increase in sales due to Innsbruck. ;)

Great work everyone, and thanks.