LOWI - Innsbruck preview

Rainer Duda

Hi,

Hamburg is nearly finished. So it's time for me to show you FS9 screens from another great coming scenery:

LOWI-Innsbruck (from the well-known designer Johannes "Gianni" Kimla).

Own AI-Trafffic (mostly WorldofAI), Ground-Environment, FlightEnvironment (from Flight1), Ultimate Terrain Europe and Austria Prof. installed.

Weather comes from ActiveSky. some showed planes are Payware.

lowi01.jpg

lowi02.jpg

lowi03.jpg

lowi04.jpg

lowi05.jpg

lowi06.jpg

lowi07.jpg

lowi08.jpg

lowi09.jpg

lowi10.jpg

lowi11.jpg

lowi12.jpg

lowi13.jpg

lowi14.jpg

lowi15.jpg

lowi16.jpg

lowi17.jpg

lowi18.jpg

lowi19.jpg

lowi20.jpg

lowi21.jpg

lowi22.jpg

lowi23.jpg

lowi24.jpg

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very like ... and beautiful pictures, you have a great job !

I hope you previous also some beautiful winter textures ( snow, ice ...) for this airport !

Release date is May, that's exacte ?

Great

Hi,

Hamburg is nearly finished. So it's time for me to show you FS9 screens from another great coming scenery:

LOWI-Innsbruck (from the well-known designer Johannes "Gianni" Kimla).

Own AI-Trafffic (mostly WorldofAI), Ground-Environment, FlightEnvironment (from Flight1), Ultimate Terrain Europe and Austria Prof. installed.

Weather comes from ActiveSky. some showed planes are Payware.

Hello Rainer

Scenery LOWI looks perfect. I am waiting.

Due to the involve of Aerosoft marketing, would it mean that Giannis's work goes to Payware and nomore Freeware.

So far no problem for me because professional scenery design with a valid AFCAD will be always have to be payed.

I never under estimate the necessary time and power to make a realistic and proper design like Gianni and others.

Go ahead Gianni.

regards from Roger

Ciao,

Rainer.

Hi Roger,

Giannis LOWI won't be Freeware. That's correct. And I fully understand this step. Even more as I got his first bgl-files and installed it. That's too much work inside for free.

Ciao,

Rainer.

That looks fantastic !!

Will the product, in the near future, contain both, the FS9+FSX versions for the one price ?

Or, IOW, will FS9 customers get the FSX version for free when it becomes available ?

Cheers,

Siggy

WOW! The level of detail is incredible! I thought Gianni reached ultimate realism levels with his Klagenfurt scenery, but this one goes way beyond that. My creditcard is already shaking nervously in my wallet :lol:

Question: LOWI has very specific off-standard approaches for both runways. Will there be a traffic file (like the ones ai-traffic-magician Jim Vile made for FlyTampa's Hongkong and St. Barth's) included with the scenery so AI traffic flies the correct approach, rather then flying trough a mountain?

Regards,

Frank

I am happy it's payware! And I hope to see more payware seneries comming!! This looks so good!!! Can't wait!!

Will there a program to keep AI traffic from flying through the hills/into mountains?????

• Developer
Question: LOWI has very specific off-standard approaches for both runways. Will there be a traffic file (like the ones ai-traffic-magician Jim Vile made for FlyTampa's Hongkong and St. Barth's) included with the scenery so AI traffic flies the correct approach, rather then flying trough a mountain?

After having received the kind permission from Jim Vile to use his traffic file for LOWI this feature will be included in the package (I do not see the necessity to reinvent the wheel once again). So AI-Traffic arrivals will be as real as it gets - nevertheless departures will be odd due to the wellknown limitations of the traffic-engine in FS9.

stay tuned and greetz!

gianni

Excellent !!! Please - can you say me, how works Ground Environment + Ultimate Terrain Europe and Austria Prof. together ? Layers in scenery.cfg?

Standa

• Developer
Excellent !!! Please - can you say me, how works Ground Environment + Ultimate Terrain Europe and Austria Prof. together ? Layers in scenery.cfg?

Standa

Hi,

We are closely cooperating with "Flugwerk" to achieve the highest possible degree of compatibility with ATP2004 (and FSX afterwards). Personally I am convinced that ATP is the best available regional addon for the austrian landscape so we are focussing to match the scenery with this addon. As far as UTE is concerned we are currently struggling with the used layer-technique; this by the way is one of the reasons that the release may last a little bit longer than expected earlier.

Anyway it is strongly recommended to use an addon like you mentioned because the standard scenery from Microsoft has significant errors referring to the river Inn.

That looks fantastic !!

Will the product, in the near future, contain both, the FS9+FSX versions for the one price ?

Or, IOW, will FS9 customers get the FSX version for free when it becomes available ?

Cheers,

Siggy

An excellent scenery for an excellent airport. Thank you Gianni!

This product contains FS9 & FSX versions of one price?

The FS9 version includes the mesh? or use the default mesh?

Cheers,

Currently I use both F1 UTE and GE. So if it takes longer for the release I am very much fine with that! This is one of my favoriate airports and the senery approaching the airport is as important as the airport senery it's self! So take your time Gianni!!

I drove past the airport yesterday... the weather has been tough in the Alps this week, and we decided to go into Innsbruck and do some shopping...

The screenshots are an accurate rendition of what I saw, I can say that for certain...

This is one I have been looking forward to as well!

Gianni, do you know perhaps if there are any issues relating to the Inn with FSGlobal2005? Or will it be necessary for those using LOWI to install ATP?

Andrew

• Developer
I drove past the airport yesterday... the weather has been tough in the Alps this week, and we decided to go into Innsbruck and do some shopping...

The screenshots are an accurate rendition of what I saw, I can say that for certain...

This is one I have been looking forward to as well!

Gianni, do you know perhaps if there are any issues relating to the Inn with FSGlobal2005? Or will it be necessary for those using LOWI to install ATP?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your kind words. The more the scenery looks as the real one the better we have met our target.

Currently I cannot say whether or not issues with FSGlobal2005 are to be expected. We will try to test this combination. Anyway, personally I think that ATP2004 is the best available addon for the entire austrian landscape as far as the accuracy of rivers and streets is concerned. Hence, we are focussing on the compatibilty to ATP2004. But nevertheless we currently are trying to solve some issues with UTE which has partly significant offsets of the geo-referenced data.

kind regards

hey gianni and aerosoft-team,

I just want to say that Innsbruck looks really really good.

also your freeware scenery, gianni, klagenfurt and salzburg.

so, in german: "Macht weiter so!"

Regards

Matze

Gianni,

I have German Airports 1 installed, it includes a version of LOWI Innsbruck. Will the installer of your new version of LOWI disable the old version like the new Hamburg does? Or will we have to disable it manually?