Aerosoft publishing PMDG MD11

bertvk

What is causing the delay at Aerosoft in publishing the PMDG MD11 for FS9 and FSX?

Still nothing seen at all at Aerosoft.com!

Are the boxes not available or what? I have still some 200 empty one's at home :lol:

But serious now; when can we expect some (pre)announcement about this addon?

Regards

Bert

PMDG still have some issues to fix with another patch, once that is done and released it will probably be a few more weeks before you see the CD version for sale. I hear the patch is pretty close to being ready too.

• Aerosoft
PMDG still have some issues to fix with another patch, once that is done and released it will probably be a few more weeks before you see the CD version for sale. I hear the patch is pretty close to being ready too.

Right, we simply do not have the data yet, but let me ask.

Updated, just spoke to the Product Manager. We are waiting for their ok on the data, but we got no idea at this moment when that will come. Sorry...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

now PMDG published their patch, i'm sure it will not be for long until we see a Box version.

But I have one _important_ question:

Will the box-version be trojan-free?

The PMDG download versions contain a trojan that deletes files from your FS if it thinks your MD-11 is pirated*. I do not want to discuss piracy here, i just think the legal customers (who bought a box) have the right to get a trojan-free software. Who knows if someday the MD-11 update/livery installers malfunction and ... You got it.

So a boxed-versoin will only be an option for me, if it is guaranteed to work and not destroy my fs9 under any circumstances.

Phil

*using a virtual machine and process explorer, you can clearly verify that !!! Please do not try this at home, kids!

So a boxed-versoin will only be an option for me, if it is guaranteed to work and not destroy my fs9 under any circumstances.

Yes, I second that!

Greetings

Tim

I understand the desire to get even with the pirates, but damaging the user's computer (beyond disabling the pirated software) is not ethical and possibly illegal. Plus the risk it imposes on the legal owner (I'm one of those, download version).

Aerosoft should have their lawyers look into this before release.

Tom