Tahiti X 1.10 Available

• Aerosoft

If there was one product that surprised us recently it was Tahiti X. Sure we knew that it looked great and was easy to use, but we just did not expect it to be such a success. Shows you that there are still surprises around! But with the success come responsibilities and Benedikt is well aware of that. So he continued to tinker with the files and to improve a great product. Version 1.10 is available right now. We did not do an update file because that would be almost as large as the full version (because the main bitmaps have all been worked on). So just remove the current version and download the new version.

This is new:

* Adjustment of some 3D-objects (f.e. Nao Nao airport and Faa'a airport)

* Improvement of autogen (Papeete)

* Slightly changed water textures for all islands

* Slightly changed manual/map

* Removed autogen issue (Uturoa airport)

* Improved landclass for all islands

And this is how it looks:

TahitiX1.jpg

TahitiX2.jpg

TahitiX3.jpg

TahitiX4.jpg

TahitiX5.jpg

TahitiX6.jpg

TahitiX7.jpg

TahitiX8.jpg

TahitiX9.jpg

TahitiX10.jpg

TahitiX11.jpg

• Upvote 1

Äähhmm----sorry,but what is there looking "magnificant"???????

These shots could have been taken anywhere in FSX.I cannot see anything

making me think that i`m over Tahiti,neither buildings,nor beaches

or anything else.

My 2 cents

Michael

• Upvote 1

Maybe Mathijs uploaded the wrong images. ;)

I have to agree with Michael. Having read the review of Tahiti X in Computer Pilot magazine, these pictures don't look anything like those I saw in the review.

• Upvote 1

Just take a flight over default Tahiti and take in the squarish coastlines, mediocre mesh, dull autogen and boring landclass placement and you'll start seeing the difference.

making me think that i`m over Tahiti.

OMG, check you glasses. :blink: The following screen captures were taken at about the same location as the seventh screenshot. They show Tahiti X and the FSX default scenery from exactly the same point of view with exactly the same settings.

Comparison_2_sm.jpg

I am a very happy Tahiti X customer. I have to say that it is a big improvement over the default but I can see why you would say it isn't if you are expecting photoscenery or new land classes.

On a different note will this update include improvements to the runway lighting?

Another update I would like to see is the elimination of pine trees.

• Aerosoft
I am a very happy Tahiti X customer. I have to say that it is a big improvement over the default but I can see why you would say it isn't if you are expecting photoscenery or new land classes.

On a different note will this update include improvements to the runway lighting?

Another update I would like to see is the elimination of pine trees.

There is no photo coverage available for this region that does not have very serious cloud cover and is way outside our price range.

Will ask about the other issues!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
Äähhmm----sorry,but what is there looking "magnificant"???????

making me think that i`m over Tahiti,neither buildings,nor beaches

or anything else.

My 2 cents

Michael

Well then you send us some shots of default FSX scenery that show this same details in mesh, landclass and traffic. Put your attachments where your mouth is....

Hey Bene, don't take this too serious! I really can't bear people, who criticize things they didn't even saw with their own eyes. :angry:

I REALLY love this scenery, there are so many nice details to explore, exactly what I want from such a nice place. If you don't like landclass scenery then go out and get yourself some of this silly wallpaper scenerys out there. There are 5 releases of this crap a day out there, without any of this nice objects...

I really can't bear people, who criticize things they didn't even saw things with their own eyes. If you don't like landclass scenery then go out and get yourself some of this silly wallpaper scenerys out there. There are 5 releases of this crap a day out there, without any of this nice objects...

Kettle, Pot, Black :lol: Rather hypocritical don't you think.

Rather hypocritical don't you think.

Sorry, maybe I was a bit to offensive there, but people make my angry who obviously didn't saw things with their own eyes start to bash such nice scenery. Everyone who tried to fly in this scenery will see that it is far away from FSX default even when it is not a photo scenery.

I personally don't like low quality photo sceneries and prefer handmade landclass style. That's my opinion.

Such things like the VFR Germany series are another thing. Here we have the best of both worlds I think, but when you don't have the source for this high quality photos it is better to do it in the way Tahiti looks like...

So, enough for now.

Rather hypocritical don't you think.

I don't think..because hypocritical are the guys who are always complaining. Mathijs explained very well why it isn't possible to make a photoreal Tahiti scenery..and btw Tahiti X is one of the best-selling download products ever.

@macroth72: I couldn't say it better, Kai. It's exactly what I'm thinking about this issue.

@bandsma: Actually the number of pine trees will be slightly increased by version 1.10, at least if you have Ground Environment X installed. The reason for this is that we tried to make the overall look of the islands more tropical by making use of the original Microsoft Hawaii landclass set. These textures were optimised for tropical islands but feature autogen pine trees, which can be found in some areas of the South Pacfic. We think it is an acceptable trade-off.

However, if our customers do not agree we will consider to release an optional update that will reinstate our original landclass.

Were going to have to agree to disagree, I found the comments highly hypocritical. It's a case of "say one thing and but do another" You cant tell someone off for doing something a certain way and then respond by doing the exact same wrong thing yourself, this is hypocrisy. I have no opinion one way or the other regarding landclass or photoscenery based products both can look magnificent.

@bandsma: Actually the number of pine trees will be slightly increased by version 1.10, at least if you have Ground Environment X installed. The reason for this is that we tried to make the overall look of the islands more tropical by making use of the original Microsoft Hawaii landclass set. These textures were optimised for tropical islands but feature autogen pine trees, which can be found in some areas of the South Pacfic. We think it is an acceptable trade-off.

However, if our customers do not agree we will consider to release an optional update that will reinstate our original landclass.

Go figure. I googled for "tahiti pine trees" and apparently there are pine trees on the French Polynesian islands. A little scrubbier looking than those in temperate climates but pine none the less. I'm fine with the pine trees then.

Go figure. I googled for "tahiti pine trees" and apparently there are pine trees on the French Polynesian islands.

Actually, most of them are bottlebrushes, which look very much like pine trees. Here is a photo: http://www.joetourist.ca/Polynesia/images/7805097.jpg So pine trees are good for me, too.

For those who want photoreal scenery, check out TileProxy.

As Mathijs pointed out already all aerial photography available has major parts of the islands covered with clouds. That's what you'll see if you use interfaces such as TileProxy.

Wife and I went to Tahiti and Moorea for 15 days for our honeymoon. There was always cloud cover above the islands to the point where you could not see the tops of the peaks most of the time.

This is next on my purchase list once the update(s) are done!

• Aerosoft
Wife and I went to Tahiti and Moorea for 15 days for our honeymoon. There was always cloud cover above the islands to the point where you could not see the tops of the peaks most of the time.

This is next on my purchase list once the update(s) are done!

It's available right now.

We did not do an update file because that would be almost as large as the full version (because the main bitmaps have all been worked on). So just remove the current version and download the new version.

Maybe a stupid question but I can’t see how I can download the new version without buying it again now it’s not available as a separate update. Please let me know how I can obtain this update.

Well then you send us some shots of default FSX scenery that show this same details in mesh, landclass and traffic. Put your attachments where your mouth is....

Sehr geehrter Hr.Kok,

Ich bin doch etwas verwundert über eine dermassene Antwort Ihrerseits

und möchte mir dieses verbitten!

Ich zähle mich zu den "guten" Aerosoft-Kunden,Sie können gerne meine

Bestellhistorie einsehen.

Man kann über alles diskutieren,aber bitte in einem Tonfall,der nicht ausfallend werden muss.

Auch Kritik gehört nun mal zum Geschäft und ich bezog meine Aussage auf ein Review.

Ich besitze diese Szenerie nicht und gedenke sie auch nicht zu kaufen,lasse mich aber über die Detailfülle

und Schönheit dieses Produktes gerne aufklären.

Also,ich bitte doch darum,zukünftig etwas mehr Wert auf die Wortwahl zu werfen!

Gruss

Michael Trensch