"Data files newer then Installed version"

Sandbag01

Hi there,

I have installed the latest version (1.99b) of AES on my PC, but I get the message:

"Data Files newer then Installed version. Don't use older Packs. Reinstall newest Basepacks".

Would please be so kind to advise me what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Harry

Do you have Vista? Is the FS in C:\Program Files?

1.99a is the newest Installer not 1.99b.

Hello,

I have the same problem (see the picture), i'm using FS9 and FS is in C:\Program files. After instalation i've got the same error message.

Is there a solution to correct that problem ? Thanks for help.

LiveOpenSkies

post-23854-1235868150_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I have the same problem (see the picture), i'm using FS9 and FS is in C:\Program files. After instalation i've got the same error message.

Is there a solution to correct that problem ? Thanks for help.

LiveOpenSkies

Problem solved finaly, don't need help anymore :rolleyes: maybe another time :lol:

LiveOpenSkies

Do you have Vista? Is the FS in C:\Program Files?

1.99a is the newest Installer not 1.99b.

Hi Mr. Pabst,

Thanks for your help, but with no result, the problem still there.

Yes, I have Vista (32 bit) and FS9 is in C:\Program Files.

I am triying to uninstall AES from my PC but it was not succesfull

because after the unistallation I start FS9 and a popup windows says:

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery AEROSOFT\AES\SCENERY in scenery AREA.051 was not found".

So I try to install AES again but this was not succesfull again.

I am sick of AES! :angry:

• Developer

Hi,

your primary problem is, that you install the FS9 to the default directory below c:\Program files. So Vista is now playing with you by his UAC (User Access Controll).

Normally AES try to solve this problem, when you start AESHelp, but I don't know what all you have done here.

Maybe you can check, if you find a AES directory below:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft

and delete this one. Then run the neuest AES (1.99a) installer again.

The long term solution should be, that you install the FS9 under C:\FS2004 or better on a different partition like D:\FS2004, so you are save, that the UAC will not move things in the Virtual Store.

Hi,

your primary problem is, that you install the FS9 to the default directory below c:\Program files. So Vista is now playing with you by his UAC (User Access Controll).

Normally AES try to solve this problem, when you start AESHelp, but I don't know what all you have done here.

Maybe you can check, if you find a AES directory below:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft

and delete this one. Then run the neuest AES (1.99a) installer again.

The long term solution should be, that you install the FS9 under C:\FS2004 or better on a different partition like D:\FS2004, so you are save, that the UAC will not move things in the Virtual Store.

Hi Mr. Pabst,

Thanks for your reply! Due to problems in Vista I have turned UAC off a long time ago and I have deleted manually

the Aerosoft\AES folder you have mentioned, but with no result.

I have tried to reinstall AES (1.99a) with no result and stille the FS9 startup screen says:

post-24082-1236620230_thumb.jpg

• Developer

But did you have a subdir <FS9Mainpath>\Aerosoft\AES ?

That Directory is the AES Path where also the AESHelp and all other needed files are located.

You maybe also can open your Scenery Library Menü and delete all entrys (maybe one, maybe more) which call "AES Basepack"

But did you have a subdir <FS9Mainpath>\Aerosoft\AES ?

That Directory is the AES Path where also the AESHelp and all other needed files are located.

You maybe also can open your Scenery Library Menü and delete all entrys (maybe one, maybe more) which call "AES Basepack"

No, I am afraid I have no subdir <FS9Mainpath>\Aerosoft\AES

and no Scenery Library menu. Even in "regedit" there is no AES left. :(