Please Don't Abandon Paris X

alazose

I notice that VFR Paris X is no longer on your Scenery Release Dates list. As a grateful fan and user of Manhattan X, I am very sorry about this development. I was really looking forward to flying and exploring in a Paris scenery that compared in quality and scope to Manhattan. I sincerely hope that the project is not permanently shelved, and that your developers will return to it at some point in the future. I can certainly understand that a Paris scenery must involve detail and complexities of the highest magnitude, but please don’t abandon it. It doesn’t have to be perfect for us. Even a flawed Paris is better than no Paris.

I notice that VFR Paris X is no longer on your Scenery Release Dates list. As a grateful fan and user of Manhattan X, I am very sorry about this development. I was really looking forward to flying and exploring in a Paris scenery that compared in quality and scope to Manhattan. I sincerely hope that the project is not permanently shelved, and that your developers will return to it at some point in the future. I can certainly understand that a Paris scenery must involve detail and complexities of the highest magnitude, but please don't abandon it. It doesn't have to be perfect for us. Even a flawed Paris is better than no Paris.

I agree! I have spent a lot of time (and money) trying to get the France VFR City Paris scenery to work in FSX (using the FSX patches) and it looks terrible. You have to buy 2-3 separate products for the "best" experience, and I did that. Wish I had that £50 back....

The developers agree it looks much better in FS9.

A good FSX Paris would be a great seller...

The full pack form France VFR does the job well, not cheap though. Dont think Aerosoft should waste its time redoing stuff which are decently done elsewhere. Etienne

The full pack form France VFR does the job well, not cheap though. Dont think Aerosoft should waste its time redoing stuff which are decently done elsewhere. Etienne

Etienne's post prompted me to visit (found via Google) the FlightSim X website, where I found the attached photos. Isn't that the Aerosoft Europe logo on the VFR Paris X CD ROM box? The FlightSimX flightstore said it was "expected in March 2009", and selling for 21.99 Euros, including VAT. Can someone please explain?

ParisFlightSimX01.jpg

ParisFlightSimX.jpg

ParisFlightSimX03.jpg

VFR Paris/Fly Paris City Pack/Paris Autogen/Paris Base pack etc were designed for FS9 by VFR France.

There are patches included for FSX, but as the developers have told me (and I can confirm), it looks much better in FS9 than FSX. It is not a true FSX product like Manhattan X.

It would be good to know whether the Aerosoft product shown is just a repackaging of the VFR France product or a true FSX product.

I would guess from the description it's a repackaging........

Paris 2004 repackaged for FSX – that would explain it. But it’s interesting to note that this repackaged product with the Aerosoft logo is for sale on the FlightSimX website but not the Aerosoft website. Can someone explain that? Has anyone actually used this specific product?

Paris 2004 repackaged for FSX – that would explain it. But it's interesting to note that this repackaged product with the Aerosoft logo is for sale on the FlightSimX website but not the Aerosoft website. Can someone explain that? Has anyone actually used this specific product?

Could someone from Aerosoft clear this up for us? Shaun?

This problem of packaging (only Web visual packaging, nobody have a real cardboard packaging of this product) is not really important.

The true problem is : Does Aerosoft still have Paris X project on line ?

I have FranceVFR Paris CityPack and all its mandatory package (Basepack and Autogen) and if it looks fine on FSX, it's a photo-real base with a very coarse definition. After 2 minutes of flight, the photographic textures are not renewed and you have a strange impression of very sharp buildings (autogen and specific monuments) floating on a fuzzy background mixing streets and roofs.

Another strange and very unpleasant characteristic of this package : roads and streets are only photographics (precision : 5 m by pixel). In low altitude flight (helicopter) it's absolutely awful.

Last thing, it's only summer and daylight scenery. Absolutely no lights at night (Paris = Ville Lumière <_<:-) ) and the scenery covers the whole "Ile de France" (12 500 km2) dark and green.

In contrary, Manhattan X or Venise X have streets and roads with FSX characteristics, lights at night, and a very good textures.

So we need a Paris X by Kosma and Kok, with a restricted covering (Paris and suburbs), decent night textures and FSX streets and "boulevards".

Please don't abandon Paris X :( :( :(

Pierre Néel

Back when Paris X was a viable project, I somehow came across this sample screenshot on the Aerosoft website. What a shame it would be if we were denied the exhilaration and joy of being able to fly through the City of Light.

Paris.jpg