piper super cub in virtual cockpit

olderndirt

After recently installing my 'Piper Super Cub', I was eager to relive some of my Alaskan flying. Being fond of the 'virtual cockpit', which lets you keep the runway in sight as you're maneuvering to final, I immediately went to that in the cub. Imagine my consternation when I could almost count the prop blades. An O320 turning that slow would put the tach just a bit over idle - you can see the two white stripes on the prop tips. The prop should be invisible throughout the flight regime. Just think - if you could count the blades and all of a sudden there was just one :rolleyes: . Surely someone else has mentioned this and, if so, what's the fix?

Shaun

You're not, by chance, the same Shaun I've been emailing back and forth with under my other name - Dave Ronaldson? If you are, you'll know I've got a self-inflicted problem. At my first attempt to insert the prop.bmp folder, I neglected to copy it - brilliant. So now, after looking at all the cubs, I have a selection of prop files with various dates. Much as I'd like to think that the one with the latest date (1/17/2005) is the original from the FS 9\Aerosoft\Super Cub folder, I need to know this for sure before starting in again. If you, or anyone with this file, could verify the date it would be appreciated.

Hello Dave,

Yes its the same me as in the e-mail.

Have you still got the original prop.bmp thats in the following folder.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\SuperCub folder.

The size of the file I have is 85.4 and modified on the 6th Jan 2005.

If your still unsure let me know and I'll mail it to you so you can use that one to replace all the other prop.bmp files.

Shaun

Success :P !!! I unzipped the download and ran the setup again. Lo and behold the 85.4kb file. Copied and pasted to all the texture files and no more prop blur. Thanks for all your help.

Dave R