F-16 review by Computer Pilot

VinFlyer

I wanted to put this message in the review forum but it appears I can't post it there (Mathijs/Shaun, can you move this topic there?)

Anyways, Computer Pilot did a review on the F-16 in their February issue. In short the reviewer liked the looks of the plane (modeling and texturing) but was rather disappointed that there was no possibility to shoot down planes and drop bombs... He was expecting something to follow up the Falcon 4 simulation. :rolleyes:

Now I don't have anything against criticism, but the points on which he turns down the F-16 are in my view a bit ridicules. Does he know what kind of simulation FSX is? That it isn't a combat simulation? That the F-16 never was intended to follow up a whole completely other kind of simulation like Falcon4? Aside from these points the review was not that bad, and it comes with quite some pictures.

...was rather disappointed that there was no possibility to shoot down planes and drop bombs...

I have to admit it would be fun to sneak up on some unsuspecting AI and shoot it down... :lol:

I only quickly scanned my PDF copy, but one negative point I noted was the absense of landing lights.

I wanted to put this message in the review forum but it appears I can't post it there (Mathijs/Shaun, can you move this topic there?)

Anyways, Computer Pilot did a review on the F-16 in their February issue. In short the reviewer liked the looks of the plane (modeling and texturing) but was rather disappointed that there was no possibility to shoot down planes and drop bombs... He was expecting something to follow up the Falcon 4 simulation. :rolleyes:

Now I don't have anything against criticism, but the points on which he turns down the F-16 are in my view a bit ridicules. Does he know what kind of simulation FSX is? That it isn't a combat simulation? That the F-16 never was intended to follow up a whole completely other kind of simulation like Falcon4? Aside from these points the review was not that bad, and it comes with quite some pictures.

Hi. I saw that PC Pilot review just yesterday. Just to make a point... my impression was that overall the reviewer loved the plane. ( 90/100 I think? ) So let's keep that in mind. But you're right, his disappointment was that more of those little miscellaneous systems and buttons around the cockpit had no function. Fair enough, I guess, but I wish he would have made more of an effort to investigate whether those systems could have any meaning or use in FSX, or if there would be any way they could be reasonably modeled, within reasonable time, using reasonable resources, etc.... I think that all in all people got very good value for their money, and almost every review I've seen agrees.