Manhattan X update

Thanks for the observations: On 5 and 6 you mean GPU memory? My 8800GTS 320MB is below recommended specs - but is there any guarantee that upgrading to a 512MB or higher memory GTX would improve things? I have the same problems with VFR London, but despite extensive research I've never come across any advice to suggest a minor upgrade of video memory would help! (In fact there are many reports of an NVidia 280 not improving things either!)

Regards - Hendrik

Hi Hendrik

What screen resolution are you using? Are you using nHancer?

The 320MB 8800GTS is what can be considered a "borderline" card in FSX. 320MB RAM is too little for FSX + complex scenery addons and most of the recommendations I have read suggest a 512MB card as a minimum. Should you upgrade to a 512MB card? In this case, yes you probably should. The 9800GTX+ 512MB or the GTX260 Core216 is where you should be looking - anything more is not neccesary.

You should also see if you cannot o'c your C2D to beyond 3GHz - every little bit will help here.

Konrad

Hi Hendrik

What screen resolution are you using? Are you using nHancer?

The 320MB 8800GTS is what can be considered a "borderline" card in FSX. 320MB RAM is too little for FSX + complex scenery addons and most of the recommendations I have read suggest a 512MB card as a minimum. Should you upgrade to a 512MB card? In this case, yes you probably should. The 9800GTX+ 512MB or the GTX260 Core216 is where you should be looking - anything more is not neccesary.

You should also see if you cannot o'c your C2D to beyond 3GHz - every little bit will help here.

Konrad

Thanks for all your comments. FSXAddicts comments on the 280 are neat, and match my own thoughts!

I've been using 1680x1050 (matched my desktop settings, widescreen). Tried reducing to 1280x960 or 1024 - no discernible difference. I have been using nhancer, but with the latest NVidia drivers I'm not sure its necessary so I'm giving it a try without NHancer. I've overclocked from 2.66 to 2.8. Have taken it to 3.0, but little difference and extra heat is generated.

I will seriously consider upgrading my GPU - my system is 18 months old which I guess is a lifetime tech wise lol.

Hendrik

• Aerosoft
Thanks for all your comments. FSXAddicts comments on the 280 are neat, and match my own thoughts!

I've been using 1680x1050 (matched my desktop settings, widescreen). Tried reducing to 1280x960 or 1024 - no discernible difference. I have been using nhancer, but with the latest NVidia drivers I'm not sure its necessary so I'm giving it a try without NHancer. I've overclocked from 2.66 to 2.8. Have taken it to 3.0, but little difference and extra heat is generated.

I will seriously consider upgrading my GPU - my system is 18 months old which I guess is a lifetime tech wise lol.

Hendrik

Call me silly, but I have seen it in two systems under XP, DX9...

The fastest GPU I can find for FSX under XP and DX9 is a Asus EAH4650 with 512 Mb. On the web for $60 or so. Visually there might be a bit of difference but I never notice these kind of things. I got two of them now and am considering buying one for my Core i7 system now as well (though I would need to see how it does under Vista and DX10) But look at it this way, how wrong can you go for $60?

Hi,

after the update I´m having problems with one building showing up twice. Please see the attached image.

Anything I can do about it or will it have to be fixed in the next patch?

Regards,

Ingo

post-1319-1234031141_thumb.jpg

What you're seeing is an error in the Default Scenery, the doubling up of the Citicorp Building. Since it's default scenery, there's not much you can do about it unless you install a separate New York area scenery for FSX, with whatever effect that may have on Manhattan X.

Incidentally, as mentioned in another thread, the slanted roof of the Manhattan X Citicorp Building is facing west, whereas the slanted roof of the actual building faces south, with the flat side facing north. Mr. Kozma has promised to fix this in a future update.

MH142.jpg

Citicorp.jpg

Hi,

thanks for the information. Somehow I hadn´t noticed the wrong building after installing Manhattan X 1.0. If you´re sure about the issue being related to the standard FSX scenery, then I guess I´ll have to live with it.

Ingo

To all the Manhattan X developers - THANK YOU!!!! What an amazing job you guys did.. blown away... Even when my PC slows to a slideshow, its a slide show thats nice to look at... The update has increased my performance though...

Yesterday, i was doing a flight with the Cooslsky MD80 as well as running Trackir, FDC Live Cockpit, and Vatsim... flying from KDCA to KLGA.. anyway, as i reached northern New Jersey and the Manhattan scenery started to kick in... BLAAAMMMM the computer completely folded... hahahaha

I guess ill have to stick with default cessnas for this scenery for the time being..

Just to say congratulations and thanks for getting this update out so quickly and for making such a great update for an already great package!

Although its making me even more frustrated that I don't have the money to go out and buy a new cpu! :P

PS: When do you plan on releasing the FSWC+?

========================================

Mr. Andras,

Thank you for all your hard work and, of course, the update for Manhattan X. ;)

@ James,

Glad the info helped! FSWC+ is a fair way along the dev path. Unfortunately our interface programming guru Ashton decided to take a well earned trip abroad for a few weeks so at the moment its treading water. As soon as he gets back we will be back on full steam to get it done. I have a rough alpha build working though and we hope you will all be blown away by the extra possibilities with this new update.

Cheers

Paul

Call me silly, but I have seen it in two systems under XP, DX9...

The fastest GPU I can find for FSX under XP and DX9 is a Asus EAH4650 with 512 Mb. On the web for $60 or so. Visually there might be a bit of difference but I never notice these kind of things. I got two of them now and am considering buying one for my Core i7 system now as well (though I would need to see how it does under Vista and DX10) But look at it this way, how wrong can you go for $60?

Well, I spent a little more than that and upgraded from my 8800GTS 320MB to a 9600GT 1GB (£80), and the improvement is fantastic. I'm now seeing Manhattan X is it was designed to be seen; detailed streets and traffic, non-blurred buldings and a 3D Central Park (instead of a muddy blur).

Congratulations guys - a great product.

Hendrik

Great Scenery..amazing detail

I downloaded ver. 1.02. I'm guessing this includes the 1.01 updated but I didn't see the light textures for the top of the empire state building. Also I wasn't able to take off from the PanAM Heliport...each time it just placed me at street leve but strangley enough in Windows 7 it worked so not sure what's up with Vista (32). Minor gripes to a fantastic product but any help is gretly appreciated.

thanks!