Possible to replace static gates at Frankfurt with FSX Default Moving ones?

BlinkNFG

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to replace the static gates at EDDF Frankfurt with FSX Default moving ones? I have manged to remove the static gates by removing the relevant .bgl file but I cannot seem to get the default FSX gates to appear. I add them using AFX or ADE but they don't show up in the scenery - (I assume due to some exclusion applied in your scenery) is there any way round this?

Alternatively are there any plans to release an update with moving gates - FSX default or custom?

thanks

Jon

You really dont want default FSX moving jetways in very high detail airports, its a sure fire way of turning FSX into a slideshow.

I have Gatwick from UK2000 which has default FSX moving jetways, and a few FS Dream Team Scenerys with moving jetways (their custom ones) and Aerosoft's own CDG with the majority of the jetways moving. They all seem (relatively) smooth and I get decent frame rates. I do have quite a good computer though.

I find it hard to go from standard FSX with moving jetways to static ones even if the airport itself looks (as it does) a million times better.

I would imagine that adding around 60 jetways to a complex scenery like this would make a pretty big impact to the frame rates, if this wasn't the case I'm sure Aerosoft would have added them in the first place. I've only got FSDT Zurich and Geneva both of which dont have 60 jetways, if they did I'm sure the experience wouldn't be as good as it is now.