Can't Log Time In Do-27x

Herman

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have the Do-27 in FS9 and FSX versions. In the FSX version, the internal Do logbook loses track of flight time. If I do a long enough flight, the time appears on the log page (for example, "2 hours of flight on Dornier Do-27"). However, when I close FSX and restart the Do, even with the same tail number, the time is gone. Same with the certificates ("Show certificates!"). After a long flight, I get a chit with the flight time. When I close and open the sim, the certificate is gone, replaced by a black rectangle.

I've asked this question on the Digital Aviation website, but no help on this issue.

I've tried re-installing and that had no effect. The flight time does show up in the gerneric FSX logbook, but I want to see those rewards in FSX.

System: E8400 CPU, 4Gb DDR2 800 RAM, nvidea GTX8800, Vista64 Ultimate, 500Gb SATA2 HD, nothing overclocked (yet), water cooling. Shouldn't be any issues here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
Hello Herman,

I spoke to Hans about this and he said that one of the developers who is no longer with them did this and as he no longer works there he cant find an answer for it as yet.

Thanks for asking, Shaun. Hopefully, he'll keep looking. I hope the FSX version isn't an orphan now. A pity, as this is otherwise such a fun airplane. I guess I'll just fly some more in FS2004 to see what happens next after the five hour "button."

Regards,

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I've played with this some more and found a work-around. The issue seems to be linked to User Account Conrol in Vista. Turning UAC "Off" (with the resulting reboot) allows FSX to update the appropriate Do-27 files. After you're done with flying the Do, you can return to using UAC and the changes to the Do files "stick."

Everything else I tried, such as running with administrator rights, running as administrator, and changing the attributes (from "Read only") of what I thought might be the relevant folders and files had no effect.

If anyone else wants to work at this, or check out the work-around for themselves, a painless way of checking to see if changes to your Do "stick" or not is to simply change something quick like the oil level or better yet, the rudder trim. You'll quickly be able to see it the changes stay in place.

Shaun, I consider this closed now. Thanks for your research.