Manhattan X - Who Uses the Charts?

alazose

I’ve ordered the box set of Manhattan X, and in anticipation I just downloaded the PDF manual. Like the Venice manual, it displayed several charts with “mandatory” routes and approaches, including instructions on “announcing” your arrival and intentions by radio to heliport air traffic controllers. Can I assume that this “requirement” is simply to make the experience more realistic? Forgive me for asking, but do many flight simmers actually adhere to and use the charts? I kept looking for the word “optional” among all those charts, but no luck. Since I’m a scenery guy and not a “flying” guy, I hope there will be no problem if I simply choose to fly an Ultralight trike or Cessna out of LaGuardia and fly every which way over Manhattan Island as I see fit. I want to take my Fraps videos and screenshots from every conceivable angle and location and just enjoy the ride.

I’ve ordered the box set of Manhattan X, and in anticipation I just downloaded the PDF manual. Like the Venice manual, it displayed several charts with “mandatory” routes and approaches, including instructions on “announcing” your arrival and intentions by radio to heliport air traffic controllers. Can I assume that this “requirement” is simply to make the experience more realistic? Forgive me for asking, but do many flight simmers actually adhere to and use the charts? I kept looking for the word “optional” among all those charts, but no luck. Since I’m a scenery guy and not a “flying” guy, I hope there will be no problem if I simply choose to fly an Ultralight trike or Cessna out of LaGuardia and fly every which way over Manhattan Island as I see fit. I want to take my Fraps videos and screenshots from every conceivable angle and location and just enjoy the ride.

Mr. alazose,

For you the answer is YES; Your just the kind of person that FS was designed for... You can enjoy it without having to do things like we are required in actual aviation circles. However, Aerosoft also caters to persons like me that like to keep it "real", so those chart are there for me.

Now go and fly your Cessna or Ultralite without any worries; the FAA won't come after you for incursions into the Manhattan X (FSX) Sim world. :lol:

Enjoy! ;)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
I've ordered the box set of Manhattan X, and in anticipation I just downloaded the PDF manual. Like the Venice manual, it displayed several charts with "mandatory" routes and approaches, including instructions on "announcing" your arrival and intentions by radio to heliport air traffic controllers. Can I assume that this "requirement" is simply to make the experience more realistic? Forgive me for asking, but do many flight simmers actually adhere to and use the charts? I kept looking for the word "optional" among all those charts, but no luck. Since I'm a scenery guy and not a "flying" guy, I hope there will be no problem if I simply choose to fly an Ultralight trike or Cessna out of LaGuardia and fly every which way over Manhattan Island as I see fit. I want to take my Fraps videos and screenshots from every conceivable angle and location and just enjoy the ride.

Just enjoy!

HOWEVER, the scenery has been partly designed to look best from the routes where we expect the user to be most.