Ground Environment X - USA / Canada / Alaska???

Stratos

Hello!

Just discovered there's a product called Ground Environment X - USA / Canada / Alaska (nur FSX), available here:

http://www.aerosoft.de/cgi-local/rd/ibosho...098227690,10613

Unfortunately is only in German so I want to ask If is compatible with my English version of the game, if can be bought in download version and specially what exactly this addon do?

Also If this addon is compatible with the missions packs that happen over the area.

Thank's!

Hello!

Just discovered there's a product called Ground Environment X - USA / Canada / Alaska (nur FSX), available here:

http://www.aerosoft.de/cgi-local/rd/ibosho...098227690,10613

Unfortunately is only in German so I want to ask If is compatible with my English version of the game, if can be bought in download version and specially what exactly this addon do?

Also If this addon is compatible with the missions packs that happen over the area.

Thank's!

Europe is next by the way, just make sure you have space on your hd, it is not small.

I would recommend mesh enhancement for the VFR flyer in particular, the one who would most benefit from improved ground textures. There are two primary commercial suppliers, FSGenesis and Pilot's FSGlobal. I have both. Either one may suit your needs for the world outside of North America. Only FSGenesis improves on the default FSX mesh for North America, and FSGlobal candidly states in its documentation that it does not do so. I hope that assists you in making your decision.

-Doug

Also, because of - how shall I put it - financial difficulties of the owner, FSGenesis is currently selling it's stuff very cheap! (This doesn't affect the quality of the mesh, of course).

One warning:

GEX is a great product, but thanks to the incorporation of many of the USA textures in other parts of the world, you will also get changes to textures in Europe, or in most other places you may fly. This does NOT integrate completely with the existing textures so unless and until the European textures are finally delivered you will have a slightly jarring effect in Europe if you fly wit these installed.

You can, of course, switch the textures back to default or whatever you have installed using the inbuilt backup system, when you fly outside the USA, but this can be very time-consuming.

GEX is a great product, but thanks to the incorporation of many of the USA textures in other parts of the world, you will also get changes to textures in Europe, or in most other places you may fly. This does NOT integrate completely with the existing textures so unless and until the European textures are finally delivered you will have a slightly jarring effect in Europe if you fly wit these installed.

However GEX Europe is in the pipeline : http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=26352&PN=7 ( well, actually has been for a long long time ... :rolleyes: )