African Airstrip Adventures Preview 2

A short stop-over at Lake Nakuru:

aaa_49.jpg

Mr. Pidder,

I saw this lake in a DVD documentary that I have; the fact that you've included it is really awesome! B)

Do you think that you can make the seasonal changes for it too; from a salt bed in the dry Summer season to a watery lake in the rainy seasons?

PS: I'm definitely buying this. :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
This lake still gives me lots of headaches. It's tough as it is to include millions of flamingos without bringing fsx to its knees. I'll see what I can do. ;)

C'mon, don't say you're not gonna model them fly away, when you fly close to them?! :lol:

It would be fantastic if fsx featured that kind of things. Even within missions those things are so incredibly limited. Think of games like GTA4, where other objects move to/away from the user and interact in different ways. Nothing like that is possible with fsx, not even with those nice tools like AES.

But there'll be lots of other nice things apart from frightening animals. ;)

Developers,

If its not too much to ask, I would like to see the birds follow their migration routes to and from the Okawango Delta and see the Lake Nakuru change seasonally from a dry salt bed to a lush wet marsh-land.

day6.jpg

3138958-Travel_Picture-Lake_Nakuru_Natio

p85235-Nakuru_Kenya-Lake_Nakuru.jpg

800px-Okavango11.jpg

Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

Late April maybe, but May is more realistic.

James: I'm not sure we cna do that, as said before: Those flamingos and Lake Nakuru still give me some headaches. I'll see what I can do.

... James: I'm not sure we cna do that, as said before: Those flamingos and Lake Nakuru still give me some headaches. I'll see what I can do.

No problem Sir; whatever you do, will be good enough for me! ;)

• Upvote 1

My first post here, but, I just wanted to say, this looks like a BLAST!

I can't wait to get this one. Especially since I just bought the Bush X. (great job on that plane btw, it's my new fav!)

• Aerosoft
My first post here, but, I just wanted to say, this looks like a BLAST!

I can't wait to get this one. Especially since I just bought the Bush X. (great job on that plane btw, it's my new fav!)

Welcome to the forum! And indeed you already got the perfect aircraft for this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Juergen, actually there is something I've just finished today:

Note that this is no official promotional video, just something I did on a sunday afternoon.

Make sure you watch the video in HQ / full screen! ;)

That was a nice introduction Mr. Thorsten! :D I know that it won't be (Orbx FTX) or UTX like photo scenery but this is a remarkable improvement over the FSX default. I was also wondering if the AI animals moved or if they were static objects. I remember, when FSX first came out, that there was a DEMO video showing the elephant heards in motion. I didn't know if you used those models or your own. I personal like the animated ones for "looks" sake but, I understand if you don't use it because of it being a FPS killer. Any, those Flamingo's look awesome! B)

Any clues as to its release? Would, say June be a reasonable date?

• Upvote 1

Don't think we're not working. There are some nice things in the pipeline. ;)

And if some of you should've missed it some posts above:

Click it and it will start to move. :D

• 2 weeks later...

WHOAW!!

I had missed all this, started browsing the Aerosoft forums after the SOAR forum moved over here (thank you for that).

Actually I work in Kenya, just back from a week-end trip to Lake Nakuru, and can't wait to try this out! Especially with the new glider from Aerosoft, it would be so cooool. From the map I think some great ridge riding could be achieved along the Rift Valley section from Nairobi to Nakuru. And the airstrips look very familiar and challenging, don't forget to leave some cows/elephants sleeping/grazing on the airstrip (fly over recommended).

Good luck with the final touches, I am sure there are many eager customers awaiting.

Regards, Pedro

Dear producers!

I can't wait for this to come out!

It really looks great, especially for a bush flyer like me :-)

I have on question.

How about a map?

Is it possible to get a "paper" vfr chart of that area?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

We're still working on that mission mode that became really complex lately.

There will be a map, but not the quality you would expect from Jeppesen. This is Africa! :D

The more I work on this addon, the more it crosses the line from simulation to game. So don't expect the usual fsx-stuff but lots of new things that bring gaming/adventure to fs. ;)

There will be a map, but not the quality you would expect from Jeppesen. This is Africa! :D

Cool! :-D

I love "simple african style" maps :-P

How can we get it, as the product will be a download?

And as Koala asked, will it occur that there are animals walking on the strip so that you have to do a low fly over first?

Would be great! :D

Thanks!