African Airstrip Adventures Preview 2

There will be a map, but not the quality you would expect from Jeppesen. This is Africa! biggrin.gif

The more I work on this addon, the more it crosses the line from simulation to game. So don't expect the usual fsx-stuff but lots of new things that bring gaming/adventure to fs. wink.gif

Hi again,

Nice to see some life coming back to this topic.

Thorsten, you really got us excited with the new things you want to bring to FSX, eagerly awaiting.

As for the hand drawn map, the cows on the runway and the beautiful sunsets, TIA!

rgds

Personally, after having spent quite a long time all over the world in fsx, I think that Africa is maybe the best/most realistic continent if it comes to landclass and scenery "feeling". It's very seldom that I actually fly for more than 5 minutes in fsx, but over the last days I found myself flying across the AAA scenery for several hours at a time, just being astonished how good fsx can look with a decent scenery, the right weather, time of day and a nice bush flying aircraft.

Since I work on this addon I totally fell in love with the colors of Africa. :)

I'll have to make another video of the rough and bumpy airstrips - they're so challenging, you'll have to love them. :D

• Aerosoft
I cant wait, any news on release date?

Late May...I am on vacation right now (needed that a lot after releasing the Catalina), but when I gate back this week AAA will be the most important project on my desk. It has so many new elements that it deserves a lot of attention. Biggest problem will be to get the people in the office to stop flying and start working on this, lol.

Hi!!

I'm getting a bit excited about the upcomming release!

Is it still going to be this week, or do you have serious "ear damage" so it will be later? :P:P

Greetz!

Sounds great!

Thank you and keep up the good work! :-)

A rhino?

Sounds like you have to be trained by Bear Grylls before you can design stuff like this :-P

Grtz!

Hey guys. Let´s build a squadron to protect Thorsten from further harm or unexpected maybe painful encounters, so he could concentrate in finishing AAA.

There are so many wild and powerful-angry beings out there : elephants, lions, crocodiles, snakes, gorillas, girl-friends, wives, families,...

:lol::lol::lol:

Thorsten, enjoy Pfingsten ;)

:) Will try to. My leg's better but I guess I broke a rib when I fell onto my camera. :D

Honestly: We all know, the last steps in a project are those who take longest. And I don't expect testers to sit in front of their computer over the long weekend. Anyway, I'm trying to do what I can to release those beasts onto you asap. :P

And I don't expect testers to sit in front of their computer over the long weekend.

Hmm I can sacrifice my long weekend to take over that horrible job?! :P:P

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, we got a bit of delay because of our installer dev being sick at this moment. So we got the files but no installer for the customers. Early next week we'll know an exact release date.

This weekend however I intend to complete the sequential missions and be king of the hill before you customer get your dirty hands on it. The idea that a mission knows about previous missions is something totally new and a filler feature in my idea.

It is so refreshing to see somebody doing something for the "dark continent". Aerosoft I am proud of you to create a scenery in Africa. This might only be the start?

I am really looking forward to this!