African Airstrip Adventures Preview 2

To wet your appetite, some more preview pictures:

AfricanAirfields1_Preview16.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview17.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview18.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview19.jpg

Yes, this is famous Lake Nakuru. I've still got some headaches about how to get 1.000.000 Flamingos into FSX without killing fps. :lol:

AfricanAirfields1_Preview20.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview21.jpg

You didn't think there are no runway lights in Kenya, did you? :P

AfricanAirfields1_Preview23.jpg

Sloped runways? Yes we've got them.

AfricanAirfields1_Preview22.jpg

I mean: really sloped! :D

AfricanAirfields1_Preview24.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview25.jpg

Typical view of those airstrips. You never really know if it is an airfield or just a road or a river bed.

AfricanAirfields1_Preview26.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview27.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview28.jpg

Crossing runway... :D

Bear in mind that we're still in an early beta stage, so lots of things might look different (and improved) in the final product. ;)

Looking great!

Can you at some time please post a rough overview/map of what area will be covered by the airfields and missions? Will this work with addon meshes like fsglobal, come with its own mesh or work with the standard mesh of the area?

Thanks very much!

Manuel

See the attached map of the area.

There will be a total of 30 Airstrips included in this addon. Kenya has more than 400 airstrips, but lots of them can barely be identified as airstrips, as they consist of a more or less vegetation-free road with what they call "firestation" (see screenshots) and that's it. :D

See the attached map of the area.

There will be a total of 30 Airstrips included in this addon. Kenya has more than 400 airstrips, but lots of them can barely be identified as airstrips, as they consist of a more or less vegetation-free road with what they call "firestation" (see screenshots) and that's it. :D

I can back that up - even in helicopters, some of those strips had to be called "minimalistic". Most all the old colonials have runways somewhere near the villa, plus the Daktaris and the Lodges have an aerial approach as well. Besides, with balloon tyres, almost any area on the savannah can be used. But sometimes those dusty brown rocks is lions...

...and flying low over the flatlands can also sometimes bring a "Gazelle Strike" - Thompson Gazelle that is. Them things with a leg at each corner and pointy horns at the front. They can do ten feet vertical when surprised by a low flyer - and if you happen to be inside his airspace, you'll have a fuselage full of barbie meat. If your quick enough to catch him before he recovers from the KO - tough animals!

Pity there aren't any Tommies in the "misc" sim objects.

Gents,

Considering all the creative imagination and efforts you all have put into this so far... Consider me sold on it! :D

I, especially, like the wildlife (something most developers forget about in FSX and that Aerosoft really brings to life); I liked it in Lord Howe X, Dillingham X, helogland X, and, even, Tahiti X - very much soo. It added a lot in realism and for me that's a "big requirement." B)

I really want to see this in my FSX from your BushHawk X or (future) Aerosoft Glider...

AfricanAirfields1_Preview19.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview22.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview06.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview07.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview04.jpg

AfricanAirfields1_Preview03.jpg

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to throw a Coke bottle out of the window!

(old movie called "The Gods Must Be Crazy")

FSXAddict,

:lol: - I remember that movie, I saw it when I was doing my undergrad in college ... LMAO!

Have them make an FSX "Droppable Object" Coke Bottle just for you to do just that... :lol:

Later! ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a reason for the quietness, Juergen. We're working on something that will blow your mind. :D

Specifics to be announced soon, but be sure: fsx won't be the same after you've seen this. ;)

There's a reason for the quietness, Juergen. We're working on something that will blow your mind. :D

Specifics to be announced soon, but be sure: fsx won't be the same after you've seen this. ;)

Is it FS 11? :lol:

For those who cannot wait here are some more impressions from the "Black Kontinent". But be aware: to find the animals in FSX is even more difficult than in Kenya's nationalparks itself ;)...

aaa_47.jpg

aaa_48.jpg

aaa_44.jpg

aaa_36.jpg

aaa_37.jpg

aaa_38.jpg

aaa_45.jpg

aaa_46.jpg

aaa_40.jpg

aaa_41.jpg

aaa_42.jpg

aaa_43.jpg