Strange problem with v1.99a

graemeb

I have discovered a strange problem after installing v1.99a of AES. If I load a plane that has not been configured for AES at one of my AES airports, I get the yellow warning dialog "Aircraft not correct configured! Please start AES to set parameter". Pressing F10 to close the box works normally, if the plane is on the ground.

If I then take off, the yellow box pops up again - but this time pressing F10 has no effect. In fact I think all the keyboard has been locked, as pressing other command keys has no effect either. When the plane was about 4 - 5 nm away from the airport (in this cas EGBB) the dialog box finally disappeared and I have control of the keyboard again.

I tested this at another airport (EDLP) and had the same problem. I don't believe this happened in v1.99 - certainly not in v1.98.

Can you please check if this problem is unique to my system?

Regards,

• Developer

Hi,

I will check that, but until a fix, you allways can close the window with the mouse clicking on the X in the upper right corner.

Onther workaround: Set the parameter for that airplane, even when you only set the shortname and disable all doors.

• Developer

Ok, I check that, possible that my code generates the window up again.

But the workaround to set the parameters (even when not correct) will work.

I experience the same problem. Seems that AES configuration window has "moved to back" which is why clicking on the x does not work. One has to bring that window to active in order for the clicking on x to work.

Oliver, this is distracting ... take off is a very busy period and therefore anything you can do to overcome this glitch would be appreciated. in the meantime the workarounds you suggest will be implemented as a bandaid solution.

Many thanks for an otherwise superb product.

Regards,

Brian

• Developer

Hi,

attached a fix for the non closing Window after departure with unconfigured airplanes. Please unzip the file in to the ..\Aerosoft\AES\Scenery folder.

Note: for AES 1.99a only.

Hi,

attached a fix for the non closing Window after departure with unconfigured airplanes. Please unzip the file in to the ..\Aerosoft\AES\Scenery folder.

Many thanks Oliver. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Hi Oliver,

I had another problem with 1.99a and thought this would be the appropriate place to post. Since I updated to 1.99a, I have had some performance issues (FS9) around around AES airports. I'm going to try the fix you posted here and see if this problem disappears along with the window issue (I was having trouble closing the window even with a defined aircraft by clicking the close window X - F10 still works).

I'll get back to you in this but wonder if you have had any performance decrease complaints with 1.99a.

Many thanks for a wonderful product! looking forward to 2.0 (and some more canadian fields included). (also thanks for getting MYNN up too ;-))

Martin