Matrox Triple head and multiple monitors

hotas

I have some questions regarding above topic. Untill now i use 2 monitors in MSFS X. With alt-enter i create a new view, undock it and drag to the other monitor. In this case i have 2 different independent views in FSX but i get a rather great loss in framerates. So i consider buying the matrox triplehead.

So my question now is: with matrox triplehead can you create 3 different views on 3 monitors? I mean for example virtual cockpit on center monitor, tower view on left monitor and spot view on right monitor with no loss in framerates? Or can you only strech one view over 3 monitors, so one big view over 3 monitors? Maybe some users of matrox can advise.I have been looking on the internet about this topic but i can't get a straight and clear answer.

Thanks for the assistance

Hotas

• Aerosoft
I have some questions regarding above topic. Untill now i use 2 monitors in MSFS X. With alt-enter i create a new view, undock it and drag to the other monitor. In this case i have 2 different independent views in FSX but i get a rather great loss in framerates. So i consider buying the matrox triplehead.

So my question now is: with matrox triplehead can you create 3 different views on 3 monitors? I mean for example virtual cockpit on center monitor, tower view on left monitor and spot view on right monitor with no loss in framerates? Or can you only strech one view over 3 monitors, so one big view over 3 monitors? Maybe some users of matrox can advise.I have been looking on the internet about this topic but i can't get a straight and clear answer.

Thanks for the assistance

Hotas

In principle the triplehead considers all your monitors are on single monitor. So if it works on a single screen it should work on all of them. Keep in mind that you will be dragging along a LOT of pixels and that that will affect FPS. I had it running on 5040x1050 and that did affect fps seriously in FS2004. In FSX I noticed that the additional cores were used more and that helped some.

In principle the triplehead considers all your monitors are on single monitor. So if it works on a single screen it should work on all of them. Keep in mind that you will be dragging along a LOT of pixels and that that will affect FPS. I had it running on 5040x1050 and that did affect fps seriously in FS2004. In FSX I noticed that the additional cores were used more and that helped some.

So as i understand Matthijs, i can not get 3 different views at the same time on the 3 monitors. The selected view is spread over the 3 monitors.

Thanks for the input.

greetings

Hotas

So as i understand Matthijs, i can not get 3 different views at the same time on the 3 monitors. The selected view is spread over the 3 monitors.

Thanks for the input.

greetings

Hotas

Well in 2d cockpit view I resize the stretched display to fill the centre monitor. This normalises the appearance of the cockpit. Then I open windows for overhead, throttle etc. and resize them to minimise distortion then position them on the other two monitors. In this way I can select the 2d and have ALL relevant info on hand, then select 3d virtual for that immersive experience. No frame rate hit with this technique.

What you are seeking however CAN be done in windowed mode but frames will take a BIG hit.

What you are seeking however CAN be done in windowed mode but frames will take a BIG hit.

One thing I noticed with the frame hits is ,it all depends what you want to show on you auxiliary

Displays. Eg, if you want two external views of the aircraft with one virtual cockpit ,the fps hit will

be excessive, the views of the Aircraft take a lot of computing power,on the other hand three

windows open showing the radio stack ,virtual cockpit and an overhead panel ,would show a low

fps hit. It all depends on what you wish to display

The other way you can have a multiple external view is to look into the networking of computers

Check this out

http://www.wideview.it/

Randy

Thank you guys for the input. I will give it a try.

Regards

Hotas