Switzerland Pro error message

lennard78

Hello,

My newly acquired Switzerland Pro works excellent, but I keep getting the error message

"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery\CHPROX_apts_d\ SCENERY) in Area.219 not found. Click OK to continue."

The mentioned folder contains 3 AFX_dummy.bgl files. Does anyone know what could cause this message?

Also I find it a bit strange that the installer gives no option to install the big scenery on another drive other than the one on which FSX is installed. With the VFR Germany installer, this is catered for very well. I can imagine many people want to install such a big scenery as CHPRO onto a second harddisc also. Since the installer did not ask to which directory CHPRO should be installed, I fooled the installer by copying the FSX.exe to a new folder on a second (D-)drive, on which I keep my photosceneries. Perhaps this is the cause? Those scenery entries have all been notified manually to the scenery library of FSX, and otherwise seem to work perfect. I just hope to get rid of the annoying error message at FSX startup.

I am also using ZürichX by FS Dreamteam.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Lennard

EDIT: it is solved. It was caused by a double entry in the library, of which one had capital letters, the other not; one pointed to an empty folder, the other was correct. Deleting the empty folder solved the problem.

Hello Lennard,

Yes this problem is normally easy to resolve as its either a rogue entry in the scenery library or a folder was moved to a different location or deleted.

So the solution would be to edit the path if moved and deleted if removed or non-existant.