Scenery error Cologne-Bonn FSX

lennard78

Hello,

It seems impossible for me to install the Cologne-Bonn version in FSX (it does work for me in FS9). I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times, but I keep getting two messages which are the following:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (C:FSX\aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery\aerosoft\German Airports 2_LC\SCENERY) in scenery Area.207 not found. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (C:\FSX\aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery\aerosoft\German Airports\SCENERY) in scenery Area.210 not found. Click OK to continue.

It seems very strange to me that ""aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery" seems repeated in the second message. Obviously the airport does not show in FSX. Another strange thing is that after uninstalling, the German Airports 2 and German Airports 2_LC entries have not disappeared in the scenery library of FSX.

I would appreciate any help,

kind regards

Lennard

Hello,

It seems impossible for me to install the Cologne-Bonn version in FSX (it does work for me in FS9). I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times, but I keep getting two messages which are the following:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (C:FSX\aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery\aerosoft\German Airports 2_LC\SCENERY) in scenery Area.207 not found. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (C:\FSX\aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery\aerosoft\German Airports\SCENERY) in scenery Area.210 not found. Click OK to continue.

It seems very strange to me that ""aerosoft\German Airports 2\Scenery" seems repeated in the second message. Obviously the airport does not show in FSX. Another strange thing is that after uninstalling, the German Airports 2 and German Airports 2_LC entries have not disappeared in the scenery library of FSX.

I would appreciate any help,

kind regards

Lennard

.............And right after posting, I found the solution (yesterday after hours and hours looking for it at night, again proves not to help....better sleep good night and then you find the issue quickly....Seems true...). For some strange reason, these files in the library referred to some empty ordners placed in the Flight Simulator X Files directory...I corrected them by pointing the library to the correct location and now it works!

Lennard

• 4 months later...
Hello Lennard,

This is usually a common problem with an easy solution.

Its either pointing at the wrong path or the path no longer exists.

Solution either edit the path or delete the entry.

I am having an issue with EDDK FS9 where no matter what I do, the scenery won't install. It will show up in scenery library in FS but thats it. It will not add to the scenery.cfg file after several tries, when starting FS I get errors EDDK scenery not found in area 122, 123 etc. When I check, they are never there anyway. How to correct the path?

Thank you!

Hello newmanix,

Delete the entries that you have for EDDK in the scenery library.

Once thats done then add it manually, if its not showing actually check the folders to make sure that the files were installed.

Also when you installed it did it seem to install in a matter of seconds!

Hello newmanix,

Delete the entries that you have for EDDK in the scenery library.

Once thats done then add it manually, if its not showing actually check the folders to make sure that the files were installed.

Also when you installed it did it seem to install in a matter of seconds!

Hi Shaun,

It's weird, after install, there are NO EDDK files in the FS9 Aerosoft folder. There is no entry into the scenery.cfg folder. But the 3 files EDDK LC, AES lite etc. still appear into the scenery library. And yes, it seems to install pretty fast.

How to manually install the folders and add to the scenery.cfg?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Shaun,

It's weird, after install, there are NO EDDK files in the FS9 Aerosoft folder. There is no entry into the scenery.cfg folder. But the 3 files EDDK LC, AES lite etc. still appear into the scenery library. And yes, it seems to install pretty fast.

How to manually install the folders and add to the scenery.cfg?

Thank you for your help.

Tried to install again... fail

Hello newmanix,

Try the suggestion on this forum thread here please.

AH!!! I remember! I had this issue with the new Madera update last year!! Problem solved now! Thanks Shaun for the support :) :)