FSX + SP1

Peter B

Hi all

Due to bad graphics problems after I install FSX SP2 that I cannot solve yet, I'm having to run the F16 on FSX SP1.

I assume there are limitations but the only one I've found so far is no MFDs.

Also, although all the F16 variation aircraft have been installed in the 'Sim Objects / Aircraft folder, there are only 3 variations that appear in the FSX Aircraft selection when creating a flight. I assume I will have to do without the MFDs but would like to have all the Aircraft variations available.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks Peter

QUOTE (Peter B @ Jan 5 2009, 01:01 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

Due to bad graphics problems after I install FSX SP2 that I cannot solve yet, I'm having to run the F16 on FSX SP1.

I assume there are limitations but the only one I've found so far is no MFDs.

Also, although all the F16 variation aircraft have been installed in the 'Sim Objects / Aircraft folder, there are only 3 variations that appear in the FSX Aircraft selection when creating a flight. I assume I will have to do without the MFDs but would like to have all the Aircraft variations available.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks Peter

Too bad you can't run SP2, the MFDs are really a nice feature of this product. But it's flyable even without them. All variations should be available even with SP1, afaik. Have you checked the option "show all variations" in the select aircraft menu? When that's off you will only see 3 variation of the F-16.

Too bad you can't run SP2, the MFDs are really a nice feature of this product. But it's flyable even without them. All variations should be available even with SP1, afaik. Have you checked the option "show all variations" in the select aircraft menu? When that's off you will only see 3 variation of the F-16.

Thanks for the reply VinFlyer.

The option "show all variations" box is checked and it shows 3 F16s - USAF Areial Demo, RNLAF and BAF . If I uncheck the "show all variations" box it then shows 2 F16s - as before minus the BAF.

In the SimObjects/Airplanes folder there are 23 Aerosoft F16 folders. Looking at the Aircraft CFG file in those 23 folders, I should have 61 variations ( I think !).

I have the boxed DVD F-16 and during installation, a popup box tells me to abort the installation because I don't have FSX-SP2 or Acceleration but I carry on and complete the install. Perhaps my lack of aircraft variations is another limitation with SP1 only ?!

I'm still looking at other Flight Sim forums, trying to solve the graphic problems I have when I run FSX with SP2/Acceleration. If I revert back to SP1, all graphics are ok again ???

In the mean time I will have to run with SP1 and get all I can out of this great F16 product.

Thanks, Peter