No Roof on Commercial Buildings

Herman

• Deputy Sheriffs

In industrial areas of FSX German scenery, one and two story buildings appear to not have a roof. Residential and other buildings appear normal. I have VFR Germany 1 & 2, some German airports and all four German Airfields installed. Similar buildings in England and the US (Seattle) do not have this appearance. What can I do to fix this?

For comparison, the screen shots are along the Elbe at Hamburg, London and Seattle.

Hamburg

London

Seattle

Hello Herman,

Can you do the following please.

Can you tell us the full product name and also attach a saved flight using a default aircraft to the post where you see the issue so we can check it on our systems.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the response, Shaun. Attached are what should be the three saved files you requested in one .zip file. The flight is in the default Bell 206 over the Hamburg harbor area at 1000' and around 60 knots.

The software is VFR Germany 2, German Airfields 2 and German Landmarks, all with the latest patches. O/S is Vista Ultimate 64, although I had this issue with the 32 bit version as well. Please advise if more info is needed.

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks, Shaun. I appreciate your work on this.

Is it the pictures that take download time or the saved flight? I don't know how to do the reduced size pictures I see others use.

Regards,

Hello Herman,

That's how it looks like on all systems and unfortunately there isn't anything what can be done about it by us.

Those buildings come from the default library of FSX we have to use for placing commercial buildings - if we don't want to create thousands of them as single objects by hand - what is just impossible for a big scenery like VFR Germany. You will see them in some other parts of the FSX world, too.

Bests,

Sascha

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was afraid that was the cause. Perhaps the Seattle buildings happened to call for a different set.

Ah well, you guys still have the best scenery out there product for product.