Aerosoft advises to delete 2008 and download 2009

Has anyone heard when the first 2009 SP will be coming out?

The Devs said something about January 5th and another one on January 6th but I bet they will both be delayed for some reason or another. :huh::P

P.S. I read somewhere that Microsoft may go ahead and release 2010 early due to the poor response to 2009! :blink::unsure:

I'd like to get on the beta team for '10 and on- so that I could try before buying, you see.

I got the BSOD when I first installed 2008, and had to spend nearly until the release of 2009 on the phone with the Dell people...

• Aerosoft
While some software designed for 2008 (months and days) are compatible with 2009, I'm led to believe that 2009 SP1, while still being backwards compatible, may render parts of the software unstable (minutes and seconds) and hence liable to crashes.

As far as I know SP1 only solves a pending problem end of February. Something about adding a day...

I downloaded the 2009 trial and it seems good. I'm going to get the full version and get 2008 removed from my hard drive. Wish me luck! ;)

EDIT: Awwww!! I'm getting the Blue Screen of Death! :( Any ideas, guys?? Maybe I should try reformatting and making a fresh install of 2009. Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted. ;) I hope SP1 will come out soon and hopefully will also fix some compatibility issues! :rolleyes:

I tried explaining to She Who Must Be Obeyed that I'd decided to stay with 2008 and that I wouldn't bother with 2009 so she could forget about birthday presents, special treats, anniversary gifts and parties.

I got RAMmed in the hard drives, now have no fans and think she's dislodged my motherboard... :o

I'm telling ya, this upgrade thing could be trouble! :unsure:

Is 2009 64bit also available? :rolleyes:

I heard bad things about 2009, I think I'll skip it and install 2010 beta 1 right away. Looks much like 2009 but runs much better, even though it's still in beta :lol:

• Aerosoft
Is 2009 64bit also available? :rolleyes:

I heard bad things about 2009, I think I'll skip it and install 2010 beta 1 right away. Looks much like 2009 but runs much better, even though it's still in beta :lol:

Rumor has it that a alpha of 2010 is making the rounds on the p2p networks right now.

As usual, it seems in order to install the latest version of 2009, I must first upgrade.

And Lord, I could personally use the following upgrades for myself, specifically:

Faster CPU

More Memory

Larger storage for new passwords, user accounts, telephone numbers, etc

Faster I/O

Unfortunately, a current assesment of my existing hardware seems that upgrades are not possible - I will need an entirely new platform and this pleases my wife to no end - she has been looking to trade me in on something newer and faster for a long time!

(is it possible to just delete 2008 and install something that is known to work better, say 2003?)

I'm trying to get "Bank Holidays 2009" to run in 2005 without success. I demand a patch or myself and all my "2005" buddies will boycott all your future software!