Aerosoft advises to delete 2008 and download 2009

• Aerosoft

After serious consideration we decided to advise all our users to remove the year 2008 from their systems. It is buggy and outdated. The new 2009 is not fully debugged (it started really slow this morning) but it is better.

We wish you all the best for 2009. Stay healthy, stay safe and above all remember that we sell simulations games and that real life, your family, the kids on Ethiopia we support are real. They need you, we just like to sell some stuff to you. There is a difference.

Many thanks Mathijs Kok, I look forward to Aerosoft's releases during 2009, perhaps a CH47 F would be nice, with the glass cockpit. and some nice 30cm per pixel photoreal scenery to fly it around in.

Took your advice and got rid of 2008. Downloaded and installed the newer 2009. Right away got a W32 Worm. Not happy and am looking for a refund!

You keep providing the entertaining products and we'll keep coming back Mathijs.

After serious consideration we decided to advise all our users to remove the year 2008 from their systems. It is buggy and outdated. The new 2009 is not fully debugged (it started really slow this morning) but it is better.

We wish you all the best for 2009. Stay healthy, stay safe and above all remember that we sell simulations games and that real life, your family, the kids on Ethiopia we support are real. They need you, we just like to sell some stuff to you. There is a difference.

Mathijs

Please excse my ignorance but remove 2008 what?

Gerry

Sorry guys I aint usually this slow but this has got me, remove year 2008 from system :unsure:

Afte 365 days, "2008" has expired. Replace it, it's no good anymore ... ;)

I manually un-installed 2008, but it's left traces in my registry and folders that I just can't get delete. Also, annoyingly, it's left an entry in my windows un-install menu that I can't remove!

I manually un-installed 2008, but it's left traces in my registry and folders that I just can't get delete. Also, annoyingly, it's left an entry in my windows un-install menu that I can't remove!

Nick,

I had the same problem but a little whiteout on the screen cleared it up! :rolleyes:

I may try that Cris, thanks for the tip.

I did try to install 2008 again in the vain hope that I may be able to run the correct un-installer to remove the year completely. Sadly though the disc was scratched, meaning that I'm now left with remnants of 2008 for the foreseeable future!

I find that 2009 runs too slowly on my system and has pronounced stutters. It also crashes when I try to start it so I'm gonna have to stay with 2008 for now. Hope the devs will continue to produce addons for it. :rolleyes:

Doug

Well i deleted 2008, left 2009 wrapped in the box, and waiting on 2010 it may probably be a better vintage. And just maybe i will have a pc that might be able to run it by then.

Enjoy

Personally, I think the devs released it waaay too early... at the moment 2009 is bug-ridden (sniff, coff, splutter) and is starting much slower than I seem to remember 2008 doing.

However, the devs have committed to monthly updates, so perhaps we should hold off until the February update. :D

I was disappointed to see that 2009 is backwards compatible with 2008; I was hoping for a completely new platform with the annoying advertising, marketing and excessive capitalism removed from the program. ;)

Personally, I think the devs released it waaay too early... at the moment 2009 is bug-ridden (sniff, coff, splutter) and is starting much slower than I seem to remember 2008 doing.

However, the devs have committed to monthly updates, so perhaps we should hold off until the February update. :D

While some software designed for 2008 (months and days) are compatible with 2009, I'm led to believe that 2009 SP1, while still being backwards compatible, may render parts of the software unstable (minutes and seconds) and hence liable to crashes.