Heathrow and Frankfurt AFCAD (FSX)

craig_read

Hi everyone,

I am pretty sure this is an AFCAD issue, I have installed mytraffic and I think it's overwritten some AFCADs somewhere in my FSX install of EGLL and EDDF. As a result whenever I load up at a gate, the aircraft is always out of position on the stand. Sometimes actually within buildings. I've tried re-installing, no luck, is it possible to restore the AFCAD files somehow for these fields? I can't find the AFCAD files anywhere, and there didn't seem to be available on the website as support files. Currently I think I am using V1.0 for EGLL. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Hello Craig,

The EDDF AFCAD should be in the following path.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Afd\Scenery folder.

The EGLL is as follows.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow\scenery folder.

Please check to see if the AFCADS still exist.

You may want to try to see if MyTraffic does install its own AFD files and then disable the appropriate ones by changing there extensions from .bgl to .bgx

Hello Craig,

The EDDF AFCAD should be in the following path.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Afd\Scenery folder.

The EGLL is as follows.

*:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow\scenery folder.

Please check to see if the AFCADS still exist.

You may want to try to see if MyTraffic does install its own AFD files and then disable the appropriate ones by changing there extensions from .bgl to .bgx

Thanks for your help Shaun :)... I've not managed to locate the AFCAD files in either directories.. But I'm not sure of the file names? Could you tell me what they should be named then I can check if they do or don't exist. But on saying that nothing is leaping out at me for either EGLL of EDDF, it all looks like scenery bgls etc, rather than an AFCAD file. I've tried re-installing hoping it would restores the AFCAD files but no luck.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig, the files you need to rename will be somewhere in the Mytraffic folder and will be called BR2-EGLL.BGL and BR2-EDDF.BGL just rename the BGL extension to BGX

Hi Craig, the files you need to rename will be somewhere in the Mytraffic folder and will be called BR2-EGLL.BGL and BR2-EDDF.BGL just rename the BGL extension to BGX

Worked like a charm.. thanks Stewart.. I'll remember that for next time :)

Cheers

Craig

• 1 year later...

QUOTE (Stewart @ Jan 2 2009, 20:51 ) Hi Craig, the files you need to rename will be somewhere in the Mytraffic folder and will be called BR2-EGLL.BGL and BR2-EDDF.BGL just rename the BGL extension to BGX

Worked like a charm.. thanks Stewart.. I'll remember that for next time smile.gif

Cheers

Craig

i have my traffic for fs9 can someone please tell me where all this afd files are located

regards

seychelle

Hello seychelle,

Open the scenery library, find the entry for MyTraffic and then select it and then press the "Edit" button.

This will them tell you the location of the files. They will be in the scenery folder of the path it showed.

Hello seychelle,

Open the scenery library, find the entry for MyTraffic and then select it and then press the "Edit" button.

This will them tell you the location of the files. They will be in the scenery folder of the path it showed.

ok thatnks alot,sorry to be such a pain.ill give it a shot.scenery library in fs9

regards

seychelles