January Screenshot Competition.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea and we can pretend it's in far south where there is light during night in winter season (actually summer for them)

Fine with me. Was trying to help, not be a bummer at all. If he/she can put up a shot that good, surely they can do one as good that falls in the contest guidelines.

Fine with me. Was trying to help, not be a bummer at all. If he/she can put up a shot that good, surely they can do one as good that falls in the contest guidelines.

well, if you read this months theme carefully it says "An approach late at night", so I don't think your shot qualifies too (but thats for people from aerosoft to decide), it more looks like early evening than late night, even dough you all ready changed your original post, which i think is not allowed also. As for this guy (Wouter14), he didn't just get wrong time of the day he also just departed from an airport.

well, if you read this months theme carefully it says "An approach late at night", so I don't think your shot qualifies too (but thats for people from aerosoft to decide), it more looks like early evening than late night, even dough you all ready changed your original post, which i think is not allowed also. As for this guy (Wouter14), he didn't just get wrong time of the day he also just departed from an airport.

I checked all the rules on the main screen-shot contest page before I changed my shot. Furthermore, it states that your shot can get removed if it does not comply and that you can repost a shot that does comply.

Again, Im not at all trying to be a bummer! I love the shots here and that alone is enough for me to keep coming back to look.

well my first attempt :) It's a different approach, but it's an approach: breaking hard to base :)

Eric "Sammy"

Are you using some add-on for the sky to look that way? Thanks!

Hello Folks,

You can only re-enter if your screenshot has been deleted/removed by us. It does state this in the Announcement.

If you find your entry has been removed then the chances are you have contravened

one of the above and will have to re-enter.

Folks if we start getting picky on rules there would just be to many, lets keep it plane (Pun intended) and simple and fun.

Are you using some add-on for the sky to look that way? Thanks!

Yes, I use FEX (Flight Enhancement X) for the skies and clouds, GEX (Ground Environment X) +UTX-USA (Ultimate Terrain X USA) for the landclasses/scenery enhancements.

First time I flew with all these "on", I just sat there for an hour amazed with the beauty of it :)

Eric

I don't think many are edited.

Me neither. I just spend alot of time setting the shot up - view, angle, location, etc. I use DBS Walk-and-follow once I fly into position, pause the sim - and sometimes use slew to place the plane exactly where I want it.

Awesome entries!!! I mean WOW!! I wasn't going to enter but you guys motivated the heck outta me!!

SO, After a wonderful clear day of island hoping, here is my Carenado Cessna || RG R182 on very short final to St. Barthelemy one fine January just before Sunset!

EDIT: Thanks Avalon!! BTW Everybody, pretend it's late at night!!

Cessna.jpg

Cessna.bmp

Awesome entries!!! I mean WOW!! I wasn't going to enter but you guys motivated the heck outta me!!

SO, After a wonderful clear day of island hoping, here is my Carenado Cessna || RG R182 on very short final to St. Barthelemy one fine January just before Sunset!

EDIT: Sorry you guys have to download it! Can some one tell me how to post the pic so it is big on the screen? That would be nice ;)

Sign up for a free photobucket account, upload the shot and then copy/paste the bottom option (of 4 I believe), directly into your post here. The 4 options are in boxed-in fields, just underneath your uploaded photo as it shows up in your "albums".

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

The winners for the January "Starlight Approach" Competition are.

hero93

hero93.jpg

djolesar

LFMN.jpg

An e-mail will be on its way to you soon to explain how to claim your prize.

Well done guys, and thank you to all those that entered.

There were lots of good entries in January.

If I had my way I would have presented a 3rd 4th and 5th place too.