dorcami

hi!

first, my species:

intel q9550 (2.83X4)

hd 4850 512mb

4gb 800

playing on vista 64, 1280X1024

I have two questions-

1. when i check the Anti-aliasing in fsx's preferences, i think that it is too much anti aliasing. I saw great smooth but still sharp pics of fsx, and when i use the anti aliasing, it becomes too smooth... how can i control it? by the way- i tried to play with my graphics card preferences and it seems that there was no change at all...

2. why do i get 10 fps with the f-16 falcon, or the 747 of pmdg, and with my pc species...?! i expected to like 20+

thanks!

• Aerosoft

1) not sure how things can be too smooth in AA, but generally you are better of not letting FSX control it.

2) how much frames you get is simply a matter of how much you push the GPU. For the very complex shape of the F-16 deactivating aircraft self shadowing makes a lot of difference, your GPU is just not capable of handling the task you ask of it if you get very low FPS (keep in mind that FS2004 simply ignored self shadowing). It is also know that the 4850 is not very good with clouds and making them complex lowers FPS a lot.

My demo machine has half the CPU that you got, a 8800 GTS graphics card and I can keep the F-16 at 20 fps in nearly any location. See the image I attach. You'll agree the location is rather complex and good looking and that it has 37 fps average. Adapt the settings to what you need. Don't slide the sliders right and expect your hardware to catch up.

post-43-1230577972_thumb.jpg