Schiphol EHAM for FSX?:-)

lennard78

It is being worked on but we got serious problems getting access to the airport.

Sorry to hear this. I guess this is the downside of creating the feeling for passengers that flying is still safe (security)....I live 30 min away from Schiphol but unfortunately I do not know anyone from there, so I'm afraid I cannot help here either...

Lennard

• Aerosoft
:( yes we have the same problem here in Denmark with EKCH (Copenhagen) Damn it....

Well our problems are solved...

I can confirm that Amsterdam Schiphol, Rotterdam Airport and Lelystad Airport are on our production list for 2009. All high end FSX stuff, possibly with a FS2004 version of Schiphol, but we still got to see if that makes commercially any sense seeing it means a lot of extra work.

• Aerosoft
What ever happened to LAGO? They had a fantastic EHAM that was for FS2000 and then they updated it for FS2002.

James

LAGO is more or less out of business. They still got a site and they still sell old software, but there is no support, no person working at it anymore. A disgrace that they still sell stuff they don't support, illegal actually. Don't want to toot my own horn, but after I left the company went downhill in a matter of months.

I can confirm that Amsterdam Schiphol, Rotterdam Airport and Lelystad Airport are on our production list for 2009. All high end FSX stuff, possibly with a FS2004 version of Schiphol, but we still got to see if that makes commercially any sense seeing it means a lot of extra work.

:D:D:D

Great to hear Mathijs! A dream comes true!

I really hope that Schiphol for FS2004 will happen. I promise you I'll be the first to buy! :lol:

If it happens, no chance to also see Rotterdam and Lelystad for FS2004?

Since I work on Schiphol (Maintenance area on Schiphol East, but have legit access to airside), I'd like to offer my assistance. If you think I might be of help, please PM me and let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do to help.

Best regards,

Frank

I would buy an FS9 Schipol from you - as I've purchased EGLL, EDDF, LFPG for FS9 from you. Dunno if just me justifies the work though :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats great, But how are they gonna solve the runway problem caus EHAM has a complex runway system and afcad can only close the whole runway for take-off and landings instead of 24take-off no landings and 06 no take-offs and only landings. same goes for the ''Polderbaan'' 36L-18R .

I hope Aerosoft has a good solution for that.

Cheers

• Aerosoft
Thats great, But how are they gonna solve the runway problem caus EHAM has a complex runway system and afcad can only close the whole runway for take-off and landings instead of 24take-off no landings and 06 no take-offs and only landings. same goes for the ''Polderbaan'' 36L-18R .

I hope Aerosoft has a good solution for that.

Cheers

I know about that.. let me tell you a story, it's real but I can't mention any name or airlines. They spoke Italian though and it was a very nice twin engined aircraft that we did rather well.

Years ago I was working on an aircraft add-on and I was lucky enough to get a cockpit jump seat for a day flying from Amsterdam to Milan twice. All before 9-11 and things were a lot easier. The cockpit was staffed by a very senior captain who was very ######ed off about me in the cockpit, a co pilot that was about 14 years old and me (say 24 years). The captain made it clear that neither me or the co were to say anything or to touch anything. Or at least both of us understood that from the grunts. So I sat with my arms folded and the co was bored stiff and was thinking about his girlfriend (I did meet her later, I can understand him).

Alita... oops.. was at the most lousy gates at Schiphol at that time because the coorporation between xxx and KLM just failed. A friend on mine commented on that later with a classic comment: "Amazing we landed in Brussels and had to walk the rest of the way to Amsterdam" I degress... So at 07:44 we departed the gate and taxied to the runway. Now I know the taxiway layout well enough to see that the captain was taking a wrong turn. The co also noted as he had the taxi layout on his lap. I just made a small 'ahum' but the co actually started to speak. Bad mistake as one look of the captain shut him up very good. Co pilot looked left and right to see if we would not be smashed by something and sat back thinking about his girlfriend.

Seconds later, and as I was plugged in the coms I heard it, Schiphol Ground send this: " Ali... (oops) 554, stop do not cross any runway, taxiway or anything, stop immediately. Confirm!". Three minutes later a follow me van was in front of us and we followed him to the runway. In allo the many hours after that I think not more than 22 words were spoke in the cockpit. The kid and I did not dare to say one word and the captain did all on his own. Checklist, flying, radio the lot. In his defence I got to say that he did one manual ILS landing on Malpensa with serious crosswind and a 500 feet ceiling that was stunning. When he got out of the clouds he only hardly moved the controls, he was on rails.

So yes Schiphol is VERY complex (not many airports with 6 runways) and I don't think FSX can handle it completey. But we sure will give it a try, ok?

• Aerosoft
I will also buy the FS9 Schiphol!! You guys can count on me through out 09 to buy FS9 products!

I am not sure if this one will be for FS2004. That market is very limited at this moment and there is already a nice Schiphol from C9 at this moment. I know it is outdated a bit but we need a few thousand FS2004 customers to make it worthwhile. I am just not sure those customers are around at this moment. For sure Rotterdam and Lelystad will be FSX only as for these smaller airports we need a larger customer base.

I am not sure if this one will be for FS2004. That market is very limited at this moment and there is already a nice Schiphol from C9 at this moment. I know it is outdated a bit but we need a few thousand FS2004 customers to make it worthwhile. I am just not sure those customers are around at this moment. For sure Rotterdam and Lelystad will be FSX only as for these smaller airports we need a larger customer base.

I understand... sigh... :(;)

Thanks for sharing your story.

I remember once I was jumpseating (before 9/11) on an Uncle Fed.. A300F. We were approaching CDG. The captain insisted on doing everything. On short final the co-pilot and I exchanges glances at eachother as the captain put the gear gown wayyyy too late and we were too high we were instructed to go around but he insisted he was fine when the controler shouted GO AROUND!!... He retired 2 weeks later.

Maybe we should start a poll about who also wants the new MA EHAM for FS2004?

Jon

Maybe we should start a poll about who also wants the new MA EHAM for FS2004?

Jon

Even if the poll results showed that more than half would like the FS9 version, according to Mathijs, the Aerosoft sales reports show more FSX sales over FS9 thus they are trying to phase out FS9.

I own C9 EHAM, but you can count me in for 2 FS9 Copies (one for each Computer), if you make it for FS9.

Jonathan