AN/APG-68 Radar

Horten229

Gents/Ladies,

Fred just got some source materials for a HSI used in F-16's (made by Lockheed-Martin here in the U.S.); I should be getting spec.'s from the manufacturer's shortly. I wanted to know, for all those who voted for the 1000 Series EHSI, would you like to see it in the authentic F-16 version? Here are a few pics which include all the features already mentioned (e.g. Color CDI, WX, etc.) plus TCAS. And, as always, vote to let us know.

Authentic F-16 EHSI with Color CDI needles, MAP/Wx, & TCAS.

post-13668-1242235609_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1242235680_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Where are the files in this forum gone? I screwed up and formatted the wrong hard drive from my Mac, and I've lost all the files I downloaded.

I'm using a totally stock F-16 at the moment, and I miss the left MFD as an HSI with functioning ILS. I also miss not being able to choose my own target, I have scroll through all the planes until I find what I want. Help me out here guys, please?

Can't believe I screwed up so bad lol.

Hi James,

I noticed the thread, but I still couldn't find any "Files" to download. I've just had another look and I still can't find any files. Lots of pictures, which look good, and information about how far along you are, but no links that I can see, to get the files.

I've been in touch with Mr Horten, and he is going to try and help when he's able. I just thought the files would be here somewhere, that's all.

Have a great day James. Catch you soon.

Tony

Can we have the same in F-16's checks and Avionics in feature patch

Thank you for posting this; I wasn't aware that IRIS was making an F-16D. I'll have to send David an email to get some more info.

Also, there are already some YouTube Video's that show the startup proceedures for Aerosoft's F-16 so I don't think I'll be making another. But I might make one later to show-off the functionality of all the new AN/APG-68 systems.

• Upvote 1

Can we have the same in F-16's checks and Avionics in feature patch

Oh man first time I have seen this...Aerosoft is going to have some competition with this. They are also using authentic sounds for the F-16 which is real nice...I like the functionality of the cockpit to. Cant wait to see the real deal. Although the AS seems more visually appealing, I like the PRO aspects of the IRIS plane...

I watched the three videos I could find on the IRIS F-16D (here is a vlog in addition to the two posted, don't know if it's been posted already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbt9-Xqgn4&NR=1) and it didn't look like the quality was on par with the AS F-16. Then again, Brice said that was not their #1 goal.

I like the idea that it's an F-16D though, which means that I won't have to choose between one or the other to fly all the time. I know where to turn for an awesome C model, and hopefully the same is true for this coming D model.

The F-16 is by far my favorite fighter though, and for the longest time it was only available by LAGO, which had its own shortcomings, and the USVIPER pack by Kick Olsson. Now there will soon be two high-quality renditions for FSX...oh boy :D

But on the topic of...well this topic hehe... I think this radar modification will definitely help the AS F-16 stay competitive with the IRIS. I have no doubt that it will beats the pants off the IRIS in terms of appearance, but with all the effort IRIS is putting into making realistic systems, it couldn't be a better time for a system addon for the AS :). Can't wait for the release.

• 4 weeks later...

where can i download this AN/APG-68 Radar. i really ,really, want it ??????

i have the sound from iris modell, that is a really good soundpack, so for the realism i want this better radar! AS F-16 is one of the best add ons for FSX it rules!!!!!

i have the sound from iris modell, that is a really good soundpack, so for the realism i want this better radar! AS F-16 is one of the best add ons for FSX it rules!!!!!

Mr. icewolf,

It is a WIP Here: U.E.P.

• Upvote 1

Hi icewolf, could you download ANPAG_68.CAB.zip ?

For install read Horten229 post #1 carefully. Install is a little complex, however here it is running wonderfully.

Hi icewolf, could you download ANPAG_68.CAB.zip ?

For install read Horten229 post #1 carefully. Install is a little complex, however here it is running wonderfully.

Gents,

Actually, the BETA v0.08 that was posted earlier (before by Fred) have several errors in code function(s) and lacked a few features. Neither, Fred or I, could give user support for it; especially, while were we trying to test/fix/re-develop new things into it. So, you will have to wait a little longer for the v1.0 release but, you won't be dissapointed. ;)

And, YES, it is FREEWARE and will be posted freely for users to get. :)

• Upvote 2

Gents,

Actually, the BETA v0.08 that was posted earlier (before by Fred) have several errors in code function(s) and lacked a few features. Neither, Fred or I, could give user support for it; especially, while were we trying to test/fix/re-develop new things into it. So, you will have to wait a little longer for the v1.0 release but, you won't be dissapointed. wink.gif

And, YES, it is FREEWARE and will be posted freely for users to get. smile.gif

OK =) then i guess i have to wait for the 1.0 version, cuz no i could not downloaded ANPAG_68.CAB.zip , when i click on it it only says that the site doesn´t exist!!!!!

so i'll have to be a bit patient for the 1.0 release, thanks for the info

• 2 months later...

Gents,

Actually, the BETA v0.08 that was posted earlier (before by Fred) have several errors in code function(s) and lacked a few features. Neither, Fred or I, could give user support for it; especially, while were we trying to test/fix/re-develop new things into it. So, you will have to wait a little longer for the v1.0 release but, you won't be dissapointed. ;)

And, YES, it is FREEWARE and will be posted freely for users to get. :)

Hello any update for the ver 1 , please update the users in order to have an idea where the project is ... please post some screenshots also!! The update is good for everyone i think and keep walking with very nice try to have a realistic APG68 and MFD !!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...