AN/APG-68 Radar

Horten229

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

I knew there was a (wise) reason I didn't begin implementing everything just yet. I've already been thinking about all of these features and wished you'd implement them completely. Now that you're "almost" done, I just need to start a test bed for all these modifications. With your permission, I'd like to do the following:-

1. Combine all features in a seperate but wholly compatible gauge file (.cab); apart from the default LMFD.xml (LMFD.Cab) file.

2. Add FS Keyboard commands/Axis to each function combination for the users [NON reserved keys].

3. Add FSUIPC or Foxy 4.0 Key mapping implementations for multi-mode HOTAS features (ie. same key can cause 3 or more function to trigger depending on what Mode the Radar is in A-G/A-A/NAV, etc.).

4. Document everything (with pictures) in a PDF and create an Installation (.Zip) file; so that all users can easily install it repeatedly as updates are done (1.2 ... 1.5) to the aircraft's gauges.

5. Test it completely for FSX + SP2 / Acceleration.

That's what I had in mind from the beginning when you started producing all these outstanding HOTAS and Radar features.

I'll post them shortly after I get a working model.

This is Really Awesome; Thanks again! ;)

I tried experimenting with # (separate gauge file), as it seemed like it would be easy, but I couldn't get it to work.

Separating out all of the new logic seems to result in asychronous with the remaining MFD pages and causes (random?) overlays when you swap pages. I even tried adding code to clear the page and update synchronization logic (which seems like it should work, but then windows updates tend to be done as asychronous threads which explicit synchronization doesn't address). Nothing worked and overlays still occured. I might play with it some more later. It would be nice to package this as a separate file. Feel free to try other methods.

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

I tried experimenting with # (separate gauge file), as it seemed like it would be easy, but I couldn't get it to work.

Separating out all of the new logic seems to result in asychronous with the remaining MFD pages and causes (random?) overlays when you swap pages. I even tried adding code to clear the page and update synchronization logic (which seems like it should work, but then windows updates tend to be done as asychronous threads which explicit synchronization doesn't address). Nothing worked and overlays still occured. I might play with it some more later. It would be nice to package this as a separate file. Feel free to try other methods.

I understand; we may have to do a merger of the code within the existing file(s) and put that out instead. :( But it makes it hard to keep it updated if Aerosoft's Gauge developers finally get around to fixing the faulty Navigational MFD's pages; So we'll have to test that with the next versions as well. This is purely for us (and other NON-Technical Users) who will need to re-install it with each update Aerosoft makes to the gauges. Hopefully this update to the faulty MFD's will be soon. :rolleyes:

On the tasks you suggest:

Easier said than done. ....

Aren't we there? Separate keys does not look possible as FSX has assigned most of the keyboard keys to something. But suggested substitutions for Key Events are welcome.

Not quite! Let me explain... You've associated function calls/methods with an FSX event (which works beautifully, I'd like to add). The keyboard shortcut keys add user variability and more options with regards to Joystick (digital) inputs for Foxy 4.0 and FSUIPC which can enable added functionality that is user configurable. Although, FSX has many of the shortcut key reserved, there are many (I have found) that are not in use and this opens the possibility for added usage. That is what I've already begun to do and test along with your realistic (and awesome) Radar. It will be more apparent in the documentation later.

Sounds like a good idea especially as we get into the complexities of Air-to-Ground. However, I have found this raises an issue. At least on my HOTAS Cougar, putting the stick into the mode that allows this programming takes it out of DirectX interface mode which means all bets are off in mapping FSX Key Events to the stick (or at least I don't know how to do it.)

That is what I discovered too which is why I wanted to further add to your work within FSX's Keyboard assignments which will resolve some of these DX10 Limitations with Foxy and the added use of FSUIPC.

"All things come to he who waits - except documentation!"

Testing is a good thing! This code shouldn't care about FSX, SP1, SP2/Accelleration. It's pure gauge XML! FYI, I'm running the SP2/Accelleration config.

So have fun and thanks for the help. I've got to go on some business trips but I'll be watching (and hopefully flying again on the weekend).

I'm working on this and thank you for all your hard work and system spec.'s. I hope to fully test this on Friday (my day off) and I'll keep you posted. ;)

Later! :)

• Upvote 1

I just updated the Radar and Events files to implement an attaching target cursor. Now, when you move the target cursor near a target, it will snap to it and follow it (as long as its visible). If you want to move to a different target, just move the cursor. It will attach to a target about 1/2 second after you stop moving it.

Horten

Another question if I may: I've been reading back through the original thread and this thread again in the hope of finding a method of HOTAS control of the radar range function (which was in your early modifications to the MFD). Am I right in understanding that I can apply the Display Management changes you have set out towards the end of that original thread as well as the changes in this thread? If so, should I be downloading a .cab file as I got a winzip file containing a readme and a .xml file?

Thanks,

Timc

Horten

Another question if I may: I've been reading back through the original thread and this thread again in the hope of finding a method of HOTAS control of the radar range function (which was in your early modifications to the MFD). Am I right in understanding that I can apply the Display Management changes you have set out towards the end of that original thread as well as the changes in this thread? If so, should I be downloading a .cab file as I got a winzip file containing a readme and a .xml file?

Thanks,

Timc

Mr. Timc,

NO! The .cab file I placed is from the original Target and display management system .xml code of his, which I fixed a couple of minor bugs and put together in ONE .Cab file, was for use specifically by him (for him to update). You can use it seperately, if you want, but Fred "Horton229" has made significant changes which makes that obsolete. We are working together to try to combine everything in a set of .cab(s) but for now just use his .xml instructions and REPLACE all the things from before. (This was a work in progress) ;)

I'm sure Fred has more to add ... :)

• Upvote 1

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

• The Step Bug switch (CABIN_NO_SMOKING_ALERT_SWITCH_TOGGLE) cannot be implemented to detect a >1 second hold to transition from RWS to TWS. Instead, the mode switch is done with a double click (<.4 seconds).

I got this to work with no issues and just on the single click.

2. However, I do need you to change the axis for the ENG1 Prop to Eng 3 Prop and the Eng 2 Prop to Eng 4 Prop instead (and mixtures as well). Can you do this? This is so there is NO conflict in FSX with using the TQS for Throttle (All Engines) instead of your suggested setting it to Engine 1 Throttle. This will make it easier for all users (One less thing to worry about) and they don't have to change it again if they want to jump into (e.g.) the Acceleration F/A-18.

3. I've also made several breakthroughs with the Faulty MFD's I'll post a pic shortly. Some bugs are still to be worked out but here is a preview of what I got working. I'm putting a package together with all my files and your setups (with my modifications) for all users (including the staff) to include in the next major update (that is if they'll take it <_< ). ;)

post-13668-1231572979_thumb.jpg

PS: The work you've done here is out standing! B) Thank you very very much :D

Here are some pic.'s to show you all the fun I'm having with the updated 1.2 and all your and my work! :lol:

post-13668-1231577577_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1231577362_thumb.jpg

post-13668-1231577381_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1231577394_thumb.jpg

post-13668-1231577412_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1231577432_thumb.jpg

post-13668-1231577447_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mr. Fred "Horton229" / Gents,

I know that everyone is probably dying to be able to do this real easily so I put together a quick .cab for everyone.

post-13668-1231581194_thumb.jpg

THIS PACKAGE FIXES THE FAULTY MFD's PAGES of v1.2 (and earlier versions) and ADDS Fred "Horton229" Highland's Awesome realistic AN/APG-68 Radar to this already Awesome bird.

e.g.

post-13668-1231581766_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1231582010_thumb.jpg

Here is how to install it:-

YOU MUST INSTALL F-16 X v1.11 or v1.20 BEFORE INSTALLING THIS

1. BACKUP your original MFD.CAB.

2. Extract and Copy the NEW MFD.cab file from the MFD.zip DOWNLOAD HERE: MFD.zip file to the following folders ...

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16A 9\Panel

and

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Panel

3. Edit the two Panel.cfg files (using NOTEPAD), in each of the above folders, and insert the following line and then save them.

// Event Driven Target Management

gauge14=MFD!DispMgmtJFC, 0,0,1,1

4. Edit the Aircraft.cfg using NOTEPAD and add the following lines

Look for :-

[CONTACT_POINTS]

a. MAKE Sure you add ' // ' to the existing " point.7= " statement first and then insert this into as the last statement.

// Code by Fred "Horton229" - Fuel Door Button Open-Close

point.7= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 9,9999, 9999

b. Insert this line ONLY if you want to assign an AXIS for the RDR Antenna using your HOTAS / Saitek. (Read the First post of this thread if your not sure).

[GENERALENGINEDATA]

// AN/APG-68 - define second engine for additional axis definitions - Code by Fred "Horton229"

Engine.1 = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000

c. You will have to do steps a. and b. for each and every Aircraft.cfg in "Aerosoft F-16****" Folders to use these features in every aircraft model.

If you are having trouble figuring out how to use it in FSX, please read the First post of this thread for additional AXIS and Key Assignments. I hope to have a full PDF manual finished as soon as I can but, I knew that many of you can't wait for that. :lol::lol::lol:

That is it - Now go fly, play with it a little and....

Enjoy! :D

• Upvote 1

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

I got this to work with no issues and just on the single click.

I'm not sure I was clear with my comment. Single movement of TMS-right steps the bug across previously selected (bugged) targets. Holding TMS-right for >1 second (double clicking) switches the FCR to TWS mode and back to RWS.

2. However, I do need you to change the axis for the ENG1 Prop to Eng 3 Prop and the Eng 2 Prop to Eng 4 Prop instead (and mixtures as well). Can you do this? This is so there is NO conflict in FSX with using the TQS for Throttle (All Engines) instead of your suggested setting it to Engine 1 Throttle. This will make it easier for all users (One less thing to worry about) and they don't have to change it again if they want to jump into (e.g.) the Acceleration F/A-18.

Good point. I worry about transition to other planes but not too much because there are just too many constraints. But I like the idea of using Engine 3 and 4 since there aren't any 3 and 4 engine fighters (or at least their shouldn't be!). It will have one drawback, you will have to define two engines (you might have to define 3 in the F-16 - I'm not sure if they have to be sequential). I'll figure it out.

3. I've also made several breakthroughs with the Faulty MFD's I'll post a pic shortly. Some bugs are still to be worked out but here is a preview of what I got working. I'm putting a package together with all my files and your setups (with my modifications) for all users (including the staff) to include in the next major update (that is if they'll take it <_< ). ;)

What was faulty? I vaguely remember a post on the topic but not the details. (I guess it didn't bother me that much.)

PS: The work you've done here is out standing! B) Thank you very very much :D

Thanks for the support. In reality, I am doing this for me because I want the cool AN/APG-68 experience (and it is a very different experience than the radar that came with Aerosoft's F-16). I'm just sharing what I have with those in the flightsim community as I have benefited from the sharing of others.

Here are some pic.'s to show you all the fun I'm having with the updated 1.2 and all your and my work! :lol:

One of the things that I worried about is how this looks on different screen resolutions. (I could try it but haven't). The F-16 docmentation makes it look like the target symbols should be even smaller but under default viewpoint conditions at 1600x1200 resolution, the symbols were barely readable. So I made sure they were a little big so they don't completely wash out at lower settings (like 1280x1024). Looks like they are just fine on your screen which seems to be about 1390x1024.

Mr. Fred "Horton229" / Gents,

I know that everyone is probably dying to be able to do this real easily so I put together a quick .cab for everyone.

post-13668-1231581194_thumb.jpg

THIS PACKAGE FIXES THE FAULTY MFD's PAGES of v1.2 (and earlier versions) and ADDS Fred "Horton229" Highland's Awesome realistic AN/APG-68 Radar to this already Awesome bird.

e.g.

post-13668-1231581766_thumb.jpgpost-13668-1231582010_thumb.jpg

That answers my previous question about what the bugs were in the MFD.

On the packaging, I like it but I am concerned that we are on the boarderline of redistributing Aerosoft code which violates our licensing agreement. (These guys gave us this nice simulation, I don't want to upset them.).

The AN/APG-68 implementation is such a significant change from the original radar that it is hard to argue that it is a redistribution issue. However, the HSI is a minor change and the SMS is unchanged. Should we ask permission?

(FYI, I'm playing with a new SMS implementation. It looks like the old one but uses a completely different approach which is based on the aircraft.cfg Station settings and not depending on atc_flight_number like the Aerosoft version. It is much more flexible with respect to future changes and new models/liverys.)

Here is how to install it:-

4. Edit the Aircraft.cfg using NOTEPAD and add the following lines

Look for :-

[CONTACT_POINTS]

a. MAKE Sure you add ' // ' to the existing " point.7= " statement first and then insert this into as the last statement.

// Code by Fred "Horton229" - Fuel Door Button Open-Close

point.7= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0, 0, 0.00, 0.0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 9,9999, 9999

Actually, this is not required (I don't use it). Originally, I was using the aircraft float position variable to control the fuel door which requires that the float be defined (the 5 in the [CONTACT_POINTS] point.7 statement). However, now it is done with Keymap Triggers that detect the key events directly and don't require FSX to do anything with them. So this change isn't necessary.

For the gauge coding insiders out there, this approach doesn't work for axes as you can't get the axis value from a key event (you can detect that it's changed by not to what). So you have to use aircraft state values to query axis settings and therefore define the features (aka, the extra engine).

I mean that the space between MFD cursor |...| must be |..|

Do you mean the distance between the cursor bars must be less? I specifically chose this distance so a bugged target (target box with a circle around it) and its velocity vector would fit. And, as I mentioned in a previous post, I was concerned about being ablt to see it on a lower resolution (1280x1024) screen. However, in comparison with some of the pictures in the manuals, its big. I'll look at making it a little smaller.

Done.

I have updated the files and will update the original post instructions.

On warning, don't use Cntl-E to start the plane. In theory, this starts all of the defined engines which means you're flying an F-16 with 4x the real thrust! I added code that turns of the fuel to the other three but who knows.

The normal start switch and ready-to-fly control works just fine.

I'm not sure I was clear with my comment. Single movement of TMS-right steps the bug across previously selected (bugged) targets. Holding TMS-right for >1 second (double clicking) switches the FCR to TWS mode and back to RWS.

Ahhh :huh: - I wasn't too sure why it was behaving like that; but this clears it up for me; Thanks! ;)

Good point. I worry about transition to other planes but not too much because there are just too many constraints. But I like the idea of using Engine 3 and 4 since there aren't any 3 and 4 engine fighters (or at least their shouldn't be!). It will have one drawback, you will have to define two engines (you might have to define 3 in the F-16 - I'm not sure if they have to be sequential). I'll figure it out.

Got the PM and responded.... Glad you modified that and I'll test it and let you know. But so far the only issue is with the Target designation. When the cursor is placed over a target, which hasn't auto-locked yet, If you choose to lock it manually you get some other target locked instead. I'm not sure if that was a glitch in my try or a habitual problem; more testing by me is required. But other than that all else seems to work fine.

PS: Glad you liked my additions and Feel free to continue to modify my .cab's and continue on; I'm here to support that. Also, I have much more to present to you.

Thanks for the support. In reality, I am doing this for me because I want the cool AN/APG-68 experience (and it is a very different experience than the radar that came with Aerosoft's F-16). I'm just sharing what I have with those in the flightsim community as I have benefited from the sharing of others.

Likewise ;)

One of the things that I worried about is how this looks on different screen resolutions. (I could try it but haven't). The F-16 docmentation makes it look like the target symbols should be even smaller but under default viewpoint conditions at 1600x1200 resolution, the symbols were barely readable. So I made sure they were a little big so they don't completely wash out at lower settings (like 1280x1024). Looks like they are just fine on your screen which seems to be about 1390x1024.

No, I'm actually using rather large screens (x3 47" Inch LCD's @ 3840 x 1024 RES with Digital TripleHead2Go) and I cropped those pic.'s and resized them for the posting. But the Character/text font sizes look really good to me, so no worries there.

Actually, this is not required (I don't use it). Originally, I was using the aircraft float position variable to control the fuel door which requires that the float be defined (the 5 in the [CONTACT_POINTS] point.7 statement). However, now it is done with Keymap Triggers that detect the key events directly and don't require FSX to do anything with them. So this change isn't necessary.

Thanks; I wasn't sure if that was still necessary or not.

Next, regarding the SMS - all power to you; I can't wait to see what you come up with there. Also, re-check you PM shortly.

PS: Fred we need an AXIS for the RADAR Azimuth "BAR Width" movement (Left and Right) to go along with the Antenna Elevation Axis (Up and Down)

Also, Can you assign an .XML "Key Event" in the code for the DED Switch (NAV1/NAV2/GPS)? Thanks! :)

And, after reading your second PM - This idea came to me; GM - (The Terrain can be easily adapted from the MAP and you can scope your AI to surface targets by pointing the "RADAR VIEW" to a specific location i.e. Down (using your antenna elevation))

post-13668-1231671578_thumb.jpg

Later! :)

• Upvote 1

Got the PM and responded.... Glad you modified that and I'll test it and let you know. But so far the only issue is with the Target designation. When the cursor is placed over a target, which hasn't auto-locked yet, If you choose to lock it manually you get some other target locked instead. I'm not sure if that was a glitch in my try or a habitual problem; more testing by me is required. But other than that all else seems to work fine.

I'll look into that.

No, I'm actually using rather large screens (x3 47" Inch LCD's @ 3840 x 1024 RES with Digital TripleHead2Go) and I cropped those pic.'s and resized them for the posting. But the Character/text font sizes look really good to me, so no worries there.

WOW! 3 47 screens! That must be like being in your own little world.

FYI, I did set my display for 1280x960 (integral fractions of my native 1600x1200 resolution) and the symboligy is usable.

PS: Fred we need an AXIS for the RADAR Azimuth "BAR Width" movement (Left and Right) to go along with the Antenna Elevation Axis (Up and Down)

Did you mean Azimuth or Elevation (or both). Technically, there is no such control(s). The Azimuth scan width is controlled by OSB 18 which cycles between 6 (+/-60 degrees (120 degrees total)), 3 (+/- 30 degrees (60 degrees total)) and 1 (+/- 10 degrees (20 degrees total) and is auto selected in some submodes, particulary all ACM submodes. In addition, some submodes move the azimuth center (not obvious with the A6 setting but more so with A3 or A1) based on the cursor (SAM) or the bugged target (TWS).

Elevation scan is controlled by OSB 17. The maximum elevation scan range is +/- 60 degrees. However, the actual scanned radar pattern is only 4.9 degrees of elevation high (1 bar). The antenna will automatically scan elevation between 1 and 4 bar (19.6 degrees) based on OSB 17. The rest of the elevation range can only be obtained by using the Antenna Elevation rotary.

So axes to control Azimuth and Elevation scan range aren't realistic and don't make sense because the controls are effectively digital. However, key events could be added to push OSBs 17 and 18.

Also, Can you assign an .XML "Key Event" in the code for the DED Switch (NAV1/NAV2/GPS)? Thanks! :)

Should be possible. I'll look into it.

And, after reading your second PM - This idea came to me; GM - (The Terrain can be easily adapted from the MAP and you can scope your AI to surface targets by pointing the "RADAR VIEW" to a specific location i.e. Down (using your antenna elevation))

That's getting into the whole Air-to-Ground mode area which looks even more complex tha Air-to-Air and isn't all that useful without ordinance. Maybe someday!

i tryed to change the MFD with last changes but i found it difficult , can we have a zip file with all the requested files for realistic so far MFD + the HOTAS cougar managmnet only to copy paste them in the specific folder or to put all in a patch e.g in 1.21 patch?

i tryed to change the MFD with last changes but i found it difficult , can we have a zip file with all the requested files for realistic so far MFD + the HOTAS cougar managmnet only to copy paste them in the specific folder or to put all in a patch e.g in 1.21 patch?

Here it is: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?s=...st&p=137391

• Upvote 1

Yes, Fred, I'm aware of some of the realistic differences ... However, I'm not at all aware of how your methods are modeling them and so I'm inquiring and making sure that I haven't forgot something. ;)

Also, Can you assign an .XML "Key Event" in the code for the DED Switch (NAV1/NAV2/GPS)? Thanks! ;)
Should be possible. I'll look into it.

Thank you! :)

That's getting into the whole Air-to-Ground mode area which looks even more complex tha Air-to-Air and isn't all that useful without ordinance. Maybe someday!

Got your PM about this and sent you one too. :)

Keep up the good work! ;)

• Upvote 1

For those of you reading the end of this topic rather than the begining, the installation instructions and package have been updated (first post in the thread).

It is now a single .cab file with greatly simplified installation instructions. It is similar to what James posted above but the code is cleaned up, it includes a new SMS display (which looks the same and only helps for add-ons), it includes James corrected HSI and a few minor bugs are fixed.

For those of you reading the end of this topic rather than the begining, the installation instructions and package have been updated (first post in the thread).

It is now a single .cab file with greatly simplified installation instructions. It is similar to what James posted above but the code is cleaned up, it includes a new SMS display (which looks the same and only helps for add-ons), it includes James corrected HSI and a few minor bugs are fixed.

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

Thank you very much! :D I will test this during the week.

However, I do want to combine the TargetManagement and AN/APG-68 .xml files into one .cab and name it MFD.cab instead (and include my recently updated LMFD.xml and RMFD.xml), for the following reasons:-

• Easy of installation by ALL USERS (Developers included); Less File entries to modify, easier to manage, and maintain Version compatibility.
  • Reduced/Less Aircraft (gauge) load times for FSX and Reduced number of .xml files to manage seperately.
  • Seemless Incorporation into pre-existing installation packages (v.1.0 -> v1.2) and only one/two entries into Aircraft.cfg/Panel.cfg's.
  • Reduced Developers Debugging between file versions.
  • Other filesizes and Number of Files to download by users issues.

Next, I'm still updating the LMFD HSI to fix and add a few features along with similar entires to the RMFD so that they are identical and function correctly and independant of each other. The LMFD, I'm currently working on, has a few more fixes than the one in your post. So we will need to add it to the LMFD.xml you've posted above. (More details later).

Finally, I do have a couple of questions/requests:-

1. RE: To implemet the button control for Azimuth Scan Width (OSB 18) and Elevation Bar Scan (OSB 17) (these both have on screen mouse controls) set the following in FSX - Settings - Controls - Buttons/Keys: ....

Can this also be assigned to an AXIS (Like ENG 3 Mixture for use with TM's TQS Range axis or another)? [Keeping the options for Button/Keys as well]

2. RE:

// AN/APG-68 - define additional engines for additional axis definitions
Engine.1   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000
Engine.2   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000
Engine.3   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000

Do we still need the Engine.1 entry, since we have eliminated the ENG2 AXIS for conflicts with the combined Throttle AXIS, in the aircraft.cfg?

3. I didn't see a KEY EVENT for the DED switch listed in the description of your post; Has that been implemented in the code? (I haven't looked at it yet; thought I just ask) :lol:

Also, you forgot to mention in your post that the gauges should also be installed in the ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Panel folder; in order to work with those models as well; unless you were intending for those aircraft to have differing radars. :P:lol:

That's all for now; you go take a well deserved break while I test these and, as always, I greatly appreciate all your amazing work and efforts.

Thank you very much! :)

• Upvote 1

Mr. Fred "Horton229",

Thank you very much! :D I will test this during the week.

However, I do want to combine the TargetManagement and AN/APG-68 .xml files into one .cab and name it MFD.cab instead (and include my recently updated LMFD.xml and RMFD.xml), for the following reasons:-

• Easy of installation by ALL USERS (Developers included); Less File entries to modify, easier to manage, and maintain Version compatibility.
  • Reduced/Less Aircraft (gauge) load times for FSX and Reduced number of .xml files to manage seperately.
  • Seemless Incorporation into pre-existing installation packages (v.1.0 -> v1.2) and only one/two entries into Aircraft.cfg/Panel.cfg's.
  • Reduced Developers Debugging between file versions.
  • Other filesizes and Number of Files to download by users issues.

Actually, I was thinking about the combining idea and I think it makes sense. I already included your LMFD (HSI) changes (but it sounds like there will be more). I will add the DispMgmt.xml file and your RMFD.xml file. (DONE)

However, naming the cab MFD is not a good idea. It will overwrite the Aerosoft one making it difficult for people to switch back, compare and will cause Aerosoft's updates to overwrite ours. So we need a different name. ANAPG-68.xml for now!

Next, I'm still updating the LMFD HSI to fix and add a few features along with similar entires to the RMFD so that they are identical and function correctly and independant of each other. The LMFD, I'm currently working on, has a few more fixes than the one in your post. So we will need to add it to the LMFD.xml you've posted above. (More details later).

OK, let me know.

Finally, I do have a couple of questions/requests:-

1. RE: To implemet the button control for Azimuth Scan Width (OSB 18) and Elevation Bar Scan (OSB 17) (these both have on screen mouse controls) set the following in FSX - Settings - Controls - Buttons/Keys: ....

Can this also be assigned to an AXIS (Like ENG 3 Mixture for use with TM's TQS Range axis or another)? [Keeping the options for Button/Keys as well]

I don't really want to do that because a) they are not continous variables and B) I think we only have one axis left using engines 3 and 4 (but maybe since I shut the fuel valves on those engines, we can use the throttle? Still, it sounds risky.).

2. RE:

// AN/APG-68 - define additional engines for additional axis definitions
Engine.1   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000
Engine.2   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000
Engine.3   = -14.500, 0.000, 0.000

Do we still need the Engine.1 entry, since we have eliminated the ENG2 AXIS for conflicts with the combined Throttle AXIS, in the aircraft.cfg?

Unfortunately, yes. I tried it without Engine.1 and it seems to treat engine 2 as the second engine and the fourth one doesn't work. So you must have all three.

3. I didn't see a KEY EVENT for the DED switch listed in the description of your post; Has that been implemented in the code? (I haven't looked at it yet; thought I just ask) :lol:

Sorry, I think I forgot that. I'll look into it again.

Also, you forgot to mention in your post that the gauges should also be installed in the ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft F-16AM Display\Panel folder; in order to work with those models as well; unless you were intending for those aircraft to have differing radars. :P:lol:

Actually, I did but it's burried in the notes (which isn't obvious). I like your approach better and I'll update the instructions. (DONE)

Horten229, just a quick comment on the ANAPG-68 latest radar update, all was working well this morning but after applying the latest update I have no right MFD at all in fact it is superimposed on the left MFD. Unfortunatly I overwrote the last update with the new so it is back to default. The previous update was awesome.

Thanks, Tom

Mr. Tom Stovll,

Here are the previous files: F_16_X_HOTAS_TRGTMGT_ANAPG_68_JFC___FH.zipDispMgmt.zip

PS: But please keep in mind that we are constantly fixing/adding/updating these mainly for our test purposes at this point; so a BACKUP is a MUST; I don't suggest you update it by overwriting at all - at least until it becomes a proper version and NOT BETA.

EDIT: Here were his original setup instructions: The_radar_MFD_implementation_on_Aerosoft.zip

• Upvote 1