fsx performance with my new pc

dorcami

hi,

so last week i received my new pc:

processor: intel q9550 = 2.83X4

video card: ati hd4850 512mb

4 gb ram

and etc... - running on a vista 64 OS.

i've installed fsx+sp1+acceleration and my addons from aerosoft (f-16, madrid).

i'm very impressed from the graphics and the performance, but there are times which i suffer from low fps and i dont understand why:

most of the time i get 12-25 fps- different types of aircraft dont change it too much so its around that number.

usually, when i got between 7-12, the game isnt so smooth, but by checking at the ask manager, the processor doesnt pass the 40% of its strange, and the ram and graphic card are like 50% used.

so why, the system doesnt work harder to show me a best image?!

thanks.

hi,

so last week i received my new pc:

processor: intel q9550 = 2.83X4

video card: ati hd4850 512mb

4 gb ram

and etc... - running on a vista 64 OS.

i've installed fsx+sp1+acceleration and my addons from aerosoft (f-16, madrid).

i'm very impressed from the graphics and the performance, but there are times which i suffer from low fps and i dont understand why:

most of the time i get 12-25 fps- different types of aircraft dont change it too much so its around that number.

usually, when i got between 7-12, the game isnt so smooth, but by checking at the ask manager, the processor doesnt pass the 40% of its strange, and the ram and graphic card are like 50% used.

so why, the system doesnt work harder to show me a best image?!

thanks.

I have the same setup.

It's the 4850. It suffers from clouds. Turn off clouds and see what I mean.

And overclock the FSB to 380 - gives you app. 15%-20% more juice.