minimum PC requirements for fsx Cheyenne X

clmooring

I have a 2.3 dual core with 512 mb video card and 1gb ram. I have the eaglesoftdg twin commanche and the realair fs260 running under FSX SP2 with no problems. I am interested in opions of whether I would be alright with the Cheyenne for FSX. Current I have most of the sliders set pretty high and I am satisfied with the 20 fps I get with the above mentioned planes. I also have the Lionheart Epic lt. All these planes run fine.

Hello clmooring,

The product page advises on the following.

System requirements for FSX:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2)

Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista

Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel or equivalent advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)

256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card (512 Mb recommended)

Adobe Acrobat® Reader 7 minimal to read and print the manual (1)

Download-Size: 220 MB

Installations-Size: 850 MB

thanks for the reply. I had seen the min requirements but sometimes min requirements are very lean. So I was wondering what others real world experiences have been. I plan to add a gig of ram to my pc. I am sure that would help.

Do you know if the download version can be returned for a refund?

thanks again.

• Aerosoft
thanks for the reply. I had seen the min requirements but sometimes min requirements are very lean. So I was wondering what others real world experiences have been. I plan to add a gig of ram to my pc. I am sure that would help.

Do you know if the download version can be returned for a refund?

thanks again.

Could you be bit more specific in the hardware you got? What CPU? What GPU?

• Aerosoft
Mathijs - I have a Dell xps 410 running xp media center edition (service pack3) with dual core 6600 @ 2.4ghz and 3gb of ram. Graphics card is an ATI Radeon 2600 Pro PCIe with 512mb.

That should run fine. Of course it all depends on your settings in FSX. If you ask it to show 6 times more autogen trees and buildings then FS2004 could show at max settings thing will bog down. I could work on your hardware, and believe me that's a serious statement.

Hello clmooring,

The product page advises on the following.

System requirements for FSX:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2)

Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista

Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel or equivalent advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)

256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card (512 Mb recommended)

Adobe Acrobat® Reader 7 minimal to read and print the manual (1)

Download-Size: 220 MB

Installations-Size: 850 MB

Hi Shaun...Just bought the FSX Cheyenne X the other day. Looking forward to learing how to fly it! To that end, looks like the documentation is extensive, which I think is good. Is it okay to have the manuals/pdf files printed? I ask because I of course don't want to have any other applications open while I'm in FSX. Want to have the appropriate manuals/pdf files printed in front of me on my desk.

Thanks in advance,

Ted

• Aerosoft

I have yet to see FSX drop a frame if you have a good PDF reader open at the same time (assuming you got a more or less modern system). I simply do not understand why people close all applications when they start FS. You are running either XP or Vista. Both OS's will makes sure the application that needs the resources get all they need. Just do not use Acrobat Reader but something like Foxit.

I don't have the screenshots anymore but I had them, same situation, one with FSX running on a totally cleaned system, one with ALL ms office applications open, plus Adobe PhotoShop, same framerate. And that was on a 2 Gb system.

I have yet to see FSX drop a frame if you have a good PDF reader open at the same time (assuming you got a more or less modern system). I simply do not understand why people close all applications when they start FS. You are running either XP or Vista. Both OS's will makes sure the application that needs the resources get all they need. Just do not use Acrobat Reader but something like Foxit.

I don't have the screenshots anymore but I had them, same situation, one with FSX running on a totally cleaned system, one with ALL ms office applications open, plus Adobe PhotoShop, same framerate. And that was on a 2 Gb system.

Hi Mathijs...I will, of course, defer to your expertise and experience on this issue. Being relatively new to FSX, I'm still trying to figure things out. I was under the impression that all applications should be closed when running FSX, but if I can have a "good" PDF reader open simutaneously, that would be ideal for reading manuals, etc while running FSX. I'll download Foxit today (have Adobe currently for reading PDF files). Thanks for that tip on on that software.

Sincerely,

Ted