FK Troubleshooting please

Kimchoc

Upgraded to 3.0 from 2.7, I think it was, and have nearly everything back to where it was before. Except Acars info on the panel gauge.

This is a connection issue. I get a "waiting for ACARS information" flashing in the gauge. Everything else seems to work OK. Moving map, check. Navaids, check, AI, check.

FS is connected in the main GUI for FK. My live ACARS is sending data to my selected live ACARS server. Correct flight is loaded in GUI of FK.

My approach so far has been to repeat the same type of start-up steps that i used on previous versions of FK. If there are new steps to make this gauge work, then I plead guilty of not reading EVERY word in the manual. If that's the case, just point me in the right direction.

I ensured the gauge is placed in the gauge FS folder. I uninstalled the gauge from the plane, and then re-installed it.

Any other direction i should check?

Thanks

Gary B.

Are you actually trying to connect FSFK with the gauge (button on the main toolbar)? It sounds that you actually don't try to connect to the gauge. You can also set the option to automatically connect to the gauge after a connection with FS has been established in the FSFK options dialog.

Thomas

Are you actually trying to connect FSFK with the gauge (button on the main toolbar)? It sounds that you actually don't try to connect to the gauge. You can also set the option to automatically connect to the gauge after a connection with FS has been established in the FSFK options dialog.

Thomas

Thank you sir,

Here is my steps:

Click on "New Flight" (FK set to connect on new flight) FK then connects to sim.

Open flightplan and load

Set passengers, set cargo

Click on Live Acars server connect button. ACARS site responds and I am connected.

Go to FS, open gauge.

Gauge loads and all report OK

Click enter

message says waiting for connection

Have I missed something? Possibly a pre-set that I had on the older version?

Thank you.

Like I said: You need to connect FSFK with the gauge. There is a button on the main toolbar to do it or you can set the option to automatically connect on FS connection.

Thomas

Yes, thank you. I discovered the settings after reading your post.

If I may recommend that some method of keeping our "old version" settings be maintained? I spent a considerable amont of time reconstructing my Pirep, Live Acars and now, personal setup settings.

You are such a good programmer I would appreciate if you would look into that for the next version.

Thanks again... keep up the excellent work.