AES 1.99

Dimon

Thanks,

Actually, Internet Translators are good helpers for starter. Any chance to complete EGLL Xtreme for 1.99 release? That would be BEST Christmas present together with upcoming PMDG MD11.

• Developer
Thanks,

Actually, Internet Translators are good helpers for starter. Any chance to complete EGLL Xtreme for 1.99 release?

Thats, why I am busy :lol:

Mr. Oliver Pabst,

In all your "business" I hope you can find time for AES X - I've been waiting for about a year or so now; having heard that you were doing something along those lines.

Sorry to be a pest; But I had to ask! :)

Mr. Oliver Pabst,

In all your "business" I hope you can find time for AES X - I've been waiting for about a year or so now; having heard that you were doing something along those lines.

Sorry to be a pest; But I had to ask! :)

James, Oliver already mentioned about the fsx version in his development statues thread above.

FSX:

The primary focus of the development at the moment is the AES fro FSX Version. The Base for that was the migration of the Vistamare Modules (Intelliscene) to FSX, which has reached a good state now. Only some question around the different version of FSX (SP2 or Accpack) will need some time. The modules for FSX+SP2 are now working, the FSX+Accpack is expected for the next weeks.

AES for FSX will not be compatible to FSX native or FSX+SP1, because to handle 4 versions is not possible.

One gool for the AES code in future is, that the code is usable for both FS versions. Therefor allready some major changes are done (Window implementation, Datafiles). But we also see two limits allready for the AES FSX version:

- No shadows of ground vehicles: to slow and in some scenery cases a bug in FSX generates stupid display problems.

- No DirectX 10 preview support: the implementation does not make it possible yet.

In the first Step, AES will support Airports in FSX, where the Scenerydesign is also the "same" as in FS9, like GAP2, MAF, Simwings Heathrow and Paris, some Imaginesims and so on. Native FSX airports will follow.

How the credits are handle in future is not clear yet, but we will find a fair and not expensive upgrade procedure. Users of AES in FS9 will may charge with a small upgrade fee at some airports, but we will see.

Thats the status for the moment.

Gentlemens, Is UK2000 EGLL better than Aerosoft's EGLL? what are your reviews of UK2000? ;)

Around 75% of my sim flights are either to or from LHR; I have both and would offer the following:

Both are very good, but I prefer UK2000. I have about 10% higher frame rates with UK2000 and I prefer the look and feel of Gary's wonderful textures. The night textures are brilliant....

But again, you can't go wrong with either....

Around 75% of my sim flights are either to or from LHR; I have both and would offer the following:

Both are very good, but I prefer UK2000. I have about 10% higher frame rates with UK2000 and I prefer the look and feel of Gary's wonderful textures. The night textures are brilliant....

I was also wondering what the difference was between the two - you've convinced me to cough up for Gary's!

Rob

How does the night textures differ? As well, it looks from the screen shots that the ground textures look more realistic with Aersoft's version?

IMHO, Aerosoft ground textures is the worst part of both EGLL and LFPG packages, even though I bought both and still continue to enjoy LFPG. Meanwhie, what Garry did with recent EGLL is true masterpiece in terms of both appearance and performance.

Dimon,

Ya, I am beginning to see that. I just perused the s/s over on Gary's forum and must say that the way he did his textures look real good. I think once AES 1.99 is out, I will buy the UK2000 version (and finally maybe be able to land the PMDG 744 at LHR without a OOM).

I own the Simwings version and tried UK2000. Overall, Simwings is more accurate with the off airport buildings to the right of 27R. I also like tuneing the radio to open the gate to cross the road to the hangars and opening the hangar doors. UK2000 does not offer this. Simwings Terminal 1 has the silverplating more real wheras UK2000 is all white...

UK2000 T5 kicks Simwings ass!! All glass textures on buildings and hangars kicks Simwings ass!! The T5 carpark is much better and the BA concord can be found hiding if you know where to look for it. So my decision is, if Simwings does not offer an update to improve T5 and the glass textures on the hangars then I am going UK2000 once AES is ready.

Does this help??

I own the Simwings version and tried UK2000. Overall, Simwings is more accurate with the off airport buildings to the right of 27R. I also like tuneing the radio to open the gate to cross the road to the hangars and opening the hangar doors. UK2000 does not offer this. Simwings Terminal 1 has the silverplating more real wheras UK2000 is all white...

UK2000 T5 kicks Simwings ass!! All glass textures on buildings and hangars kicks Simwings ass!! The T5 carpark is much better and the BA concord can be found hiding if you know where to look for it. So my decision is, if Simwings does not offer an update to improve T5 and the glass textures on the hangars then I am going UK2000 once AES is ready.

Does this help??

Ya it does. Real quick though, my flights use Terminal 4 the most. How does T4 compare btw the two?