Tokyo Haneda problem

pilotba747

Hi,

I have done a forum search and can't find a related item so here goes.

I have just updated the Overland Airports 4 package as per the instructions, then loaded Haneda airport to check that every thing was ok. I then applied the AES credits to Tokyo Haneda airport, reloaded the airport and found that all the AES items were at the wrong height. Laterally everything is aligned correctly but vertically all the AES items are viewable but below ground level. All the Overland items and AI Aircraft are at the same correct height, it is only the AES items that are incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

• Developer

Hi,

do you have a special Mesh in this Area?

Are the AI Airplanes correct on ground?

AES will follow the mesh at the ARP, but in RJTT this should be no problem, because the ARP is direct on the Apron, where the ground should be flatten on Airport level.

Hi Oliver,

Firstly thank you for your prompt reply.

I have done some further tests this morning.

With AES disabled at the airport every thing is normal.

With AES I have the problem described in the original post.

With the custom mesh disabled and with AES enabled I have the same problem as described in the original post, ie AES items are too low, it would appear that AES has created a basement level.

In all situations, ie with and without custom mesh the AI aircraft are at the correct level, it is only the AES items that are much lower than they should be.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards

Peter.

Hi,

I know Mr Pabst has been busy with the new version of AES, but I just wondered if there was any resolution to my problem with Haneda, it is a few days now since I posted my further findings listed above.

Regards and complements of the season.

Peter

• Developer

Ok,

can you please unzip the attached file into the <FS9>\aerosoft\AES\Scenery directory and overwrite the original one, then check if it is ok.

• Developer

Ok,

can you please unzip the attached file in the <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY Folder (don't toggle the RJTT airport in AEShelp) and check if the object are ok.

If so, you can also unzip the file to the <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT folder, so you can use AESHelp agian.

This file will only work for 1.99, in 2.00 we maybe have a different solution, when I understand what happens there.

• Developer

Ok Peter,

in the theory of this problem, I think the FS is loading the Scenery slower, then AES will stop the routine to define the Altitude of this airport. The result is, that the scenery later is on the correct level (6.4 Meter), but the level of AES is defined on sealevel =0 as this area is, when the scenery is not activ.

I have increased the timer, so maybe the TEST1 will help.

So, unzip the file Test1 : to the <FS9>\Aerosoft\AES\SCENER directory first and overwrite the files, then check if the problem is solved.

If not, unzip the Test2: in that directory and check what happens then.

If both not help, you have a terrible misplacement of the airport altitude.

Hi Oliver,

File Test 2 solved the problem, many thanks for your help and patience in solving this one, guess no one else has had the same problem.

Complements of the season to you, frohe weinachts fest und ein gutes neues jahr. Sorry about the missing umlaut in frohe.

regards,

Peter.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

I have just updated AES to 1.99a and my problem is back with Haneda. I tried applying the previous fix and then get a compatability error, could you please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Hi Oliver,

No pressure, it has been a couple of days since I posted and I know that you are always busy, but just wondered if you had a resolution to this old problem. As a side issue, I also wondered if I was going to have a repeat of the problem each time that I upgrade AES.

Best regards as always.

Peter

• Developer

Hi,

there must be a "special" condition on you PC, this problem should not happen. Please can you move the Entry of this airports short below the AES Basepack (like Prio 2) in the Scenery Library and check if this maybe fix it.

Hi Oliver,

Did as you asked, no change the problem was still there. The patch you posted last time "test 2" seemed to solve the problem. Is there a way for me or you to update the patch that I downloaded? When I applied the patch I have got to AES 1.99a it came up with an invalid version caption. I realise that there is a deeper underlying problem here but at least the patch got the airport working. I have Overland packs 3,4,5,6 and 9, all the airports except this one work perfectly with AES.

Regards

Peter

• Developer

Hi,

you see me alittbit confused, because the original file of 1.99a was in the same form as your Test 2 :(

So, attached 2 files, please unzip in the ..\AES\SCENERY directory and tell me, which of both will be ok, the -REL or -ABS version.

When we found the correct version, this will be the standard for the future.

Hi Oliver'

I can confirm that RJTT_AES199_ABS solves the problem, the RJTT_AES199_REL file makes no difference at all.

Thanks once again for your prompt attention and resolution to this problem. Thanks also for one of the best flight sim addons that there is on the market today.

Do I take it that from your above comment that this problem will not reoccur with future revisions to the AES product?

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi Oliver,

I am back again with the same problem, I have just installed AES 1.99b to add the new EDDH and once again I have the same problem with RJTT Tokyo Haneda.

Could you please work your magic with a new fix for this problem.

Best regards,

Peter.

Hi Oliver,

First of all thank you for your swift reply.

Sorry to say that AES didn't like that, having done what you said I get an error message, "AES version incompatability found, run installer of AES version 1.99".

Please advise, I took backups of the original files before I replaced them with the new ones, but I haven't restored them at this time.

Regards

Peter.