Aerosoft A(I)ES

newmanix

This has most likely been discussed before...

What if AES created it's own AI models as payware that could communicate directly with AES. We could see AI with jetbridges, pushback trucks wing walkers etc... Anyone could do the livery paints flight plans etc...

Is this possible, or asking too much?...

Or already covered elsewhere...

Hi,

I started that topic (though I'm sure the issue of AES for AI has been raised many times before).

As you have raised it again and in light of Oliver's encouraging statements on AES for FSX in his latest update (it seems like it will happen) I thought I'd return to the subject specificall in terms of AES for FSX.

FSX already has 'enhanced' airports over FS2004. Namely it has moving jetways for all aircraft and backage and fuel trucks for all aircraft. I think it would be a shame if FSX addon airports with FSX AES added were not able to do some of the things default FSX airports can do.

Currently add-on airports for FSX fall into 2 categories,

i) those with custom animated jetways (I think Microsoft released a tutorial explaining how this could be done?). Developers include FS Dream Team and FTX. Aerosoft are maybe moving this way with moving jetways for Paderborn/Lippstadt.

ii) Those with static jetways. Of these some plan to release updates to add moving jetways (e.g UK2000) but some appear to have no plans to do so. I assume (unless I have missed announcements to the contary) that a lot of the Mega Airports fall into this latter category.

I would personally like to see AES provide moving jetways for those products in group (ii) for which the developer will not. It would not have to be done within the traditional AES framework but could if necessary be done within the scenery itself (using the Microsoft tutorial). At the very least I would not expect AES to remove the moving jetways for AI aircraft from those airports in group (i).

Secondly the issue of baggage and fuel trucks. Currently FSX already provides baggage and fuel trucks. Maybe AES could add airport specific textures to those vehicles e.g those at Mega-airport Frankfurt could differ from those at Mega Airport Heathrow. As the vehicles are already present in default FSX I don't see why there should be a dramatic impact on frame rates.

Sorry for the long post but I would like AES for FSX to be a great addition to the sim rather a 'lite' version of AES 2004 with the features of AES 2004 but at the cost of losing some features of default FSX.

thanks

Jon

Hallo,

AES is running in the scenery Engine and there is no info about any AI Aircrafts available at the moment. Even when we get this data sometimes, it is maybe critical to handle the AI Traffic in the same way as the users, because they do what they want, means, you see the departure some seconds before they leave, I don't think that it is nice to stop the service in some seconds.

And, save your money, because you can expact what happens, when 100 AI Aircraft get the service: You need a 16 core 10 GHZ PC. :)

Now that I see this, I may not want it after all. But I wonder how FSX handles it in big airports. Anyone here with FSX know??

Now that I see this, I may not want it after all. But I wonder how FSX handles it in big airports. Anyone here with FSX know??

I have FSX and the moving jetways don't seem to have a huge impact on my framerates. It seems to be the amount of AI traffic itself rather than amount of jetways or ground vehicles that impacts framerates.

If some add-on airports and all the default airports can have moving jetways I don't see any reason why all add-on airports can't have them without killing framerates. Whether this is something that can be done by AES or has to be done by scenery developers is another issue.