Fokker F-27

Daggernaut

I do, I really do... want the subject that has dart engines what were you thinking? Browsing around the net, looking for the best FSX Fokker F-27 plane, I could not find one except for something that was not up to what I wanted. An F-27 eye candy, feels like it, sounds like it, looks exactly like this

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Philippines...ship/0998224/M/

or this

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Philippines...time/0520596/M/

Or any other airline or military maritime versions. Of course, same cockpit lighting request I made for the UH-1H Huey project, red lights, glowing dials and luminecent markings. At night, dark as cant see hands in front, but red light intensity can be increased to look like a seady strip show joint. Pilots love the strip joints, apart from the eye candy, the soft light is kind to their tierd eyes at night, straining (again) to enjoy the hard core, but dark enough for the hag performer to hide her wrinkles. Dark enough for the pilot to have in-depth focusing at night, dim red lights enough to see where the throttles are.

The sound of a dart eningine is like no other, the closest I have found in the FS community is that from AFG's YS-11, a supperb product by an outstanding team. No doubt aerosoft can prevail in this market with a very popular plane such as the Fokker F-27 and I site the following reasons:

1. It is an untapped market so to speak - No such payware quality product has been released, at least not that I know of, but I am pretty sure one can corner this market before someone does a lousy one.

2. It is a popular plane - Not only in europe, but in africa and elsewhere.

3. A comercially successfull aircraft - Built by Fokker, and no doubt, for the FS9 or FSX software developer. Whats true with the real thing, must be true with the simulation version. Looking for a nostalgic experience of that era, I bet aerosoft can deliver.

So how about it guys, after all its a good airplane.

See her here:

post-18361-1228639085_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731185_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731277_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731406_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731542_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731643_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228731918_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228732063_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228732293_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228732457_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228732530_thumb.jpg

Yes, either a good F27 or a good Dash7 for FSX would be nice. (The freeware Dash 7 is good, but not state of the art in FSX).

I fully understand you. Dash 7 is also a great airplane.

post-18361-1228732816_thumb.jpg

post-18361-1228732888_thumb.jpg

Good idea, I have often been wondering why such a popular plane has no good FS-counterpart. Personally I would think of a Fokker F50 instead, which is a bit more up to today's technological standard. A rendition of the depth and quality such as Flight1's ATR, or preferably even better, could indeed fill in a big FS-gap in my opinion.

Lennard

Seconded. There´s a huge lack of propliners in FSX <_<

So far, apart from the aforementioned ATR72, which has been around a long time, my Big Prop `fix` has only been satisfied by the A2A Simulations Boeong 377 Stratoliner with Accusim. sniff! :blink:

There is no current FSX equivalent for turboprops, which is a real shame IMHO as the visceral nature of whirling props and whining turbines is far more evocative than the mere whistle of a super-annuated grass blower! And an old school prop which needs careful nurturing rather than auto-bloody-everything would really suit my virtual flying predilections!

So far, apart from the aforementioned ATR72, which has been around a long time, my Big Prop `fix` has only been satisfied by the A2A Simulations Boeong 377 Stratoliner with Accusim. sniff! :blink:

There is no current FSX equivalent for turboprops, which is a real shame IMHO as the visceral nature of whirling props and whining turbines is far more evocative than the mere whistle of a super-annuated grass blower! And an old school prop which needs careful nurturing rather than auto-bloody-everything would really suit my virtual flying predilections!

Nicely said, Simon, I’m with you on this one! ;)