Madrid 2008. How to fix ATC.

Ciro

Hi everyone

First of all, let me say aerosoft had made an amazing job with this airport. In fact the reason why atc is not working well is because it is too real.

ABOUT ATC NOT SAYING "Barajas tower" or "Barajas Ground":

----------------------------------------------------------

In order for atc to work correctly, the new airport MUST have its name and its comm frequencies names exactly the same as the original Flight simulator names.

Aerosoft have changed the FS names for the real names (e.g. "Madrid-Barajas" instead of the original "Barajas", making for atc impossible to recognize them; so:

If you want your ATC to work correctly:

1. Take a scenary tool like AFCAD, edit the LEMD_xx.bgl, and change the airport name from "Madrid-Barajas" to "Barajas"; then change all the comm frequencies "BARAJAS DEP, BARAJAS ARR, BARAJAS GMC NORTH, BARAJAS GMC SOUTH..." to "BARAJAS".

2. OR you can edit it with an Hex editor (change all " DEP", " ARR",... for hx00)

3. OR I can pass you the two bgl files by mail

and you will have your ATC working right (e.g. saying "Barajas Tower", "Barajas Ground",...)

(this would be a nice gift from aerosoft, if they give us this bgls updated as a downloadable patch)

ABOUT THE APPROACHES (Only visual?):

-------------------------------------

This is more difficult to edit (at least I don't know how).

As rwy 33 is now 33L, and we have a new 33R, both approaches didn't exist before, so they are not part of the flight sim approaches... and that is why your first option is "visual" and you can't find it as options for approaching.

I don't know how to fix this, but there is a workaround.

When ATC wants to give you visual vectors, tell him you want to change the approach, and select the fourth option "[iLS ]" (this is the old ILS 33 approach). Ask him vectors, and you will have vectors for the new ILS 33L approach. (they will also work -more or less- as vectors for the 33R)

I don't know if i have explained myself... excuse me because english is not my home language. I am doing my best

Hope this helps everyone to enjoy this wonderfull airport.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Ciro

Hi Ciro

Editing of the ILS systems is fairly difficult, especially when changing a stock ILS. I don't know about AFX, but I know FSXPlanner has the ability to edit approach data, meaning you can change the ILS approach to your renamed runway, and then add data for the new runway. However FSXPlanner seems to mess up some of the XML coding, meaning you need to edit it to remove the errors before either compiling manually, or as I do open it in ADE. ADE doesn't yet support the editing of approach data (needed for ATC to vector you to the ILS you placed in the AFCAD). As I said I don't know if AFX does this or not. If it does and you have a copy of 1.04, then use that.

I've just done the same for Newquay airport in the UK as it has just had a name/ICAO code/runway change, and the ILS was on the stock 31, but is now on 12 and 30, so that meant a new ILS and an edit of the old one. Once you have your XML files saved by FSXPlanner, poke around inside it and you will see the approach data there for you. It's fairly easy to pick up - just watch the trasition altitudes - FSXPlanner puts it to metres rather than feet.

Will

Hello Ciro,

Is it pposiible to send me the two bgl files by mail, my email is ''optima90@hotmail.com''

Thank you

Mustafa

Hi Mustafa

I have sent them a moment ago.

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

1. Copy the two original bgl files to another folder -out of the fs folders-

2. Copy my modified bgls replacing the originals.

Tell me if you like them

Have a nice flight...

Ciro

• 3 years later...

yo tengo un afcad que es real el norte 33 aterizaje 36 despege y la rodadura es real y los gates sirven para ai icea skai etc traffic

So basically Aerosoft has produced a substandard product and not provided an update for what appears to be a known problem...great.

So basically Aerosoft has produced a substandard product and not provided an update for what appears to be a known problem...great.

Not at all a substandard product there are probably plenty of airports out there that are incorrectly named by Microsoft also.