How to get things working on a plane with stairs.

marcb

Hi all,

Love this product and wouldn't be able to do without it anymore.

There's just one thing I would like changed badly: the way you handle passenger doors.

That's right, as it is now, when my plane has a sliding door all is nice and dandy. However, when I have a door with stairs in it, half of the vehicles don't work anymore if I choose not to want mobile stairs (I don't need them, since they are already incorporated into my plane).

Take my brand new Fokker 70 for example. It's big enough to need catering, it definately needs a bus to load all those 70 passengers (bit awkward to let 70 people walk over the apron methinks), but I do not need, nor want jetway connection or mobile stairs.

As it is now, this is not possible. Catering depends upon the definition of the front passenger door, which automatically entails jetway or mobile stair services. So either I take the jetway and stairs (which I don't need nor want) or I have no catering services. Same goes for boarding. No bus will ever show up if no front passenger door is defined. Nor is the cleaning services available (dunno the connection there).

I think this is easily solved though. How about, in the aircraft configuration section, you allow users to indicate the "type" of door you have. Let them define the position no matter what, but if it is one with stairs incorporated in them don't let jetways or mobile stairs show up when you load this kind of plane. That way one can have all the features on all kinds of configurations and it would require only a small modification of the code of AES.

Nothing but praise for the product though. I love it and I think it is a great addon. This would just complete the product a bit more towards perfection.

Cheers.

Marc

Edit: typos

Does the Fokker 70 have doors on the right side for catering trucks to go to?

Yep, it certainly does, just like the Fokker 100 does. The 100 model carries two different versions: one with a sliding door and one with a door with stairs. So in certain cases, on the stairdoor model, I'm having the same problem as with the 70 model.

Is there any way to work around this?

Marc

Marc,

This post will tell you how to do most of what you're looking for. Incidentally, it took me one minute of searching to find this answer..... ;)

Ah, thanks a lot. My search didn't come up with this one. This should do the trick.

Edit: Ok, stairs are gone, but this only adresses part of the problem. Catering obviously doesn't arrive at the right hight (they have to toss the food and drinks one meter up to get it into the plane). It's an ok workaround, but it would be a good thing if they detach the loading point of the catering from the main passenger door. That would solve it perfectly.

Marc

• Developer
Ah, thanks a lot. My search didn't come up with this one. This should do the trick.

Edit: Ok, stairs are gone, but this only adresses part of the problem. Catering obviously doesn't arrive at the right hight (they have to toss the food and drinks one meter up to get it into the plane). It's an ok workaround, but it would be a good thing if they detach the loading point of the catering from the main passenger door. That would solve it perfectly.

Marc

Hi,

for this problem, we will have a solution in one of the next releases (maybe not the next one), then you will be able to define, which Service you need at the doors. But therefor we need to enhance the complete parametersection, which takes some time.

Hi,

for this problem, we will have a solution in one of the next releases (maybe not the next one), then you will be able to define, which Service you need at the doors. But therefor we need to enhance the complete parametersection, which takes some time.

Thanks for the heads up, that's all I needed to know. Good that you guys are trying to work this out. ;)

Marc

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Hi Oliver,

Or maybe a catering minivan with LSG logo that parks next to aircraft. At LAX the regional jets get a minivan no need for big catering truck for little CRJ..