Helgoland invisable ledges

wurger

I've been having problems when taxing around Helgoland in FSX. There seems to be about a 3 foot invisable ledge between the runways and taxiways to the parking area. Hitting these usually causes the plane to crash. It seems like im missing a flatten file or something. Any thoughts?

I have the following installed.

Accel and sp2

VFR Germany 2

German airfields 1, 2, 3

Ultimate terrain x for europe

Thanks in advance

Scott

Hi Scott,

Please check in your Scenery Library of the folder Aerosoft\AFS is added and activated. If not, just add it and the problem should be gone.

Otherwise it would be nice if you could post one or more screenshots showing the problem.

Bests,

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Scott,

Please check in your Scenery Library of the folder Aerosoft\AFS is added and activated. If not, just add it and the problem should be gone.

Otherwise it would be nice if you could post one or more screenshots showing the problem.

Bests,

Sascha

Hello, I check and I only see an AFD folder and it is added. Can you tell me the exact path for the AFS folder you mention?

Thanks,

I don't know if I am right here, but the word "ledge" in the topic seems to fit to my problem:

I also have ledges in Helgoland, but these are visible. It seems that two airports are overlaying each other. They have a different altitude (difference about 3 feet) and the ledge crosses the runway and the airport

I have Helgoland X, VFR Germany 2, German Airfields 1-3 installed, FSX is running with SP2.

The often mentioned folder "AerosoftAFD" is installed and activated.

helgoland01ts6.jpg

helgoland02cr9.jpg

settingsxe5.jpg

I already played around with my scenery settings, but without success so far.

The problem only occurs when I fly to Helgoland from another airport,

not when I start my flight at Helgoland.

Ok. Looks like the installer of VFR Germany 2 overwrote something there?

Can you give it a try and copy the contents of the attached ZIP file into your FSX\Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery folder? Existing files need to be overwritten if necessary.

Bests,

Sascha

AF2_EDXH.zip

Hi Sascha,

Helgoland was installed after VFR Germany 2. So I don't think it overwrote something. So, maybe the Helgoland Installer didn't copy correctly over VFR G2...?

Hmmm, doesn't matter - anyhow, I'll try that ZIP file, thank you for it.

It's a chance. I'll try and give a feedback.

YES!!

It seems this has solved the problem! :):):)

Perfect. I made a test flight from another airport to Helgoland, which in the past always caused the ledges. But this time the airport appeared just as it should appear.

Great!

Sascha, danke für den guten Support! ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi Sascha,

I have just found your patch for Uetersen EDHE in GAF2. Thanks for that!

So I searched in the forum for this issue with Helgoland. Overwriting the file AF2_EDXH.BGL solved the problem.

Greetings from Hamburg

Didi