Keflavik Iceland

MrPalmason

It's just that I'm as much interested in finishing this (great :D ) product as you out there. ;)

Extreme closeups isn't the right word, it's more that you never get all the right views from behind a fence 500m away from the terminals and hangars. And I'm also afraid the time window to make good photos in Iceland is closing as the winter approaches, isn't it?

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from trying to help I hope. If you would be as kind as to try if you get some nice photos I'd be grateful even if they wouldn't turn out to be perfect for our needs. ;)

It's just that I'm as much interested in finishing this (great biggrin.gif ) product as you out there. wink.gif

Extreme closeups isn't the right word, it's more that you never get all the right views from behind a fence 500m away from the terminals and hangars. And I'm also afraid the time window to make good photos in Iceland is closing as the winter approaches, isn't it?

I mean, there's nothing stopping you from trying to help I hope. If you would be as kind as to try if you get some nice photos I'd be grateful even if they wouldn't turn out to be perfect for our needs. wink.gif

I'm going to IFA (Icelandic Flight Academy) in a couple of months. I might be able to help you with the photos.

Let me know.

Oh, I thought "Icelandic Flight Academy" was some sort of airshow. :lol::blush:

Well, at the moment we're stuck where we are, so let me know when you get there. Better email me: reichert@flyways.info

Thorsten, are you going to include some famous Icelandic places like the lake Þingvellir, the lake Mývatn's area, the cape Dyrhólæy, the Geysir area, the Jökulsárlón lagoon with its "icebergs", the waterfalls (to name only some ones: Goðafoss, Aldeyjarfoss, Ófrærufoss, Skógafoss, Gullfoss, Hraunfossar (very beautiful one), ...) and those lovely green houses made from peat?

PS: For Icelandic inhabitants: I know there's much more to see in your country, but I think Aerosoft cannot reproduce everything. It's only a small list of great Icelandic places!

PPS: Thorsten, in my previous post (http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=29229), I wrote about those dirt, short runways. Skógafoss, for example, is located near one of them.wink.gif

We can't do everything of course. Iceland is pretty big. Some waterfalls, some glaciers, some geysirs, some icebergs and certainly every single lake (well, almost) will be included. If we did an addon that included the complete island with custom landclass and scenery together with all those airports and airstrips, that would be way too expensive for most users, so we concentrate on the 2 major airports together with a very realistic scenery of Iceland, but no other airports or airtrips in detail.

The ugly default-style airports will be improved though, so they fit into the scenery rather nice and smooth.

We can't do everything of course. We concentrate on the 2 major airports together with a very realistic scenery of Iceland, but no other airports or airtrips in detail.

The ugly default-style airports will be improved though, so they fit into the scenery rather nice and smooth.

No problem for me.

Is the Vestmann island included (a perfect place for the Twin Otter)? Also some whales, birds around the Dyrhólæy cape and some sheeps (tongue.gif) would be welcome!

Vestmannaeyjar will be included with detailed island, town, harbour and airport layout but no detailed airport buildings.

For the airports I can say: we consider doing a second addon that would cover detailed airports all over the island, but the main focus now is 2 big airports and landscape.

We had someone with access to the airports but he seems to have vanished

Looks like he was captured by the Icelandic intelligence for spying for Aerosoft. :ph34r:

Seriously though - I guess it was mentioned before but sometimes people do change their minds:

No way to have this product for FS9 also? Even with the airports-only version?

Following this thread I got so excited about virtual flying to Iceland that I felt I had to ask.

It the answer is "No, sorry", then I guess I have a choice like 'switch over to FSX or enjoy our screenshots (to come yet)'....

The longer it takes til this addon is finished, the older FS9 will have become - and the more users will have switched to FSX anyway. Don't let this become another fs9 v fsx discussion, it's just what I think about it. ;)

Don't let this become another fs9 v fsx discussion

That is not my intention at all.

But I'll try to read between the lines and enjoy some screenshots (when they come) before I get a new rig.

Thanks for your reply!

The longer it takes til this addon is finished, the older FS9 will have become - and the more users will have switched to FSX anyway. Don't let this become another fs9 v fsx discussion, it's just what I think about it. ;)

WHAT???!!!!

will this not be an FS9 product??

I see Aerosoft is still producing new FS9 scenery.

This is chilling news :( . I've been looking forward to getting this package.

Golli.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a decent "background" in the form of an Iceland package with terrain, landclass, and so on is a great incentive to freeware devs out there to make the smaller GA dirtstrips as addons...

This is wonderful news about Iceland in general...

Andrew

• Upvote 1

Vestmannaeyjar will be included with detailed island, town, harbour and airport layout but no detailed airport buildings.

For the airports I can say: we consider doing a second addon that would cover detailed airports all over the island, but the main focus now is 2 big airports and landscape.

Oh yes, please consider please consider. Not been there yet in real life, so this will do for now.

• 1 month later...

... special places are limited in numbers ( some alluminium plants of course the blue laggoon and the different stops of the golden ring, maybe a dozen of special buildings in reykavick.. max )

You won't see the Blue Lagoon apart of the smokes around it. You'll only see it if you're in low flying.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hi I´m new to the forums and I saw this topic on here just browsing on Google and I a quick look around on this topic and I´m pretty excited about this as I live In Reykjavik. If you are going to make this scenery are you gonna do most of Iceland or just Keflavík and Reykjavík?

http://picasaweb.google.com/BirgirFSX/ReykjavikHella# here aresome shots I took during my flight in iceland, hope this will help.