GPS help???

deltaleader71

Is there a GPS in the F-16? I see the MFD display, but I cannot figure out how to program waypoints. Since there is no pop up GPS, I am not sure how to add "direct to" waypoints? I fly a lot of multiplayer missions that are groups of people going from point to point. I usually just use the GPS direct button to add the next waypoint.

There's no GPS as in the GPS pop-up in the default FSX aircraft. But when you plan a flightplan in FSX it will show up on your right MDF and with the ICP you can browse through the waypoints.

• 10 months later...

I'm just reading you about waypoints programmations:

beginner with the F-16, I could not enter several waypoints via the ICP. in the DED and it really disturbs me: so, I will try via FSX flightplan program !

See you soon here !

BEST REGARDS / Alain

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone! Tried to find the F-16 Panel CFG files with no luck. Aerosoft folder in FSX did not lead me to it. Gauges folder in FSX does not have the F-16 in it. Like the idea of running the FSX GPS. Help would be appreciated!

Could only read the Panel Folder with MS Word, here are my changes;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gauge00=HUD!HUD, 0,46,254,264

gauge01=VIPER!DED, 258,1,159,63

gauge02=VIPER!RADIO, 0,0,1,1

gauge03=VIPER!flaps_control, 0,0,1,1

gauge04=SCControl!CTRL, 0,0,1,1

gauge05=VIPER!AS_SB, 0,0,1,1

gauge06=MFD!LMFD, 6,310,165,170

gauge07=MFD!RMFD, 182,310,165,170

gauge08=VIPER!ex_light_control, 0,0,1,1

gauge09=VIPER!AS_Mastercaution, 0,0,1,1

gauge10=VIPER!Eng_smoke, 0,0,1,1

gauge11=fs9gps!gps_500,164,288,192,205

draw_order00=gauge11,gauge06,gauge07

//REMOVE slashes only for Non Accel users!!

// Only when customer has low frames

// gauge12=Viper!RMFD, 182,310,165,170

gauge14=ASC!MAIN, 0,0,10,10,0

gauge15=ASC_F16!ASCModuleF16, 0,0,1,1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I removed the original Gauge 11 line. But couldn't save the changes into the panel. Panel does not recognize plain text. Had to save the document in My Documents. Panel remains in its original state.

You can open the "Panel.cfg" files in notepad by right clicking the file and using "Open With" then chose "Notepad". Then once you've done your edits you can just save the file as normal. I suggest you back up the originals though, just in case you don't like what you edited.

Shawn,

I did click "yes" to save and it won't. See the attached image.

One thing I found when editing a file on the Windiws 7 operating system was to cut and paste the file you want to edit to the desk-top , edit it ,save it then cut and paste it from the desktop back into the proper file folder

Kind of a bull sh#@t way to do it , but hey, whatever works

Randy

One thing I found when editing a file on the Windiws 7 operating system was to cut and paste the file you want to edit to the desk-top , edit it ,save it then cut and paste it from the desktop back into the proper file folder

Kind of a bull sh#@t way to do it , but hey, whatever works

Randy

I have never had to do this in Win7, do you have UAC all the way off and is the user name that you are using set up as the PC administrator?

Rod

Thanks all, but still no luck! I cut the panel file to another notepad page. Made the changes and pasted it back in the panel. But when I tried to close the panel file - same old story! Tried to save it (again) - same thing! UAC is off and i'm the administrator so that's not the issue. Is there someone else interested in making the GPS change? If you are successful would like to hear the details.

While i'm at it - Shawn - I added a photo to my profile/setting and it won't come up, do you have to approve that? Or do I lack seniority?

Hello,I was looking at your issue,I had the same one with something different,save the dll to the desktop,open with notebook,and make your changes,save to desktop again,verify that the changes have been made,then go back to the folder and make a copy of the original dll before you copy,and paste your changed dll,because its going to remove the original one when asked to .

Mark

Hello Old Fastmover,

Maybe you need to check your profile picture and see that it meets the requirements.

Try the following and then see if your allowed to change your files.

* Go into program files\microsoft games\

* highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it

* Select the SECURITY tab

* Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)

* Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)

* Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'

* Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'

OK people! Thanks again & thanks Mark. Your changes to that DLL file worked.

BUT when I turned the Avionics Panel MFB switch off - both MFD's shut off. What am I doing wrong?

I added the two lines just as Randy explained and nothing else.

Attached is an image of the "Outer Panel Folder" showing its contents, including the Panel CFG File I changed. I believe another file or two were added after the change. But I didn't copy the original Outer Panel Folder to check. Perhaps one of you can have a "look see"!

I wasn't always this dense - but being a senior citizen has its moments. I really miss flying, and FSX & Falcon 4 are excellent medicine.

And thanks Shawn, will try again!

post-9671-126470288148_thumb.png

OK people! Thanks again & thanks Mark. Your changes to that DLL file worked.

BUT when I turned the Avionics Panel MFB switch off - both MFD's shut off. What am I doing wrong?

I added the two lines just as Randy explained and nothing else.

Attached is an image of the "Outer Panel Folder" showing its contents, including the Panel CFG File I changed. I believe another file or two were added after the change. But I didn't copy the original Outer Panel Folder to check. Perhaps one of you can have a "look see"!

I wasn't always this dense - but being a senior citizen has its moments. I really miss flying, and FSX & Falcon 4 are excellent medicine.

And thanks Shawn, will try again!

Guten Tag Fastmover

See my last reply here http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20908