EW Aircraft problems FS2004

pinkoobose

Hi!

I have just noticed a peculiar problem. Although I have had EX Pro for FS2004 for some years, I have not used aircraft as such. Recently got the bug. When I start the FS - FS2004, and load the plane say Airbus 319, it loads up engines started. I can take off normally and proceed on the flight as planned. Then after about 5-10 minutes of flying, the engines all of sudden with no warning idle back - irrespective of where my throttles are. Try as I might, there is absolutely no response at all to my throttle movements - CH HOTAS or the keyboard. The plane then goes into a stall eventually and crashes. the thorttle does sometimes momentarily comes to life but not long enough for any significant changed to be effected.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program - with no change at all. This does not happen with any other of the aircraft in my stable - just the ones from EW.

Can anyone please help or advise?

Thanks.

Pinks

Guest Hodge001

Hi Pinks

Although I have EW installed, I mainly (actually only) fly the Bae 146, but just as a thought, and not really knowing how well the EW A319 systems are modelled (dedicated Boeing driver), you may be experiencing icing problems which would probably cause the engines to appear to throttle back.

You may want to check the aircrafts warning and de-ice systems, again I don’t really know the EW Airbus systems that well and this is only a guess.

Jim Hodkinson

Guest Hodge001

Hi Pinks

No problem, but it is just a stab in the dark, as I can not think of anything else other than fuel starvation, but I think that in common with a lot of the larger aircraft, that once the engines are running they will feed by gravity, but double check your fuel pumps status just in case, I hope it helps get you into the air, and more importantly keep you in the air.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim and Shaun!

Thanks for all your input. Actually, having tried this with the AIS, it made no difference as the engines just died on take-off. It was almost as if the throttle was on auto mode and this got hindered during the whole process. But on searching, I could not locate an auto-throttle (It is different on the PMDG 737 which is what I fly a bit with) and on haunch checked the fuel lines. These were closed (and I did not check as I thought that as the engines were running, the lines would be open) - DOH! However opening these lines allowed me a complete flight (albeit a short one!!) rather than the engines dying out on take-off as was the case before. So tonite I am going to try a longer one and see whether this is the problem. Then I am going to try the Bae 146! Anyhow, Thanks a lot for your input and help. I always knew there was a reason I love Aerosoft products - its the after care for people like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again you wonderful people and please never leave the FS community! Thanks

Pinks