Bush Hawk/failures

jochenb161

That is a nice idea indeed - BUT: in this aircraft you're mostly on your own and have to find out about failures yourself. :D

We thought about such a feature but then decided against because in my opinion it's more realistic (and definitely more challenge and fun) if you have no sign indicating a system failure. If you don't like them you can always deactivate them. But if you like them why have someone who tells you "hey, there's something wrong with the hydraulics, please press this knob!" - wouldn't that spoil the fun of it? ;)

That is a nice idea indeed - BUT: in this aircraft you're mostly on your own and have to find out about failures yourself. :D

We thought about such a feature but then decided against because in my opinion it's more realistic (and definitely more challenge and fun) if you have no sign indicating a system failure. If you don't like them you can always deactivate them. But if you like them why have someone who tells you "hey, there's something wrong with the hydraulics, please press this knob!" - wouldn't that spoil the fun of it? ;)

No, seeing as how you ask, because in the real world you have all sorts of clues that something might not be right: Excessive oil staining or dripping fluids, strange or different smells, previously unnoticed vibration, alterations in the aircraft behaviour. All these things conspire to say "Hey, there's something wrong..."

As the aircraft model, sophisticated as it might be, cannot include the majority of the senses that a pilot or his mechanic relies upon to indicate imminent or impending failure, and the nature of the simulation makes it impossible to carry out an effective walk-round check (your model does not permit the pilot to carry out a water-in-fuel check, blocked pitot or slop in the elevator hinges I presume?) and does not, as I understand it, model early-warning of IMPENDING failure, then I would have thought that a simulcrum of the `aircraft engineer` and the pre- or post-flight maintenance log would be a valuable addition, complementing the failure system rather than detracting from it.

That is why the DA Dornier includes it, as it was realised that there is no point in having `consequences`, if you don't have the opportunity to identify and correct, preferably before the event.

Perhaps the rolling animated cup could be replaced with something useful?

I think some kind of gauge to show what failures are present, would be a nice addition.

Most simmers are not real life pilots, nad having a gauge (2D popup) to tell what´s failed colud be learnfull.

On the rolling cup thingie...

I don´t find it´s fair to keep on flaming these animated items. I actually find they add to the imersion.

The Cockpit of the Bushhawk is one of the most detailed ones I ever have seen (GA aircraft).

I actually got tired of buying just yet another GA aircraft, be it Piper, Cessna, Mooney etc.. that didn´t add new features.

Though the animated items inside the Bushhawk XP arent, revolutionary, I would rather call them evolutionary. Small things that makes this addon special.

I´m one of those with FPS problems and look forward to the updated version, but it is still a very good addon.

Keep up the good work Thorsten !!

Finn

I agree with Snave (partially) and Finn. One thing FS should have is a walk around pe-flight. A couple developers get close with things like opening oil filler doors and cowlings. I guess to get that right, we'll have to wait for FSX+y.

Finn, I like those little extra touches. They add some "personality". I like the Bush Hawk - and it's only going to get better. It's fun to get a new airplane and finding the unexpected.

Glenn

Don't think we developers don't look for ways to make realistic walk-arounds. ;)

It all comes down to 2 problems: a) there is no easy walk-around method (we'll probably have that in FS11 I guess) and B) FSX doesn't allow external clickspots.

We're still tweaking some stuff on the update, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. Time to read the manual... :D:P