Update to 1.10

• Aerosoft

1.10 version of the F-16 is now available !!

This will be the version that will be available in boxed version as well. Here is how it differs from the 1.00 and 1.01 versions:

---------------------------------------

Aerosoft FALCON X 1.10 ReadMe.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

This text holds the information we gathered after the manual was created.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

- For all support, come to our forum: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/

HISTORY

1.00 Release

1.01 Temporary update

1.10 Service Pack 1

Fixed CTD on FSX SP2 systems

Fixed wrong MFD's and HUD gauges

Fixed Engine smoke on all combat versions etc.

Fixed Demo smoke on KLU-Demo, BAF-Demo and Thunderbird

Fixed asymetric loadout

Fixed fuel system

Fixed Speedbrake

Fixed Com radio

Fixed taillight on various versions

Fixed speedbrake indicator

Fixed red light for gear handle

Fixed sound for Canopy open / close reversed

Fixed Stdby HSI heading bug and RMI triangle

Fixed trims set to neutral after Autopilot disengagement

Fixed Autopilot

Fixed engine smoke with afterburner engaged

Fixed stupid tooltips

Changed VC Cameraview for Left Aux panel (COM radio)

Changed eyepoint to coincide with centerline

Changed AA HUD to show better information on range to locked target

Added aircraft panel state configuration utility

Added inflight refueling

Added Portugese F-16's

Added Shockwave gauge line in panel.cfg's

Added Shockwave redux light section

Added two missions (the Airforce one repaint is used with permission of the creator, Damien Oxier)

KNOWN LIMITATIONS/BUGS:

- Due to some unknown reason, the last two digits on the COM radio, in some rare occations, goes blank.When this happens, simply keep dialing the last knob until it shows 00 (Zero zero) again.

- During Aerial refueling, fuel is added 25% for each 20 sec and does NOT happen gradually. This is due to a FSX limitation.

- Landing lights are not possible due to the structure of the HUD we used. As the HUD is far nmore important we decided to accept this limitation.

(EDITED by Finn)

post-43-1226685177_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! Will this effect new new paints I have added, for example Yago9's?

Yes once SP1 has been installed all aircraft.cfg's will be overwritten, thus removing the entries for custom paints.

"Re-installing" these paints, or at least adding the entry for the paint will be required afterwards.

Finn

Mr. Mathijs Kok / Mr. Finn,

Glad to see that will be out soon.

Are there other fixes that you still intend to do that are NOT yet mentioned in this thread but were expressed by the users in these forums?

Hi James

There might be a few that has been done, but not mentioned. But otherwise it is as described above.

Do You have any issues on Your list that isn´t mentioned above ? - Then please bring'm !!

I have done my best to keep updated on customer feedback regarding issues found and think that most has been adressed.

If some major issues still are left there is still time to look into them, but otherwise we regard SP1 as "locked" by now - meaning that if the testers gives a thumb up for it´s present state, it wil be released in it´s current state !

This version will also become the Boxed version.

A SP2 might be done at a later date though, if needed.

Finn

i noticed that all of the sudden my thunderbird didnt look right, the textures for some reason dont match anymore, the color is off from the front to the back portion, it wasnt like that when i first got it though :o ...any ideas? :(

fix.BMP

• Aerosoft
i noticed that all of the sudden my thunderbird didnt look right, the textures for some reason dont match anymore, the color is off from the front to the back portion, it wasnt like that when i first got it though :o ...any ideas? :(

You sure all the sliders are as they were before?

Hello Matthijs, don't know whether this has been mentioned before, but it would seem to me that in turns the flight control system does not always automatically co-ordinate stick and rudder. I have to use rudder to prevent slipping in anything but shallow turns. This does not seem to be correct to me, compared to professional F-16 simulators I have flown. It may of course also be something in my settings....

Will the options for either a 'cold' or 'ready to fly'' start as in the readme of hotfix 1.01 be retained?

And is there any chance of a dragchute in the future? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Looks like this is a modified texture of the Thunderbirds, it's not the one I made. I don't know how the maker of these modified textures saved these textures but could be that's bmp instead of dds. Or that the specular textures where left out.

Looks like this is a modified texture of the Thunderbirds, it's not the one I made. I don't know how the maker of these modified textures saved these textures but could be that's bmp instead of dds. Or that the specular textures where left out.

Gonna investigate the T-bird # 2-6 package made by one of the painters that frequent this forum. I have been downloading a lot of repaints made by several people and there seem to be a lot of formats in use and lots of blockies (bad texture compression) to add to that. I have seen DXT3 and BMP all used to varying degrees.

Best formats for FSX aircraft textures are DXT5 and 32-bit. First one gives you a 1 MB file and the second gives you a 4 MB file. We have used DXT1 on the night maps for the vertical tail to save file size.

Actually when you look at the screenshots of these paints, they look truly superb but I had a look at a specular map of a 7_T saved in DXT3 format and the blockies on that was 20x20 pixels or so.... and these paints are released..... :blink:

If I see one of my originals screwed up and "modified" like this, I will not be very happy...

Back to the Pakistanis ;)

Thanks

Edit: The guy that did the T-bird no 2-6 texture set found at fs.com saved as DXT1, that's why they look like they look...

• Aerosoft
Hello Matthijs, don't know whether this has been mentioned before, but it would seem to me that in turns the flight control system does not always automatically co-ordinate stick and rudder. I have to use rudder to prevent slipping in anything but shallow turns. This does not seem to be correct to me, compared to professional F-16 simulators I have flown. It may of course also be something in my settings....

Will the options for either a 'cold' or 'ready to fly'' start as in the readme of hotfix 1.01 be retained?

And is there any chance of a dragchute in the future? Sorry if this has been covered before.

- Stick and rudder linking is not a function that can be done in an aircraft as it is a base FS function. So I don't completely understand the issue. But do check with the new 1.10 version as there are changes in the flight model.

- Yes the cold/hot selection is now officially added

- No chute, sorry. As said before it is not standard operation procedure on an F-16 and we have never seen it done well enough in FS. Neither visually or functional.

There is a last minute change on the in flight refueling though. We now need to find a bigger AI aircraft and crawl underneath it to steal some of it's fuel. One of our testers is on non-stop around the world flight right now using this method. See image.

post-43-1226911190_thumb.jpg

post-43-1226911324_thumb.jpg

He just arrived back from the trip.....(with a handfull of empty vacuum jug's)....

The new more realistic way of getting aerial refueled is both fun and challenging !

Right now it works this way:

-With an AI aircraft locked on the radar...(preferable a 737-800, Airbus 321, 747 or 777).

-Get behind it and close in.

-Open the refueling door.

-Be minimum 170 feet behind the "Tanker".

-Stay at, or max 30 ft below the "Tankers" altitude.

Now You will be refueled.

For each 20 sec, 25% of total fuel for each tank is added to the tanks until total fuel = 8762 Lb (Full internal tanks).

With almost empty tanks, refueling will take appr. 80 sec.

The fuel being added in "steps" instead of being added gradually is due to a FSX limitition.

But since You probably will be concentrated on looking outside to keep the F-16 "On station", I don´t regard it as an major issue.

Aerial refueling can be done with all kind of AI's, from Cessna 172's - Boeing 747's (yeah even from the Airtrike, if such would exists as AI ;)).

Taking fuel from an airacrft like a Cessna 172 will offcourse be impossible, because You can´t fly that slow.

Some more images showing the position You need to be in to take fuel (You are allowed to get closer ;) ):

post-7458-1226917285_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1226917305_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1226917320_thumb.jpg

Finn

Mr. Finn / Mr. Mathijs Kok and Other Developers/staff,

Great job! - I look forward to chasing down AI and stealing all of their fuel. :lol:

Just a shame that You can´t toast it afterwards with a sidewinder :D

:lol: - Yeah! May be your next Falcon will! :lol::lol:

it can be done in fsx and i know some people working on it. give it 6-12 months and i bet there will be some kind of add-on to help us with this small dilemma. :lol:

...maybe the devers are too busy ?

If You have been able to download from Aerosoft with Opera before, I see no reason why You can´t now !!

Wait a bit and then try again...

Finn