out of memory

TEEMUSS

I just got an OOM with the new LFPG as well..first time in a long time I got a OOM. This was with my rock stable LVL-D 767 as well. Page File was screaming high. I use UT Europe and FSG Mesh for Europe. Happens in the same damn spot all the time, about 13nm west of the airfield when using the 26 or 27 runways to land. Never happens when landing on the 8's or 9's. I always come in over the DPE VOR STAR that takes you over DPE, then MERUE-CRL-PG525 then vectors into the runway. I dont know what is causing this but I wish Thorsten would take a look at this issue. I have also tried to disable the mesh bgl with no success. So far, all OOM's occurred at night.

• Developer

HI,

we have tested CDG on several systems and combinations. I´m 100% sure that there is no problem with CDG despite that it uses "some" memory. Depending on the view angle it is about 50 to 100 MB RAM only which is not much. BUT when you fly to Paris, specially when flying over the city (Aproches to 27) a lot of extra default (and possibly third party custom objects) will be loaded which could cause more use of RAM than present at your system.

The culprit could also be the airplane. Or the UT. Or CDG. But its simply TOO MUCH DATA compared to your system. Lower the autogen, lower the AI, lower the scenery settings at CDG, disable UT, use default clouds or whatever but "I" cannot do anything to free you more RAM. And also there are hundreds of possible RAM overflows caused by missing LC textures which can be somewhere in the FS world. For instance flying from Oslo to CDG over Danmark. And in Danmark you use an Addon that tries to load a LC bitmap texture which is missing on your system or not correctly installed: FS will continue loading the texture every second and everytime it reserves the same amount of space to your RAM. So finally you´ll end up in Paris with only 1% free RAM left. And now your PC tries to load the CDG scenery. What will happen? Yeah. Out of memory.

And also there is the well discussed problem of 4GB RAM used on 32bit OS.

Now you argue: "Why doesn´t it happen with the default scenery"?

Simply because it is so simple and uses less Memory. Has less parking spaces for AI, less pathes etc.

If you want to cure it on your system: Try "File Monitor" (filemon) which will report all (missing) file loadings during your flight. And use MemStatus.exe (XP, both free at web) to watch your use of RAM. Than you should find "your" personal solution depending on all the add ons you are using.

Thorsten

PS: Maybe you should try to reinstall CDg without the "using addon mesh" option which uses a flatten file with more than one height. Maybe some computers can get confused by "stair flattening" to avoid hard borders at the airport boundaries.

PS: Maybe you should try to reinstall CDg without the "using addon mesh" option which uses a flatten file with more than one height. Maybe some computers can get confused by "stair flattening" to avoid hard borders at the airport boundaries.

Funny you mention this, I did exactly that, then flew the LVL-D from JFK to CDG, landed at night...no OOM. ;)

my problem with oom is gone totally,and what did i do i bought xp 64bit (i have 4 gb memory) and then i did not installed ultimate terrain and now i have NO OOM anywhere, paris no problem i have landed ther severel times after i change to 64 bit and no oom at all.

that was my soulution

• 2 years later...

OK Guys,

finally some good news! smile.gif

Teemuss and Geoff - looks like your noses were sniffing the right direction.

When I installed the MACDG2008 I was not sure about the mesh addon file (it is still not clear for me).

So, as far as I remember, I chose the answer of having installed addon mesh (I've got FSGenesis Europe mesh).

Then in My Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG\Scenery I had:

1. An active file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bgl

2. A deactivated file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bgx

3. An additional folder called: Flatten_AddOnMesh

So, following your suggestion I deactivated the first file by changing its extension into BAK.

Then I took my DA Fokker 100 into the notorious route from EGLL into LFPG ( I wasn't able to finish it for the last two days).

High sliders, custom AI, UTE/GE, ASV65 RW WX - as usual.

And this time... voilla! I have landed at LFPG, runway 27R.

I'm not saying I'm sure the problem is gone, but that definitely is something important.

So this time I would like to address the developers officially.

Or if they don't visit this forum, I'd like to ask Shaun to pass it to them:

1. Please have a look at the FlattenMesh files. They seem to be causing OOM problems.

2. Additionally - I'm not a real life controller, but - is the AFACD right sending even heavy aircraft at CDG to 09L/27R?

Best regards,

Rafal

Hey

VORJAB

Did you change file CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bgl (BGL) to CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bak (BAK) file? I don't change:

CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bgx to

CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bak smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey

VORJAB

Did you change file CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bgl (BGL) to CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bak (BAK) file? I don't change:

CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bgx to

CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bak smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Do you really think it makes sense to pull up a 2 year old post :angry: