out of memory

TEEMUSS

hi i just got the new charles de gaulle and took a trip from arlander in sweden to the new paris and 8 nm from 26r fs vent down with out of memory problem i had the old paris from simwings installed,but i have now uninstalled that, on of my freinds have the same problem but he had not the old paris installed.have any other of you guys had that problem. i had not activatet AES in the old paris.

really hope for some help here.thanks.

hi i just got the new charles de gaulle and took a trip from arlander in sweden to the new paris and 8 nm from 26r fs vent down with out of memory problem i had the old paris from simwings installed,but i have now uninstalled that, on of my freinds have the same problem but he had not the old paris installed.have any other of you guys had that problem. i had not activatet AES in the old paris.

really hope for some help here.thanks.

I never had any OOM in the whole Prerelease phase, neither in the alpha nor in the beta-phase.

Please read this thread for this OOM-problems:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?sh...=19147&st=0

I bought CDG 2008 on Thursday evening.

Made a short hop from London Heathrow to Paris CDG with Fokker 100SD from Digital Aviation (AIRAC 0811).

While on final approach to CDG, somewhere around caprturing the glideslope for 27R, I got the OOM message.

The Page File usage was 1.45 GB. A lot but I've made several successful landings with similar numbers recently.

I'm using UTE, GE, ActiveSky weather and custom AI traffic. All with high settings and good FPS (locked at 30).

While making a huge investigation on EGLL 2008 OOMs, I've made all possible repairs and checks (landclass, AFCADs, AI textures, etc).

I haven't had an OOM for a long time. True I gave up flying the 747 and switched over to DA Fokker. And switched to Heathrow from UK2000 for now.

No OOMs till tonight. The only airport giving me regular OOM so far was the Aerosft/SimWings Heathrow, especially with PMDG 747-400.

It's not the Fokker, as I've been flying it between various airports non stop with no problems since I bought it one month ago .

And it's not AES since neither Heathrow Xtreme nor CDG 2008 have been AESed yet.

I'll investigate further tomorrow and during the weekend. What a pity...

BTW: Before the OOM I heard ATC assigning a few approaching aircraft, including heavies, to 27R. Isn't that runway too short?

Best regards,

Rafal

FS9.1

UTE/GE/ASv6.5

Windows XP home SP3

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz

2GB RAM

i took a trip again to paris from zurich but this time i did not get a oom messege,i have uninstalled my old charles de gauelle from simwings and removed the flatten add-onsmesh file so far so good i will test today again.

by the way i was landing on 26r.

i only had oom in london with the pmdg 747 but NEVER with other aircrafts and i use it a lot

In my case also the mixture of these two would bring an OOM for 100%.

I have succesfully landed other planes at Mega Airport London Heathrow, including Level-D 763 which is very complex too.

But I had two OOMs approaching Lonon with other planes (PSS 772 and FT A343).

On the other hand I could land in Amsterdam, Frankfurt or New York with PMDG withuout OOM. Strange, isn't it?

And now after switching to UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme I have landed there with PMDG once just for a test - it was successful.

I'm glad you had a successful landing at CDG this time.

Later in the afternoon I'll try another flight and I will see. Maybe it was just an unlucky coincidence?

However I'm a bit worried since I believed I could forget what OOM is.

OK, we'll see.

Best regards,

Rafal

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme how is this one comparring to the one from simwings?

Well, to be honest, both are excellent products. Comparable with no doubt.

Xtreme has a bit more details and gorgeous animations also outside the airport itself (behind fences).

I'm getting slightly better FPS with Xtreme, though they were also good with the SimWings version.

The main advantage for me now, except for the exciting fact that it is a new toy, is that I get no OOMs at all.

As far as I know (or rather suppose) it will be AESed in near future. I guess Oliver is already working on it (I hope).

Best regards,

Rafal

OK, I found time for another short flight: Frankfurt (Aerosoft 2008) to CDG.

Unfortunately I had another OOM, 20nm NW of LFPG while establishing on ILS rwy 09L.

I would like to know if only Teemuss and I had OOMs in Paris with the new CDG scenery.

If there are other users, then please post here.

If nobody else has the problem, it means the problem is entirely on my side.

If it is, on the othere hand, I don't know why since other big airports do no cause it.

So I may experiment with other addons like UTE or traffic.

Best regards,

Rafal

Yes, thanks Shaun.

But I guess you know that after applying the 3BG patch there are problems with using AES.

Since I'm an AES addict, I'm not planning to use that trick.

Especially that now I'm getting OOMs in Pairs ONLY.

So looks like I'll be using the new CDG only for departures.

Anyway thanks for your interest in the problem.

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi again!

to remove landclass

Thanks but the only landclass of Paris area I use is the UTE landclass.

So that would have to be the dilemma: to use or not to use UTE.

new LFPG is virtual memory eating hog. Taking into account that DA Fokker also likes to eat VM, I'm not surprized with OOM

Well yes, you're right. But I land Fokker succesfully at Heathrow, Schiphol, Frankfurt Main, Kloten or JFK.

I sacrificed half the Saturday for testing. I was making short flights with DA Fokker 100.

These were additional flights to Heathrow Xtreme, Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008, Cloud9 Amsterdam and FSDT JFK.

All with similar weather and full traffic. Only CDG ended up with an OOM. Three times.

The last flight was finished a moment before on VATSIM, where traffic is low (no AI, just a few planes around). OOM too.

I don't want to get rid of UTE or reinstall my FS at the moment (would take long with all my addons and tweaks).

I wil just use CDG2008 for takeoffs or 'hangar' it till... I don't know.

Since I see no response from the developers and no other simmers calling CDG OOMs here, that is my last report.

I have to admit it looks like the problem is on my side and I do not want to make forum readers bored with my case.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Enjoy the new airport and have a nice sunny Sunday!

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi again!

Thanks but the only landclass of Paris area I use is the UTE landclass.

So that would have to be the dilemma: to use or not to use UTE.

Well yes, you're right. But I land Fokker succesfully at Heathrow, Schiphol, Frankfurt Main, Kloten or JFK.

I sacrificed half the Saturday for testing. I was making short flights with DA Fokker 100.

These were additional flights to Heathrow Xtreme, Mega Airport Frankfurt 2008, Cloud9 Amsterdam and FSDT JFK.

All with similar weather and full traffic. Only CDG ended up with an OOM. Three times.

The last flight was finished a moment before on VATSIM, where traffic is low (no AI, just a few planes around). OOM too.

I don't want to get rid of UTE or reinstall my FS at the moment (would take long with all my addons and tweaks).

I wil just use CDG2008 for takeoffs or 'hangar' it till... I don't know.

Since I see no response from the developers and no other simmers calling CDG OOMs here, that is my last report.

I have to admit it looks like the problem is on my side and I do not want to make forum readers bored with my case.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Enjoy the new airport and have a nice sunny Sunday!

Best regards,

Rafal

Rafal

I have had the OOM also, I get it sometimes in LEMD and LFPG has started also now. I was getting it all the time in the London area with EGLL installed. I now use UK2000 so that has taken care of that problem. It seems it is a fault with the software from the maker. I have removed the flatten landclass file and just made a sucsessful flight from madrid, so that might have something to do with it. having said that I get a loss of frames in both scenerys, about a 5 - 10 loss in LEMG and about 10-15 in Paris. Other makes such as UK2000 and FSDT drop about 5 or less, so the fault might not be at your end totaly. I also use UTE and ASV6.5.

Dear Geoff,

Thanks a lot for your input.

I also suppose there may be something wrong in the way the new SimWings sceneries use memory.

I'm by no means a software or scenery guru. I'm just saying it from the customer's point of view.

Changing Mega Airport Heathrow into Heathrow Xtreme has eleminated OOMs in London for me. Can it be a mere coincidence?

Of course both UTE and complex addon aircraft like PMDG or DA probably contribute here (OOMs were also mentioned on their forums).

But only contribute since they don't give me OOMs in other not smaller hubs, which I already described.

I have removed the flatten landclass file and just made a sucsessful flight from madrid, so that might have something to do with it.
I will try that later today.

Thanks again and sincerely hope to be able to use this anyway great CGD scenery one day.

Best regards,

Rafal

OK Guys,

finally some good news! :)

Teemuss and Geoff - looks like your noses were sniffing the right direction.

When I installed the MACDG2008 I was not sure about the mesh addon file (it is still not clear for me).

So, as far as I remember, I chose the answer of having installed addon mesh (I've got FSGenesis Europe mesh).

Then in My Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG\Scenery I had:

1. An active file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bgl

2. A deactivated file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bgx

3. An additional folder called: Flatten_AddOnMesh

So, following your suggestion I deactivated the first file by changing its extension into BAK.

Then I took my DA Fokker 100 into the notorious route from EGLL into LFPG ( I wasn't able to finish it for the last two days).

High sliders, custom AI, UTE/GE, ASV65 RW WX - as usual.

And this time... voilla! I have landed at LFPG, runway 27R.

I'm not saying I'm sure the problem is gone, but that definitely is something important.

So this time I would like to address the developers officially.

Or if they don't visit this forum, I'd like to ask Shaun to pass it to them:

1. Please have a look at the FlattenMesh files. They seem to be causing OOM problems.

2. Additionally - I'm not a real life controller, but - is the AFACD right sending even heavy aircraft at CDG to 09L/27R?

Best regards,

Rafal

OK Guys,

finally some good news! :)

Teemuss and Geoff - looks like your noses were sniffing the right direction.

When I installed the MACDG2008 I was not sure about the mesh addon file (it is still not clear for me).

So, as far as I remember, I chose the answer of having installed addon mesh (I've got FSGenesis Europe mesh).

Then in My Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG\Scenery I had:

1. An active file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTENMESH_DEM.bgl

2. A deactivated file called: CDG-SCC-FS9FLATTEN_DEM.bgx

3. An additional folder called: Flatten_AddOnMesh

So, following your suggestion I deactivated the first file by changing its extension into BAK.

Then I took my DA Fokker 100 into the notorious route from EGLL into LFPG ( I wasn't able to finish it for the last two days).

High sliders, custom AI, UTE/GE, ASV65 RW WX - as usual.

Yep, just completed lfpg to egph..40min on appron then return flight to lfpg landing rny 27R...no problems since I removed the flatten mesh files.

looks like thats is what was causing the OOM .

And this time... voilla! I have landed at LFPG, runway 27R.

I'm not saying I'm sure the problem is gone, but that definitely is something important.

So this time I would like to address the developers officially.

Or if they don't visit this forum, I'd like to ask Shaun to pass it to them:

1. Please have a look at the FlattenMesh files. They seem to be causing OOM problems.

2. Additionally - I'm not a real life controller, but - is the AFACD right sending even heavy aircraft at CDG to 09L/27R?

Best regards,

Rafal

Looks like the flatten mesh was causing the problem,

just completed lfpg - egph....40min on appron then return flight landing 27L live on vatsim with no problem..

Well, of course I cannot guarantee the UK2000 version will never give you OOMs, as there are many contributing factors.

But the truth is I wasn't able to make ONE successful landing in Heathrow until I swtiched to the UK2000 version which so far has given me NO OOM.

So even if it WILL happen from time to time I can already say it is waay better (I mean the stress, since the scenery itself was very nice).

There is another interesting thread here related to OOMs, started by Oliver Pabst, as far as I remember.

Many things written there are in agreement with what I experienced. Thourough replacemet of landclass files and repair of AI textures gave me very good results.

I'm now also working on Arlanda scenery, which gives me OOMs from time to time (not regularly however).

I've noticed there a few now suspicious files I will test, like: essaflatt.bgl and essaflatt_DEM.bgl.

I don't really know what they are for (Hello, Cornel?). The name suggests it's for the flattening purpose.

But after deactivating them this morning I wasn't able to see any difference. So I'm going to fly to ESSA without them and I'll see if I get any OOM again.

Anyway it's great to use Paris CDG. It's a very nice scenery. The only problem I see now is the airport ground vehicles piercing through my aircraft.

I guess they were not going to do it (intelligent AES lite), but they are.

A very good looking scenery anyway and now I'll be fying my DA Foker 70/100 there quite often.

Best regards,

Rafal

hehe fs 2004 why are we not giving up from time to time because we love it right.its nice to hear that you can land in paris now tomorrow i will take the trip again from ben gurion in tel aviv to london but this time i take the pmdg 747

which is my favorit aircraft (im good at it) i will telle how it vent vorjab.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

First things first...outstanding DeGaulle scenery you guys from the developer team have come up with. It definately looks a hole lot better than the old LFPG, ofcourse i guess it's supposed to :rolleyes: .

...But I've now had the same problem as some of you guys too. Whenever I start a flight from Swedflight's EKCH, I get a "ctd" with a "oom" message upon landing in the new M.A. DeGaulle. I guess it's somehow related to the non AES supported airport, EKCH, as seen in another thread on this forum. Tried to disable the flatten file, without luck. For now I'll just have, not to depart from my home airport and head southwest to LFPG.

Hope there will be a permanent solution to this problem in the future

Regards

Soren

How are the framerates within the scenery ?

I am asking for FSX.

Could someone show some screenshots with aircraft , gates etc and the framerate counter ?

This look like a heavy scenery.

My PC is high end.

Thanks.