Mega Airport Paris Charles de Gaulle Released. FSX version now Available.

Shaun Fletcher

Mega Airport Paris Charles de Gaulle

Sim-Wings and Aerosoft present the new Mega Airport Paris Charles de Gaulle X, the largest and busiest airport of France. This is a total rebuild of the previous versions and will make the main French airport finally available for FS2004 and FSX.

Based on a up to date high resolution areal images all the buildings and objects were placed just as they are on the real airport at this moment. You will find the airport totally ready to handle the A380 with new Air France terminals and the massive new A380 hangar. The many small details and dynamic vehicle traffic make the airport come to life and you will have to really take care while taxiing around on this airport! Compared to previous releases of CDG you will not only find many new objects but the fact we had better images also make the scenery more detailed and above all more realistic. Of course Sim-Wings took great care to keep framerates as high as possible and everybody in Aerosoft was very surprised how smooth the released version is.

Features:

* All major airport buildings included

* High resolution ground image

* High resolution photo realistic day and night textures for all objects

* Thousands of taxiway signs, wigwags and other small details

* New A380 terminal S3

* New Air France A380 hangar

* Includes special objects like the Concorde memorial near Terminal 3

* All aircraft parkings defined per airline

* AES ready for FS2004

* Numerous static and dynamic objects such as service vehicles, buses, trains etc. (AES Lite)

* Incl. free FSX version (coming soon)

* Extensive manual and charts

pariscdg_14.jpg

pariscdg_18.jpg

pariscdg_10.jpg

pariscdg_27.jpg

More info and screenshots on the product page.

Yes.

I will wait on the boxed version, as it has charts to enjoy, but it looks fantastic.

Shaun, ouch, as I am looking at: Madeira, LFPG boxed, and trying to decide between update to Traffic, or MyTrafficx.

Luckily, I am away on business for a week.

My wallet will not enjoy the next week, but hey it is all worth it.

Great work as usual.

Hello Shaun,

Congrats on that new release which I've already purchased and installed. I owned the previous CDG 2005, and I must say that this upgrade is really worth, very worth. The FPS are excellent, given the size of the airport and with a 100% traffic. The level of detail is amazing. The ground textures are superb. I work right in CDG, so I know what I'm talking about.

I have one question though: have you intentionnally removed the reflective textures from the roofs of the old terminals 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D, as well as the reflective textures of the new control towers (south and north) ? IMO they were good looking and realistic in the previous version, and I doubt they effect that much the frames. I miss those shiny roofs and glass towers.

Again, thank you for the great work

Recently I spent ages updating the Afcad for the previous version. I'm wondering if someone or the dev can provide a screen shot of the Afcad, if I like what I see, I'll consider the upgrade.

• Developer
Recently I spent ages updating the Afcad for the previous version. I'm wondering if someone or the dev can provide a screen shot of the Afcad, if I like what I see, I'll consider the upgrade.

Here it is,

don't know what you expact to see on a picture, many Point, lot of pathes and much nice colored parkpositions.

The important part is, that it will work and the developer has also spent a lot of hours.

post-77-1226515156_thumb.jpg

don't know what you expact to see on a picture, many Point, lot of pathes and much nice colored parkpositions.

Well, to the untrained eye, it is nothing more than that. But there's a lot to see if you know what to look for. One important observation is that apron links were used all around the airport. As opposed to regular taxiway links in the Afcad of the previous version. That says a lot about the Afcad and designer. It's a good thing.

Here's my Afcad for the previous version:

Many pretty colors, lines and nodes, right. But let's give another example of what to look at. The runways in both captures. Mine don't show any markings, yours do. If you want to nitpick, you could say the markings are not needed as the Afcad for the scenery does not control any visual aspects, that's what the scenery itself is for. Same goes for those apron links, by removing everything that isn't needed, you can make the Afcad "lighter". Speaking of lights, a view of the lights can also disclose a lot, same as above, for this kind of scenery, the Afcad does not control lights around the airport, so there shouldn't be any in the Afcad.

Etc...

;)

Well, to the untrained eye, it is nothing more than that. But there's a lot to see if you know what to look for. One important observation is that apron links were used all around the airport. As opposed to regular taxiway links in the Afcad of the previous version. That says a lot about the Afcad and designer. It's a good thing.

Here's my Afcad for the previous version:

Many pretty colors, lines and nodes, right. But let's give another example of what to look at. The runways in both captures. Mine don't show any markings, yours do. If you want to nitpick, you could say the markings are not needed as the Afcad for the scenery does not control any visual aspects, that's what the scenery itself is for. Same goes for those apron links, by removing everything that isn't needed, you can make the Afcad "lighter". Speaking of lights, a view of the lights can also disclose a lot, same as above, for this kind of scenery, the Afcad does not control lights around the airport, so there shouldn't be any in the Afcad.

Etc...

;)

Don't worry, there are no night lightnings for any twy. But there would be no any negative effects with this anyway.

Only the runways was not optimized in this regard. But this is what is already fixed for the first update (with some other small things indeed), for the release the time was running out for such small issues.

You better lean back and enjoy this scenery than loosing your time with such trifles... ;)

post-1868-1226536400_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Released already :blink:

I guess I may be getting a surprise (f-16, madeira, lfpg) in the mail soon. :D

Insbruck, paris VFR, your next.

I have to figure some way to cough up the money for Switzerland pro soon without having to move to the couch.

Shaun,

I bought the FS2004 version of the Mega Airport Paris Charles de Gaulle and I wonder when the FSX version will be made available in the FAQ section. Just checkek and it is not in my list.

Regards,

Dan

Bought it two hours ago and explored it. Impressive scenery, VERY light on framerates and just beautiful. Certainly on par with some of the best airports out there...

Hi,

I also bought the LFPG scenery for FSX yesterday and I am absolutely thrilled by its performance. With PMDGs MD-11, UTEX, ActiveSkyX (on a network) and IVAO online traffic I get up to 25 frames (on a powerful machine). Absolutely terrific! I have the feeling that more and more great sceneries are being released and programmers now know exactly how to cope with FSX SP 2. I´m looking forward to many more great sceneries and aircraft to come. It looks like the remaining two years until the release of FS11 are going to be great!! :rolleyes:

Ingo

I like this scenery also, although my framerates are not very good.

I think the reason is the FlightParis scenery I have installed also, which is very demanding.

But my question is, why is AESlight disabled with the Acceleration-pack?

And what does AESlight mean in this scenery? Can someone answer this?

Bernhard

• Developer
I like this scenery also, although my framerates are not very good.

I think the reason is the FlightParis scenery I have installed also, which is very demanding.

But my question is, why is AESlight disabled with the Acceleration-pack?

And what does AESlight mean in this scenery? Can someone answer this?

Bernhard

AESlite will gernerate the Traffic on the Apron,Streets to the Terminals and the Train connecting the Terminal.

At the moment, the based Modules are only compatible with the FSX SP2, the Version for the FSX + Accpack will follow as update.

Unfortunately the FSX with SP2 and FSX with Accpack are two different Versions, not having the same code inside. So we must make also to different Version for the Intellscene code, that is not finished for Accpack yet.

Hello,

What about this ?

I have FSX SP1 SP2 (not accpack) and not directX10 preview checked.

It was an incompatibility with the sceneries Flight Paris (france VFR)

All is ok now :

Mega Airport CDG must be in priority 1 above Paris sceneries.

Claudine

It was an incompatibility with the sceneries Flight Paris (france VFR)

All is ok now :

Mega Airport CDG must be in priority 1 above Paris sceneries.

Claudine

Sorry, it's wrong, the bad textures come back. I have the good texture only when I uncheck the Paris sceneries (Francevfr)

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

Clo

Sorry, it's wrong, the bad textures come back. I have the good texture only when I uncheck the Paris sceneries (Francevfr)

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

Clo

Hello Claudine,

I had some of these issues too during installation of CDG. Unfortunately I don´t know precisely how I solved it, but after disabling/enabling the several parts of France VFR and changing the priorities in the scenery library it works at last. The critical point is imho the position of the VFR-Pack. As you can note in the screenshot I sandwiched it in the BasePack entries and it seems to be it, at least on my machine. Give it a try and I hope it solves your problem too.

Kind regards

Jo

post-17164-1228425983_thumb.jpg

Hello Claudine,

I had some of these issues too during installation of CDG. Unfortunately I don´t know precisely how I solved it, but after disabling/enabling the several parts of France VFR and changing the priorities in the scenery library it works at last. The critical point is imho the position of the VFR-Pack. As you can note in the screenshot I sandwiched it in the BasePack entries and it seems to be it, at least on my machine. Give it a try and I hope it solves your problem too.

Kind regards

Jo

Hello Jo,

Thanks for your help. So I still tested yesterday and today, and I have the good texture now ! I don't understand why ! But I noticed the scenery library was capricious ! So I have LFPN Toussus airport Francevfr in priority 1 and it doesn't appear, I have to disable and enable the secenery to have the good scenery, not the default scenery ! For CDG, at least I changed with CDG above and the sceneries Paris below.

So I will test your method. I think it's a good idea.

Best regards

Claudine

• Upvote 1

Hello Claudine,

Kind regards

Jo

Hello Jo,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. From time to time I have the good texture with the same order in the scenery library. So I remember I had some problems with LFPI Issy-les-Moulineaux Heliport, the helicopte was sank in the ground. And I had to move many files from vfrpack to FPBP_SC.

So first I will desinstall CDG and reinstall it. And after I will see with the Paris sceneries.

I hope, I hope ...

How much Fps do you get with the new CDG ?

Best regards

Claudine

Hello Jo,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. From time to time I have the good texture with the same order in the scenery library. So I remember I had some problems with LFPI Issy-les-Moulineaux Heliport, the helicopte was sank in the ground. And I had to move many files from vfrpack to FPBP_SC.

So first I will desinstall CDG and reinstall it. And after I will see with the Paris sceneries.

I hope, I hope ...

How much Fps do you get with the new CDG ?

Best regards

Claudine

@Shaun

Hello Shaun, if you are afraid that your topic declines to a FranceVFR-support-thread please feel free to move it to a separate thread :rolleyes:

@clo08

Hello Claudine

In times before new CDG I had the same problems with LFPI and they were definitely gone at the time when I moved the VFRpack below Citypack. I didn´t move any files from VFRpack, but I toggled around some time with the mesh. At present I have the FPBPmesh.bgl, LFPG_taxi.bgl and obj_LFPG_x.bgl, all located in the folder Addon Scenery\FlightParisBP_SC\Scenery, deactivated (renamed them to .OFF) and installed the FSX France 38m-Mesh by Raimondo Taburet (fra38xv3.zip at flightsim.com). In the Aerosoft\Mega Airport Paris CDG SC\scenery folder I also turned the AFX_LFPG_simwings_custom.bgl to .OFF.

As I mentioned in my first post I do not know exactly what was at last the clue but it was a lot of try and error, switching on and off, shuffling the library and suddenly it worked. To be honest, there are still one or two parts where I notice overlaying or shining-through textures, but they are located in peripheral areas, where I can live with.

You may have seen in my screenshot that I arranged the airports above the FlightParis-entries and LFPN is always there. I don´t know exactly whether I installed it before or after CDG but it shouldn´t matter anyway.

FPS at CDG is 12-18 with Standard FSX traffic at 50%, but I have to admit that I see very sparse aircraft/airliners at CDG, maybe there is another issue with AFCAD. I will try to solve it in the forum at FranceVFR, but this will take some time for my French is less than basic and the English support forum seems to be not so much frequented.

Best regards

Jo

Hello Jo,

Thanks for your response and infos. So just now I give up ! So after the textures problem, I have a serious problem with the mesh. I have CDG on a plateau ! With a big slope in a side. I don't have any other mesh for Fsx. But if I uncheck the Paris sceneries : no slope.

So when I will can use Fsx again, (because I am deffraging my HD with Ultimate defrag and with the High performance option, the defrag is very very slow). I will try another mesh, like the 38 m from Raimondo Taburet.

I have about 9 fps in CDG. But great surprise with London vfr, I have 12 fps minimum. A very, very nice scenery.

Best regards

Claudine

Hello Jo,

I have solved the texture's problem. I neutralized the file : t1satFSXnear_LIB.Bgl in cdg SC folder.

And for the mesh problem : I neutralized the 5 files cvxCDG_FLATTEN !

All is right now with the FranceVfr Paris sceneries and Mega Airport CDG :lol:

best regards

Claudine