Madeira X Visual Aids Missing

maDBoos

Both Fly Tampa for Kia Tak as mentioned earlier and also FSDREAMTEAM for JFK on the Canarise Approach rwy 13L/R have the lead in lights!

Im waiting until the lead in lights for Madeira are added before I purchase.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Folks,

I'm afraid to say there is no further progress on this.

Other developers may have been able to hardcode these systems but if they are not

willing to share then other people use what is known about.

• 1 month later...

Did this ever get solved or has anyone worked out how to solve it

Was just about to buy so glad I saw this first .. Its certainly a challenging and unique airport and looks well modelled but I cant see the point of parting with money for an incomplete product..

Did this ever get solved or has anyone worked out how to solve it

Was just about to buy so glad I saw this first .. Its certainly a challenging and unique airport and looks well modelled but I cant see the point of parting with money for an incomplete product..

No, it has not been resolved. And the product page is still misleading as it says "Approaching runway 05 you follow a set of 'lead-in' landing lights over a curved path". I purchased the product because 1) Aerosoft's reputation (I have enjoyed all the other products I had purchased from them) and 2) the product page is worded in such a way that the prospective customer should assume the scenery had the running lights working properly. And this is what makes me very unhappy, as untill I had purchased Madeira, I had full confidence in Aerosoft. Not any more, now....

On my setup I think the first running lights was working but very dimmly (I cannot check any more, as I removed the scenery from my system).

Jean-Jacques

Hello Jean-Jacques,

The lights are there but they just dont flash, only the first one.

Hello Shaun,

If I remember well, the lights, on my system, were not visible during the day, only the first one. Let me re-install Madeira and check that. I'll be back with my findings.

Jean-Jacques

Hello Shaun,

If I remember well, the lights, on my system, were not visible during the day, only the first one. Let me re-install Madeira and check that. I'll be back with my findings.

Jean-Jacques

Don't forget to also try the brighter lights that Shaun posted a link to

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=3857

These were supposed to be a work in progress, but it seems most people are either not bothered enough to make a noise about this issue, or are simply happy to have it the way it is.....sadly.

That link does give brighter lights (can't recall if they were visible during day time) but they are still almost impossible to find whilst making the turn at night because of the amount of scenery lighting that's displayed.....presumeably, that's why they flash in real life.

I'd love re-install this because the rest of the scenery is pretty amazing and is still probably OK for GA use I guess, but I personally find it useless for airliners.

Does anyone know who the developer is? Maybe he'll be at Paderborn in a few weeks and available for a friendly chat ;)

Ah I see your point about the lights being indistinguishable at night... Think i'll give it a miss then.. Well at least Fly Tampa seem to be back on the horse for FSX; a bit of competition to some of these developers might see them actually finish products before releasing them with "compromises", its odd they never mention these "compromises" in the advertising when they take your cash..

Hello,

flashing the lamps is not a problem, but the lamps must successively lightnings. Does not function however so far. I try however further to make these row flash lamps finished. I hope it will function B)

We see ourselves to the Flightsim conference in Paderborn! :)