F-16 Advanced Campaign

Leonard Hjalmarson

Advanced and Expert Campaign  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of missions would you want to fly?

• A2A
    • A2G
    • A mixture of both
  2. 2. How many missions would be minimum?

3. 3. What campaign arena would you prefer?

• Korea
    • Eastern Europe
    • N Europe
    • other
    • E Europe

As you all know, there will be a mission pack available in the next couple of weeks. The missions range from novice level to a couple of advanced.

I am thinking it would be worth considering a second mission pack for Adv and Expert only.

This would be a campaign set.. eight missions in Europe or Korea.

We would add some new items.. cruise missile with independent flight model.. new effects..

It would probably require the ACCEL pack so the FA-18 is also involved.. and can double as a MiG 29 ..

JASSM is a precision cruise missile designed for launch from outside area defenses to kill hard, medium-hardened, soft, and area type targets. The threshold integration aircraft are the F-16, B-52, and F/A-18 E/F, and the airframe design is compatible with all JASSM launch platforms: the B-52H, F-16C/D, F/A-18E/F, F-15E, F-117, B-1B, B-2, P-3C and S-3B.
Link: http://f16-cruise.notlong.com

The more advanced HUD opens up some interesting possibilities for mission builders..

* as soon as you move from TWS to STT mode the bandit is going to know you are there..

* when you are in defensive mode you have to remain aware of your AOT relative to the type of tracking radar in order to break lock

Hmm.. I think we are going to need some effects for chaff and flares.

I have created a few different flare effects ,one for the Hornet another for a Hercules

If anyone has a good pic or video link of a F-16 ejecting flares I would be happy to

post an effect

heres the one I messed around with for the Hornet

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=783.0

Randy

nice,but i think would be more realistic if you could get a single flare to drop about every 1/4 to 1/2 sec. apart and have 3 of them let loose.i will post a vid. here soon . now if this were chaff it probably would'nt be bad but i dont think chaff would sparkle as much as a flare as its basically small pieces of a reflective substance like tin foil.

I would like to see a few Balcan missions, just like the Falcon 4.0 one's. ;) That would be very cool!

Also I'd prefer to fly realistic and very advanced missions rather than easy missions.

i would also like it very much to fly the f-16 in missions. But keeping it realistic is a must if you ask me. Interceptions missions are very realistic as it isen't different in the real life, 7 on 7, a hole year through our sky is under protection of f-16 aircrafts ready to intercept any incoming threath.

Missions where you can start bombing away isen't just the thing for fsx, there are games that focus them only on such missions.

It's just my oppinion on the missions.

regards

nick

i dont mean to sound unfriendly to our neibors but i live in the US and i dont really fly anywhere else. so i would like to see something in the US for a mission. everyone is always flying missions in other country and there is hardly anything for the US. After all you did give us a thunderbird, i supplied 2-6, give us something to do with them.

just my opinion

i dont mean to sound unfriendly to our neibors but i live in the US and i dont really fly anywhere else. so i would like to see something in the US for a mission. everyone is always flying missions in other country and there is hardly anything for the US. After all you did give us a thunderbird, i supplied 2-6, give us something to do with them.

just my opinion

i can go with this . i second the motion,as we have allready discussed what sounds like could be a rather fun one. Also i have a question for the developers,if we go with bombing missions would we be able to impliment a pipper?? it would be nice.

nice,but i think would be more realistic if you could get a single flare to drop about every 1/4 to 1/2 sec. apart and have 3 of them let loose.i will post a vid. here soon . now if this were chaff it probably would'nt be bad but i dont think chaff would sparkle as much as a flare as its basically small pieces of a reflective substance like tin foil.

I would like to see some missions in Afghanistan! Lot of F-16's are operating over there, Dutch F-16's, Belgiums, USA..

I also have a file to actually drop bombs (name it, I've got em) with the dropable feature of FSX and see/hear an explosion! So you could make it very realistic..

See this scenery: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...t&Go=Search

This features two airbase and two camps, with very good looking military objects, however, this is Iraq, not Afghanistan..

Good luck!

Hi there,

#1: both (more A2A but could be fun with main goals on ground, but with Air resistance)

#2: I chose 6 since the most important is the quality, not the quantity. But quick mission is cool too (High Altitude as example)

Very good idea about this pack and I hope to see it soon!

Ben.

Thanks for your thoughts so far :)

Looks like N Europe might be the campaign area.

It might be obvious, but the more advanced the mission the more difficult to build, esp with the limits of the FSX engine.

So if we build a ten mission set, we will charge $5 more than is usual. Would you guys who have interest see that as a problem?

Thanks for your thoughts so far :)

Looks like N Europe might be the campaign area.

It might be obvious, but the more advanced the mission the more difficult to build, esp with the limits of the FSX engine.

So if we build a ten mission set, we will charge $5 more than is usual. Would you guys who have interest see that as a problem?

no problam here i would gladly pay a little more for the quality of where these talks are leading to.i have done alot of your prior missions and have never been disapointed,they always deliver an active flight scenerio that poses a bit of a challenge to complete.